Prescription question

Pipes

Awards
  • Established
Last year I started on 150mg Bupropion a day. Going forward with a beast/epi bridge in a few weeks. Lookin to find some info, I know there are alot of advanced people in here that know alot about compounds and chemicals. Should I stop taking this beforehand, or is this safe to run on cycle. I know it has an affect on serotonin and its different than an ssri, something about it differs in how it reacts in the body. I would like some more educated info however on if it will interfere with the anabolic process in the body. Thanks.

Oh, in case its relevant, I started taking it as an addition to Citalopram that I took for about 7 months but am no longer taking. I continued to take Buproprion because it clearly has a positive affect on mood.

Thanks again.

TruthWalker

TruthWalker

Awards
  • Established
Bupropion can raise your blood pressure, and is also a CYP2D6 inhibitor, although if I am correct steroids are metabolized by the CYP450 enzyme so you shouldn't run into too much trouble there. It also shouldn't inhibit the anabolic process in the body. Bupropion indirectly enhances the firing of serotonergic neurons, which may be responsible for its positive effect on mood, and this will not affect the metabolization of steroids. You may experience a higher incidence of mood swings, however.

Unfortunately, bupropion also lowers the seizure threshold and that is what I would be most concerned about on cycle. Due to that, and its high side effect profile, I personally would discontinue use of bupropion 10-14 days before starting my cycle, but if all you are concerned about is whether or not it will limit your gains, then in my amateur opinion you are gtg.

Pipes

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the info. Usually my overall mood is better on cycle anyhow, so I think I will let off of it before starting.