Ray lewis using deer antler spray

liftandeat

liftandeat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As you all know Ray Lewis tore his tricep early in the season. And know the nfl is looking into what he used to help him heal and deer antler spray is one of the supps that he used. Deer antler spray is used because of the high amount of igf-1 in it. Anybody ever hear about this? Deer antler spray? Does it work?

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
IGF-1 has a very short life span in the body and also is not very good for transdermal. You literally have to inject it where you want it to work. I think that stuff is hockum. Also oral IGF does not work just if you were curious (90% dont contain it the other 10% it gets torn to shreds by acid in your stomach)

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
It's pretty old news. From what I've heard it doesn't work unless megadosed. And even then not well.

8ATHLETE

Banned
Awards
yea you guys are right from past experiences i had gotten ripped off buying homeopathic hgh sprays and deer antler is a joke

liftandeat

liftandeat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Igf-1 is a banned substance in the nfl... Good thing he is retiring.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
I just don't get it. It's such a load of crap

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Prolly just trying to use the spray as a cover up for running real igf and getting caught

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

;)

Prolly just trying to use the spray as a cover up for running real igf and getting caught

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Igf-1 is a banned substance in the nfl... Good thing he is retiring.
You don't know much about IGF-1 and testing procedures, do you?

Unless it's a blood test and the test is administered moments after taking an INJECTION of IGF-1, then it won't show up. This story first surfaced several years ago and is only being rehashed because of the Super Bowl.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established

Unless it's a blood test and the test is administered moments after taking an INJECTION of IGF-1, then it won't show up. This story first surfaced several years ago and is only being rehashed because of the Super Bowl.
I'm so tired of people picking on athletes for using performance enhancing substances. They treat these people like their biggest hero until they get accused then they ridicual and crucify them for them doing what they do trying to be the best they can be. Like the way theyre hanging lance armstrong out yo dry. Get a life people it doesnt need to be headline news for weeks/months on end. Acting like they're shooting heroin on the field . I know there's more to it because kids look up to these athletes but that's where parents need to take responsibility and step in and educate and direct their kids.

6andaHalf

6andaHalf

Awards

Yea, everyone thinks its new. Its old.... and its all BS. Hilarious that a company who makes it is BLOWING UP in sales. They were on Baltimore radio this morning. Tons of people expect huge gains and to become immortal like Peter Pan in never never land

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
I'm so tired of people picking on athletes for using performance enhancing substances. They treat these people like their biggest hero until they get accused then they ridicual and crucify them for them doing what they do trying to be the best they can be. Like the way theyre hanging lance armstrong out yo dry. Get a life people it doesnt need to be headline news for weeks/months on end. Acting like they're shooting heroin on the field . I know there's more to it because kids look up to these athletes but that's where parents need to take responsibility and step in and educate and direct their kids.
Unfortunately with Lance it's the empire and business momentum that he created that is his true downfall. I mean, seriously yes, any professional sports organization is going to have users of some banned substance, and why not? That's what performance enhances are there for. Pure pity that these professionals are lambasted for doing what makes them better, especially when the majority are experimenting as well

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The Armstrong situation goes beyond the scope of PED usage; it's the **** he did to others while attempting to keep his name clean that turned most against him. He did some rather dirty things that vastly altered lives when they were right all along.

PalmFist

PalmFist

Awards
The Armstrong situation goes beyond the scope of PED usage; it's the **** he did to others while attempting to keep his name clean that turned most against him. He did some rather dirty things that vastly altered lives when they were right all along.
This too^^^

rsnake21

rsnake21

Awards
  • Established
The ray lewis thing can't be too old because the owner of the company said it was for his tricep injury which occurred in October.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
I don't know the full story so ill take your word for it because I don't care enough nor do I idolize others enough to be let down by them when they act unethical. How many that make it big get there without stepping on some heads? Didn't he help alot with his cancer foundation as well? I think it comes with the territory in most cases of big business and that's what lance turned into a business from an athlete....Ugh or maybe iono wtf I'm talking about, I'll never rise to that kind of power or success anyway in this lifetime so ill never know first hand what it entails. More money more problems? Or more money more *******s to deal with which in turn changed you into a person willing to do what you never thought you would to stay on top? Anyway sorry to hijack. back to the football player nobody gives a crap about. Football players using performance drugs?! No way! :-/

liftandeat

liftandeat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The owner of the company that sold this deer antler spray also said that he has sold his products to numerous SEC schools. Alabama Auburn LSU.

ssprauer

Awards
agreed!!!! Athletes are not role models! they are competitive people who will do what is necessary to win.