Is there any reason to NOT use an AI during cycle?

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
Won't you get just as much muscle gains using test with an AI, as you would without?

It's seems pointless to "smooth out", even when bulking and putting on weight.

So again, does using an AI in any way hinder muscle gains?

Is there any reason to consider NOT using it?

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
Sure, if what you're looking for is a nice rack...

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
Well, I've heard of people only using it at the onset of gyno symptoms, so I was wondering if there was any reason not to run it the entire duration of the cycle.

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
unless you are prone to gyno or trying to cut down water weight while on cycle there isn't really a need to run an ai during a whole cycle.some estrogen is needed in the body

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
depends on the cycle bud. people do run ai's with higher dosed test cycles. but with orals that dont aromatize, an ai would destroy your estro and set you up for rebound and limit potential

lboston

lboston

Awards
Subbed to hear various thoughts.

What AI does everyone like?

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
I want to gain muscle, but my worst fear is losing definition and vasuclarity.

I know I can always cut later, but still...

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
I want to gain muscle, but my worst fear is losing definition and vasuclarity.

I know I can always cut later, but still...
test + AI = best of both worlds?

an AI may slightly hinder gains but your still gonna make big gains overall

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
That's what I want to hear.
glad i could help. imo, it wouldnt be worth the risk to run test without an AI. its easier to prevent gyno than try to reverse it. you want to control estrogen, not crush it, as someone else mentioned above. im no expert though, this is just my broscience.

Dom Tavis

Dom Tavis

Banned
Awards
OK I know I'm a girl and all but hear me out.
My ex was big into juicing, so of course I heavily researched out of concern.
Not using an AI is absolutely stupid for guys on cycle. Water retention does not mean gains. Instead of starting at the sign of sides, use it from day one. Bouncing estrogen levels in men is unhealthy and can take away from gains.
Saying you don't need one is very naive.

Now. Don't ask me **** about AI and women because I haven't the slightest clue!!!

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
Not using an AI is absolutely stupid for guys on cycle. Water retention does not mean gains. Instead of starting at the sign of sides, use it from day one. Bouncing estrogen levels in men is unhealthy and can take away from gains.

Now. Don't ask me **** about AI and women because I haven't the slightest clue!!!

exactly, its easier to prevent estro related sides than attempt to reverse them once they show up.

AwhYeah

AwhYeah

Banned
Awards
depends on the cycle bud. people do run ai's with higher dosed test cycles. but with orals that dont aromatize, an ai would destroy your estro and set you up for rebound and limit potential
Isn't a rebound only an issue with suicidal AIs? If you took it with a SERM and tapered the AI down, I don't see any issues

Husker89

Banned
Awards
if your not prone to estrogen and you are running a mild cycle you should be fine, estrogen adds gains through igf-1 production so it does more than just add water/fat

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
Isn't a rebound only an issue with suicidal AIs? If you took it with a SERM and tapered the AI down, I don't see any issues
rebound is less of an issue with suicidal AIs as estrogen is slowly returned back to normal following cessation of the AI as opposed to a sudden (rebound) of estrogen following cessation of a non suicidal AI.

AwhYeah

AwhYeah

Banned
Awards
rebound is less of an issue with suicidal AIs as estrogen is slowly returned back to normal following cessation of the AI as opposed to a sudden (rebound) of estrogen following cessation of a non suicidal AI.
So is my liquidex going to rebound?

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
you wont gain as much using an ai as you would without one.

estrogen is also a key hormone for building muscle.

too little is just as bad as too much.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
rebound is most likely going to happen regardless of what ai you use.

you block estrogen from forming.

hpta senses an imbalance in the androgen to estrogen ratio

an increase in aromatase will then follow.

you dont get fully shut down on cycle, to there is always plenty of androgens available to aromatize.

the more you block the sink, the great the overflow will be.

you control estrogen on cycle with an ai, not try to remove it.

AwhYeah

AwhYeah

Banned
Awards
How to do you know if you are controlling the estrogen or blocking it entirely? I know symptoms of high estrogen, but not normal-low.

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
you wont gain as much using an ai as you would without one.

estrogen is also a key hormone for building muscle.

too little is just as bad as too much.
This makes sense when you consider steroids like winstrol give strength gains with very little size gains.

What's odd though is how superdrol has effects similar to winstrol (crushes estrogen), yet still gives considerable size gains.

Husker89

Banned
Awards
methylmasteron is out of this world man that **** is crazy
This makes sense when you consider steroids like winstrol give strength gains with very little size gains.

What's odd though is how superdrol has effects similar to winstrol (crushes estrogen), yet still gives considerable size gains.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

superdrol is di methyl dht, but d/t the methylation, this changes the androgenic properties of the compound, which is lower than winstrol. winstrol acts completely different in the body than superdrol or dht.

superdrol is a weak androgenic, non aromatizing compound, so having high levels of estrogen while using it are to be expected.

agains, because of winstrols make up, and how it acts in the body, it has a completely different effect than superdrol.

sd is is only dry in the sense that it does not aromatize.

but neither does anadrol.

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
Does SD act as an AI when taken with compounds that aromatize?

I always thought suppressed estrogen, or any dry compound for that matter.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
no it doesn't.

it is a weak androgen when compared to others like dht.

Husker89

Banned
Awards
I believe the only steroids that would act as a mild to moderate ai would be heavy androgenic componets, steroids like dht, or the active steroid in 5-alpha, masteron injectable has worked great to keep my nipples in check on a gram of test a week and no to very little ai(just a little formeron)
Does SD act as an AI when taken with compounds that aromatize?

I always thought suppressed estrogen, or any dry compound for that matter.

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
Well this stuff is fascinating. I've only done a few designer cycles including SD. Planning to use test in about a month or so. I have never in my life gone on a "cut", have always had trouble gaining weight. 4000 calories/day is my maintenance at tiny 160lbs.

Anyway, I hope my upcoming test cycle will finally net the gains I need to try a cut later on.

I wonder what would happen if you ran injectable masteron and winstrol togther.

Would that get you shredded as hell in the presence of a cutting diet? Like veins popping out?

wrathchild281

Awards
I love it! Buts its sad to see the reality of how many aas users don't know about serms and AIs. The common aas users I know don't like to come off gear and its like no ****! U don't even know what a pct is..

My question is I'm week one halo/sd for a recomp so only doing the sd at 10mg for 4-6 weeks. I'm wondering if I should use some aromisin I have at 6.75ed? I'm with this girl^ I'd rather prevent than have to combat.. For my case guys I'm looking to drop a couple bf% and maybe gain 7-8 lbs.

Husker89

Banned
Awards
ive done oral winny and im mast, **** was dry but i was cut the f up, this has to be done with perfect to nearly perfect diet btw
Well this stuff is fascinating. I've only done a few designer cycles including SD. Planning to use test in about a month or so. I have never in my life gone on a "cut", have always had trouble gaining weight. 4000 calories/day is my maintenance at tiny 160lbs.

Anyway, I hope my upcoming test cycle will finally net the gains I need to try a cut later on.

I wonder what would happen if you ran injectable masteron and winstrol togther.

Would that get you shredded as hell in the presence of a cutting diet? Like veins popping out?

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How to do you know if you are controlling the estrogen or blocking it entirely? I know symptoms of high estrogen, but not normal-low.
you dont, you have to learn to know your body, and find a good balance. example, for me, I know estro is too low because the first symtpom i get is sickness from a weekend immune system.

Why do you hate me bro? You always ignore my questions. Is this about that thread I made last month?

I'M SORRY!
huh? I dont get paid to be on here, dont take it personal if i dont answer your question.

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
When my estro gets too low, my knees get dry right away. Even lower and my ankle joints hurt as well. It got so low one time, I was walking with a bad limp and had an X-ray on my ankle. I seriously thought it was broken.

Not sure I know of the too high symptoms, but I do have two daughters...and a wife. So I'd say too high means b*tching, yelling, and crying. And no sex drive (actually I have experienced no sex drive when I went away for a few days without my AI)

DNAMP

DNAMP

Awards
Is the only question do we need an ai? It also concerns dosing it correctly. I've heard everything on ed e2d e3d I don't think people know how to stabilize their blood levels and this is the main problem.

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
Is the only question do we need an ai? It also concerns dosing it correctly. I've heard everything on ed e2d e3d I don't think people know how to stabilize their blood levels and this is the main problem.
As I myself don't fully know, I am finding data with trial and error. I inject on Wednesdays and Saturdays. I always take my exemestane the day of inj and sometimes take an erase pro about 2 days later if at all. But I do know my best lifts are the day after inj

I guess it's all just 1 big science experiment, isn't it