Accutane Dose?

spirall08

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wasn't sure where to post this. Figured you guys would know more about this than the Supp section.

Still have severe acne from my last Test Cycle. Tried Panthothenic Acid to no avail.

What's considered a 'safe' dosage to avoid sides?

Was reading around 20mg/day. My accutane pills are in 40mg caps.

Should I dose at EOD? Anyone have bad experiences with sides?

hardwork25

hardwork25

Awards
Shouldn't a doc have this answer ?

san731

san731

Awards
don't attempt to self medicate acne. just go to a dermo. accutane is a powerful retinoid and besides that, there's more things you'll need if it's really "severe".

tanning and 10% benzoyl peroxide (clearasil) is as far as I'd recommend you doing on your own.

hardwork25

hardwork25

Awards
don't attempt to self medicate acne. just go to a dermo. accutane is a powerful retinoid and besides that, there's more things you'll need if it's really "severe".

tanning and 10% benzoyl peroxide (clearasil) is as far as I'd recommend you doing on your own.

Agreed. You need bloods done every month with that stuff. Go see a dermatologist.

spirall08

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Agreed. You need bloods done every month with that stuff. Go see a dermatologist.
I actually did get this through my Derm. Blood work and everything.

She prescribed 40 but personally I am concerned abt the sides. Everytime I bring it up to her, she kind of dismisses me like Im over reacting. She is young and fairly new to be honest.

Was trying to get some feedback from people who've taken it.

Husker89

Banned
Awards
you come to a board of random people to ask a dermatology question when a dermatologist already answered your question lol? 40 in on the average to lower side you will be fine
I actually did get this through my Derm. Blood work and everything.

She prescribed 40 but personally I am concerned abt the sides. Everytime I bring it up to her, she kind of dismisses me like Im over reacting. She is young and fairly new to be honest.

Was trying to get some feedback from people who've taken it.

hardwork25

hardwork25

Awards
A lot of the "sides" have to do with women taking it. There are far more side effects of accutane for women then men. Women were taking it while pregnant and had horrific birth defects. To be politically correct they included these sides for both sexes. If you're concerned go see a different doc. It's that east.

GHopkins

GHopkins

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There is another alternative if you are interested. Accutane is a synthetic active retinol that can be prescribed. It has some sides and some issues. A side effect free substance would be Fermented cod liver oil. It has natural retinol which is active and bioavailable form of Vitamin A. No side effects and no down sides. You also get the right amount of Vitamin D and DHA/EPA.
Don't go with a processed cod liver oil. They may taste better but, a lot of the benefits are processed out.
Doctors can not recommend this since it is a food and not a prescription.
Not as cheap as a prescription, but are you worth it?
You will have a lot to Google about for information.

hardwork25

hardwork25

Awards
There is another alternative if you are interested. Accutane is a synthetic active retinol that can be prescribed. It has some sides and some issues. A side effect free substance would be Fermented cod liver oil. It has natural retinol which is active and bioavailable form of Vitamin A. No side effects and no down sides. You also get the right amount of Vitamin D and DHA/EPA.
Don't go with a processed cod liver oil. They may taste better but, a lot of the benefits are processed out.
Doctors can not recommend this since it is a food and not a prescription.
Not as cheap as a prescription, but are you worth it?
You will have a lot to Google about for information.

I just ordered this from green pastures. I will see go it goes I heard it tastes horrible

GHopkins

GHopkins

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Green Pastures is my only source. The taste is harsh at first but you get used to it. The Oslo Orange is the best as a taste masker. One tip that most people will not know. DO NOT PUT THEM IN THE REFRIGERATOR! This will separate the other oils that are there to mask the taste. A cool dark place in a cabinet is fine.
You are going to like the effect. I have been using this for over a year.

Good Luck

hardwork25

hardwork25

Awards
Green Pastures is my only source. The taste is harsh at first but you get used to it. The Oslo Orange is the best as a taste masker. One tip that most people will not know. DO NOT PUT THEM IN THE REFRIGERATOR! This will separate the other oils that are there to mask the taste. A cool dark place in a cabinet is fine.
You are going to like the effect. I have been using this for over a year.

Good Luck
Cool I should get it in a day or two ill let you know how it goes.