Anyone experience more ANXIETY problems while on PH's?

Prime Rib

Awards
I already have some depression/anxiety problems that I deal with. I notice when I go on 1-AD, my Anxiety multiplies and is sometimes unbearable. Anyone else notice this ?

g4ud1n

Awards
  • Established
Only in PCT, cause I know I wont grow as fast. :frustrate
But I generally feel pretty good while I'm on.

captainbicept

Awards
Ive never tried 1,4andro. However, i would think that would be one of the PH's to raise anxiety. Many people report increased anxiety while on equipose the steroid 1,4 andro converts to.

DobermanXXL

Awards
I believe I have a form of generalized anxiety disorder.. I've done M1T twice and didn't notice any increase.

try supplementing with NOW's "St John's mood plus"

It has st johns wart, kava and valerian root

dego

Awards
Not while on. In fact I feel better, 'normal'. But during PCT things get UGLY.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I already have some depression/anxiety problems that I deal with. I notice when I go on 1-AD, my Anxiety multiplies and is sometimes unbearable. Anyone else notice this ?
Yes, on just about anything these days. Especially stimulatory androgens like m5, or mdht. If you are having these problems, and a lot of us do, I suggest holding off on any cycles until you can get it under control. I don't know about you, but anxiety attacks are not fun.

Brodus

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ryansm, what about 4AD?

I find that 4AD makes me feel great and counteracts the anxiety caused by PHs...I can almost feel the blood levels drop, based on my mood/mental status.

I am prone to anxiety when taking things, for sure. I don't take anything to counteract except natural stress relievers, i.e. weights, sports, playing music, sex, etc.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Testosterone is shown to alleviate anxiety. Atleast that's what I have been told. Some of us have done a little too much partying in the past with stimulants, and may have casued permanent damage to our neural pathways. I have these attacks sometimes when I am working out, or doing cardio. This is abnormal b/c norepinephrine levels should already be elevated. Like you stated when doing things that are "stress relievers" to say should alleviate any anxiety, I believe mine is exacerbated by this, strange huh?

Brodus

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yes, your reaction to these activities is strange.

Check your PMs.

s.norman

Awards
  • Established
i got anxiety attacks during my last cycle-it occurred during the last 2 weeks of the cycle and 3 weeks into pct. i hope i don't have the problem this time around

KingMeso

KingMeso

Awards
  • Established
Testosterone is shown to alleviate anxiety. Atleast that's what I have been told. Some of us have done a little too much partying in the past with stimulants, and may have casued permanent damage to our neural pathways. I have these attacks sometimes when I am working out, or doing cardio. This is abnormal b/c norepinephrine levels should already be elevated. Like you stated when doing things that are "stress relievers" to say should alleviate any anxiety, I believe mine is exacerbated by this, strange huh?
Hmm, I have always thought Test based PH/AAS would cause problems for anxiety because of its androgenic ratio. But now that you mention that, I never realized it was a pretty even anabolic to androgenic ratio (100/100). And I haven't seen any cases of anxiety problems in people who have done a Test only type cycle. Also, if you have any reads on Test alleviating anxiety, I would love to read them. I'm very curious now.

About past partying, I have always thought there was a possible connection in that and future anxiety.

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
I feel anxiety quite often when on PH's. If it gets too bad, I just take 500mg phenibut and all is well.....for a while. I'm sure that stress levels influence it greatly. Some cycle are better than others even with the same androgens. Sustained cardio definitely helps as well. But when I'm bulking that isn't much of an option.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
phenibut does seem to help in moderation, as does 5-HTP used at night. I notice elevated anxiety at times, but I wonder also if its not from past excesses, perhaps exacerbated by PH/PS use and their potential to affect hormone levels. Too much caffeine and E/C may also be a culprit for me. The main cause of current PH anxiety as far as I'm concerned, however, is the freaking BAN, dammit!

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hmm, I have always thought Test based PH/AAS would cause problems for anxiety because of its androgenic ratio. But now that you mention that, I never realized it was a pretty even anabolic to androgenic ratio (100/100). And I haven't seen any cases of anxiety problems in people who have done a Test only type cycle. Also, if you have any reads on Test alleviating anxiety, I would love to read them. I'm very curious now.

About past partying, I have always thought there was a possible connection in that and future anxiety.
It depends on the symptons, or I should say cause of your anxiety. A lot of guys talk about expeiencing anxiety during pct, I believe this is attributed to yes skewed hormone levels, but specifically test levels. I don't have any studies to back this sorry, but my doctor and I have discussed this. Boosting test levels though to extreme levels such as illegal AAS may warrant anxiety. The thing with test in males is that we feel more confident and happy when test levels are optimal, this shows a calming effect imo when dealing with anxious situations, just a thought.

However if the attacks are out of control, and seem to come at will, then I think any type of exogeneous hormones will send you over the top so to speak. That's why I suggested not doing any type of AAS, or PH/PS until you more understand the problem, and maybe have a better control on it through long term medication. JMO

skratch

Awards
I got an anxiety attack last night for the first time on pct.Last night was real bad I thought I was going to explode.I was working and trying to get out of work and it was busy and I couldnt take it any more.

I felt pissed and like I needed to get some where fast but had no where to go.

now I know why you guys say clomid makes you feel bitchy.

Thats all im taking right now.

I hope today isnt as bad but man I feel like a bully waiting to blow up on some kid all day.

NO MERCY

Awards
  • Established
Yes I have noticed an increase in anxiety while on ph's