At-home Cholesterol test source?

pcn

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Im interested in tracking this with my PH cycles, and dont want the health insurance getting curious about why Im testing so often. Are there accurate, relatively inexpensive testers out there, maybe similar to those blood glucose testers? Thanks for any ideas.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
You can get them at any drugstore. They only read totaly cholesterol levels, however.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Supposedly they are as accurate as any test done in a lab for total cholesterol...

pcn

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Wow! Fast responses, thanks! Not as cheap as I had hoped, but after a few of the $30 lab based tests the meter would be paid for. Something I will definitely think about. Thanks again.

Brodus

Banned
Awards
  • Established
THANKS FOR THE LINK!

I'm seriously thinking of buying the $173 machine-->you can test all cholestrols, glucose, ketones, etc. That's the price of bloodwork for a couple cycles, and then you get to use it forever.

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
Supposedly they are as accurate as any test done in a lab for total cholesterol...
hmm there is the "lab test" for complete cholesterol panel for 29.99.
I think it has a single use?

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
THANKS FOR THE LINK!

I'm seriously thinking of buying the $173 machine-->you can test all cholestrols, glucose, ketones, etc. That's the price of bloodwork for a couple cycles, and then you get to use it forever.
It does not test liver values :(

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ya they have all kinds of test kits. Good site.