Anyone prone to MPB ever use 1-Test or 1AD?

mtruther

mtruther

Awards
I know this is going to vary from person to person, but has anyone who has previously known they were balding or treating the situation gone on either 1-test or 1AD? and the results?

Specifically, I was curious how treatment with spiro, nizoral, etc... went.

I know that 1-test converts to DHT through the infamous "unknown pathway." Just curious how well something like spiro or AA might be in minimizing the risk.

I'm probably just fooling myself into hoping I could run one of these while being prone to MPB and still keep my hair.

Oatmeal_King

Awards
I have MPB; has been manifest since about 19-20 years old.

I ran M1T for two weeks. I used 5% spiro every 12 hours.

My hairline receeded slightly and I have thinned slightly all over. It is barely noticeable, but definitely occurred. I am still experiencing very light shedding 3 weeks into PCT.

Would that I were you - plan on losing some hair.

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I know this is going to vary from person to person, but has anyone who has previously known they were balding or treating the situation gone on either 1-test or 1AD? and the results?

Specifically, I was curious how treatment with spiro, nizoral, etc... went.

I know that 1-test converts to DHT through the infamous "unknown pathway." Just curious how well something like spiro or AA might be in minimizing the risk.

I experience diffuse shedding during PCT but not heavy when I used 1-test. I am not predisposed to MBP going by the male members in my family.

Forget about the 'unknown pathway'. Any ph/aas/phs can affect hair follicles without converting to DHT at all.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
AH, you're right - I should put a paragraph in there to explain that any androgen molecule in the scalp could be a cause of hair loss. DHT is generally considered to be the biggest culprit because it has such a strong affinity for the receptor.

The methods used to prevent hair loss in the article are very effective against any androgen in the scalp, however. Spiro is a general anti-androgen and works very well for that purpose.

Im very prone to MPB, and even at 200mg/1-test a day (Td) I havent lost a strand. My hair continues to get fuller/thicker as it has since I started the stack 10 months ago.

Of course, everyone is different. However, most men do have some degree of success using the products the artice describes. If you're prone to MPB and you decide to use androgens, its really your best option, as far as I know.

BV

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I started losing my hair at 17, and well at the time it sucked ass. Now I realize that I look fine with out any hair, and still pull in the p****. So if you are prone to MPB, you are most likely going to lose it, so either accept it, or don't use any androgens, JMO.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
ryansm has a good point - if you're going to lose it, just deal with it. Unfortuneately a good majority of us want to keep our hair...

If the treatments I described didnt work so well for me, or if they were ridiculously expensive, I would have bic'd my head a long time ago:)

MarcusG, I made some changes to the hair loss article more accurately reflect causes of hormonal induced shedding other than DHT. Check it out...and thanks for your input.

BV

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
BV, some potent hair loss androgens like winstrol and anadrol have rather weak binding (as well as not converting to DHT). So binding potency is probably not the main reason for the likelyhood of causing hair loss.

So any decent androgen can cause hairloss on its own.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Anadrol can actually convert into DHT, although not through the 5AR enzyme. I think that would be one of the primary reasons it causes hair loss. I really dont know why Winny would cause shedding - you're right its not a very strong androgen, although it is derived from DHT. Perhaps that has something to do with it.

Any decent androgen can cause hair loss, but from everything Ive read DHT is a primary (but not the only) factor in MPB.