Page 3 of 3 First 123
  1. Banned
    Stats
    5'6"  175 lbs.

why will it affect the effectiveness of alpha mass just curious

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  206 lbs.

Any updates yet on MAX BULK? There's lots of folks waiting for this product line...
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by svida View Post
    Any updates yet on MAX BULK? There's lots of folks waiting for this product line...
    a lot of reps waiting for the product line as well haha....we're all chomping a the bit to try all the products
    •   

4. Board Sponsor

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Bulk Up or Alpha Mass?

Quote Originally Posted by 8ATHLETE View Post
    why will it affect the effectiveness of alpha mass just curious
    The other product contains naringenin, which is an extremely potent 17b-hsd inhibitor. That is a critical enzyme that facilitates the conversions of Dhea's to diols and testosterones. In other words it will block prohormones from converting to anything other than Dione's (the weakest).
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    Please LIKE FRL on Facebook

5. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Royd The Noyd View Post
    The other product contains naringenin, which is an extremely potent 17b-hsd inhibitor. That is a critical enzyme that facilitates the conversions of Dhea's to diols and testosterones. In other words it will block prohormones from converting to anything other than Dione's (the weakest).
    This is interesting. I had never heard of this effect before, only that it could possibly modulate estrogen along with extending the half-life of certain drugs. But, my question is how much effect would Naringenin really have in human body with regards to enzyme inhibition? Would it really be that noticible? I also could only find 2 studies that seemed to relate to this enzyme inhibition, but one said it inhibited 3b-hsd, the other 17b-hsd. Maybe it inhibits both, but then again to what degree?

Perhaps the amount effective for extending the half-life of compounds isn't great enough to cause enough inhibition to be noticable. Both the Andro Series by PP and these AndroFactory clones use Naringenin, but I don't recall anyone ever raising the issue of enzyme inhibition with Primordial's products. The enzyme inhibition seems to be intrinsically tied to the CYP P450 inhibition. If that is the case, wouldn't your hormone carrier run into the same issue? Just speculating on that; I'm too tired to search for yet another ingredient right now. Besides which, just because it isn't in a study doesn't mean that that is not the case; the oposite is also true at times.

Maybe it is just a case of six of one, half a dosen of the other. Longer half-life and less conversion vs. shorter half-life and more conversion.

These are the only two studies that I could pull up that seemed relevant: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23370353 and http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11205867 .
  6. Professional Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation

def interesting here can't say I've ever heard of this being a problem either
  7. Banned
    Stats
    5'6"  175 lbs.

does lg science have good products?
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

id use frl or AF rather than lg....
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  9. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

why? lg has been in the hormone business for a long time, i'd say they know a thing or two about what they're doing.
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  150 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    id use frl or AF rather than lg....
    Why? Agreed on FRL though

Quote Originally Posted by jbryand101b View Post
    why? lg has been in the hormone business for a long time, i'd say they know a thing or two about what they're doing.
    ^ This
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep
  11. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by jbryand101b View Post
    Could be why their formulator has helped other companies formulate some of their products as well.
    Genomyx Rep
    www.genomyx.com
  12. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Royd The Noyd View Post
    WTF?? Why would they put that in their product?

Similar Forum Threads

1. Alpha Mass / Alpha Bulk or Low Dose SD
    By srdfw in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-02-2012, 12:56 PM
  2. Setting up my Alpha Mass cycle, check it out!
    By bl00dredrain in forum Forerunner Labs
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 09-27-2011, 06:57 AM
  3. Is Tren Xtreme for cutting up or bulking up
    By jaredmb05 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-18-2008, 06:03 PM
  4. Cut down or Bulk Up?
    By smaxh in forum Bulking
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-15-2007, 06:25 PM
  5. Replies: 0