fear of needles

B

brendan670

Awards
Does anyone have any tips to overcome a fear of needles? I really want to take real gear instead of ph, but am deathy afraid of pinning..like last time i got a blood test i got really sweaty and nearly fainted. Even reading about how to do self injections gives me anxiety. I have anxiety in general and am prescribed xanax, but i barely ever take them because I know they can be pretty addictive. would popping a few then try pinning the first few times help maybe? i dont know anyone that would do it for me right now which i know is my best option..

00S4Boy

Awards
Just something to think about, blood drawing does the same thing to me i get all weirded out, but when doctors used to just jab me in the arm for vaccines was no biggie.

Ginandtonic

Ginandtonic

Awards
I feel like there are some topical numb spray/cream that could help if the prick scares you. Having a few drinks could work but thats not exactly healthy

00S4Boy

Awards
I don't think it's the prick gin, and I don't think alcohol would help either.

Some people have this mental thing with needles, I'm not afraid of needles but when it comes to having blood drawn I turn pale white get dizzy and almost faint. But as I said taking a vaccine in the arm is a walk in the park.

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
I was afraid of needles but it was replaced by a love of testosterone. Honestly if someone were to give be a vial of prop I would pin everyday. Nut up and enjoy.

I was shacking like a crack head when I first pinned and you know what it was still almost painless.

W

WeT.DoLPhiN

Awards
^^ exactly the same bro...took me a good 15 minutes with the syringe in my hand..must have swabbed my leg like 10 times lol. The adrenaline will carry you through the first couple pins ( it's all in your head ) I just finished up my cycle and agree that the fear will be replaced by the love of test and the adrenaline rush is quite addicting.

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
^^ exactly the same bro...took me a good 15 minutes with the syringe in my hand..must have swabbed my leg like 10 times lol. The adrenaline will carry you through the first couple pins ( it's all in your head ) I just finished up my cycle and agree that the fear will be replaced by the love of test and the adrenaline rush is quite addicting.
I have one complaint that is my left quad appears to be a giant nerve and nothing is more unpleasant than starting to insert your pin and having your muscle spasm.

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
Does anyone have any tips to overcome a fear of needles? I really want to take real gear instead of ph, but am deathy afraid of pinning..like last time i got a blood test i got really sweaty and nearly fainted. Even reading about how to do self injections gives me anxiety. I have anxiety in general and am prescribed xanax, but i barely ever take them because I know they can be pretty addictive. would popping a few then try pinning the first few times help maybe? i dont know anyone that would do it for me right now which i know is my best option..
Remember when you start pinning to have a couple of sterile scalpels and sterile forceps. Everyone snaps a pin or two in their first cycle and need to retrieve it. Also a surgical needle and sterile thread is useful to close the incisions when you are done.

W

WeT.DoLPhiN

Awards
Jesus bro..I guess I told myself to have a steady hand to make sure that doesn't happen but eshhh don't want to even imagine. Yeah the most disturbing pain is hittin that nerve...the idea of hitting that nerve stuck with me everytime

MIGUEL1J

MIGUEL1J

Awards
I feel you brother. I use to get cold sweats see little stars and sometimes faint. You need to find the trigger to this fear.

Is your fear sticking your self, seeing the stuff, or the contact.

I got over my fear shooting up oranges, not kidding my doc gave me 100 25g 1 1/5 sharps after he got tiered of me almost passing out in front of him all the time.

My fear trigger was when I was 5 my cuz pushed me into a mailbox. The corner of the mail box tore my skin and muscle like paper. I was sent to the ER the doctor pulled out a syringe with a sharp that looked like a subways foot long sub.

Now my only fear is shooting a vain. Which I have done a few time or worst hitting an artery.

W

WeT.DoLPhiN

Awards
^^ Very true man. To the OP,. Obvisiously we aren't trying to scare you but enlighten on all possible outcomes and give you an idea of he kind of mindset it takes to pin yourself ( for those that are fearful at least ). A big driving force for me pinning was the potential of what could be ( psychically and mentally ) after that became a reality..the ride begins :) it's a big step but well worth it

W

WeT.DoLPhiN

Awards
You could even try listening to music...I popped on some explosions in the sky and it suppressed some anxiety. It alleviated breaking the skin..which mentally burdened me the most. Once your past that...its easy shooting

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
^^ Very true man. To the OP,. Obvisiously we aren't trying to scare you but enlighten on all possible outcomes and give you an idea of he kind of mindset it takes to pin yourself ( for those that are fearful at least ). A big driving force for me pinning was the potential of what could be ( psychically and mentally ) after that became a reality..the ride begins :) it's a big step but well worth it
woooo wooo wooo. I am trying to scare him. More oil for me that way.

B

brendan670

Awards
Remember when you start pinning to have a couple of sterile scalpels and sterile forceps. Everyone snaps a pin or two in their first cycle and need to retrieve it. Also a surgical needle and sterile thread is useful to close the incisions when you are done.
Man, that would be horrible (assuming your joking)

how bad does hitting a nerve hurt? its weird to think im scared, I know shots dont hurt, its just something about it that really freaks me out and messes with my head.

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
Man, that would be horrible (assuming your joking)

how bad does hitting a nerve hurt? its weird to think im scared, I know shots dont hurt, its just something about it that really freaks me out and messes with my head.
When you hit a nerve your muscle contracts. So picture having a needle in your leg then flexing. It feels like that.

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
When you hit a nerve your muscle contracts. So picture having a needle in your leg then flexing. It feels like that.
I HATE the spasm/contraction. I swear it happened everytime the wife pinned my quads lol

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
I HATE the spasm/contraction. I swear it happened everytime the wife pinned my quads lol
Never happens when I hit the right but my left decides to be a little bitch.

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Mine was worse on my left but did it on both. I cant pin myself as sad as that is lol. So I had to have my wife do it but she does it for a living so I trusted her. OP if your really scared of needles don't think it's gonna go away. You'll hate every pin until the last one. At least that's how it was for me.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Lol that's awesome. Poor guy. For some reason the first time I pinned I didn't feel it. Maybe because I was nervous and expecting more pain or difficulty doing it myself that when i finally drove the needle in it was such a shock how easy it was and I just didn't feel it. I sure felt it for the next few days after as I pinned my glute too high up and It strangely bruised over to my tail bone. It felt like i had a Charlie horse for days. Quads and shoulders (mostly shouders) get my vote.

lemeseethem

lemeseethem

Awards
Is it that easy to break a needle off? Y'all scared me now.

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
I can't pin my pecs because of spasms. I'm not scared of needles at all and at on point last cycle I was pinning 2x a day 7 days a week. I'm also covered in tattoos so I can't really help with getting over the fear of needles. During painful tattoos like when I had my D*ck tattooed I listen to music and it brings my mind off of it. Use headphones and it helps drown everything else out.

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
Is it that easy to break a needle off? Y'all scared me now.
No. I have spasmed so hard I bent them slightly but never broke one. I have pinned quads, glutes, delts, lats, biceps, triceps, pecs and evdnt traps

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's pretty hard to break a 25 or 23 gauge needle unless your getting junk pins or something. I was curious and bent a 25g well past 90 degrees and it never snapped during my last cycle.

ludbg

ludbg

Awards
I cant even look at needles and im on my week 9 of my test cycle....im lucky my wife injects me.... First and second pin were the worst lol i was freaking out. Now its gotten much better but i still dont think i can do it myself yet. Maybe after another cycle ill try. GL op

PintSizPopeye

PintSizPopeye

Awards
In didn't believe it either, but if you use a fresh 25g needle after you draw your test, the injection is surprisingly painless. I found it hurts less than using a 29g pin that was used to draw up a peptide. Place the needle where you want it, shut your eyes and push, you'll barely be able to tell it went in.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards
In didn't believe it either, but if you use a fresh 25g needle after you draw your test, the injection is surprisingly painless. I found it hurts less than using a 29g pin that was used to draw up a peptide. Place the needle where you want it, shut your eyes and push, you'll barely be able to tell it went in.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2
In only inject with 25g and draw with 20g

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
In only inject with 25g and draw with 20g
I inject with 27g for smaller muscle groups 25g for quads/pecs and 23g for glutes. I also use a turkey baster with a marinading needle for calves....... like a boss.

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
Do you guys usually stab or just slowly push the needle in?

Also, is breaking the needle off really that common?

I'll be using a 1" 25g.

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established

I'll be using a 1" 25g.
I love how I say one thing to scare people and everyone panics. I personally shake a lot and while injecting and pins dont break easily at all.

Also lol

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
sorry, hadn't read the second page yet, lol.
Its more than fine trust me if you have good quality pins there will most likely not be a time where you break one. I have heard of guys pushing so hard they break the plundger and still did not break the needle.

DangerDave

DangerDave

Awards

I'll be using a 1" 25g.
I stab then push slow. Like shooting darts on my ass

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Never had one break on my before. I always leave about an eigth of an inch out just in case the pin comes off. Also the pins I used had a rubber connection where it tied into the syringe and I guess that was there as a fail safe just in case the pin ever came off.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Slow and steady wins the race! Also if ur pinning ur glutes stretch the skin and stand with only ur toes on that leg touching the ground. Relieves a lot of pressure. That is if u can keep ur balance and not fall on ur pin cause that would be bad.

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
I slowly push throw the skin into the muscle the stabbing can cause you to not just hit a nerve but to go through it and trust me on this hitting a nerve is painful enough.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
-MVP- General Chat 43
K Anabolics 18
B Nutrition / Health 17
T General Chat 6
dbuckley82 Supplements 11