Lab results in but what to target for gains

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Lab results in but what to target for gains

I'm 43. Been using natural supplements only. Hit my wall. No further gains. Went to the doc and he wasn't concerned with the lab results and wouldn't prescribe me anything cause he didn't want to shut down my hormones by using anything. Just want to know what to concentrate on for decent gains of size and strength. So the lab results are:

Testosterone: 483 ng/dL (range 300-890)
    Sex hormone Binding Globulin: 29 nmol/L (range 11-80)
    Testosterone Free: 97 pg/mL (range 47-244)
    Testosterone, Percentage free: 2% (range 1.6-2.9%

Is there any of these that I should be looking to increase for gains but not shut me down all together?

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Answers

DAA @3grams
    Serms
    AIs

Serms and AIs f*ck up libido though

Or you could always cycle with hcg (mimics LH which stimulates testies to keep producing testosterone on cycle) ...:P
    Quote Originally Posted by AwhYeah View Post
    Obviously we are all alpha males here and swole as ****. I know for a fact when I walk into a room I own the situation. I could literally physical dominate anyone in the room.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBalls View Post
    i lift to get bigger so the rest of my body is in proportion to my dick
  3. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Honestly unless you are that weight at 6 pack abs showing and/or are benching/squatting/deadlifting 2x bodyweight probably looking at training and diet is going to be your real ticket to go further. You could try a product with nettle root / 3,4-divanillytetrahydrofuran in it for lowering SHBG to raise free testosterone some.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Honestly unless you are that weight at 6 pack abs showing and/or are benching/squatting/deadlifting 2x bodyweight probably looking at training and diet is going to be your real ticket to go further. You could try a product with nettle root / 3,4-divanillytetrahydrofuran in it for lowering SHBG to raise free testosterone some.
    No. I got 10 pounds of blubber over my abs. My lean weight is 185. Would post a pic but not enough posts yet.

Thanks for the suggestions.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  245 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rob94hawk View Post
    I'm 43. Been using natural supplements only. Hit my wall. No further gains. Went to the doc and he wasn't concerned with the lab results and wouldn't prescribe me anything cause he didn't want to shut down my hormones by using anything. Just want to know what to concentrate on for decent gains of size and strength. So the lab results are:

Testosterone: 483 ng/dL (range 300-890)
    Sex hormone Binding Globulin: 29 nmol/L (range 11-80)
    Testosterone Free: 97 pg/mL (range 47-244)
    Testosterone, Percentage free: 2% (range 1.6-2.9%

Is there any of these that I should be looking to increase for gains but not shut me down all together?
    What are the gains you are looking for exactly?

Increase strength and size, increase lean body mass, get that shredded look we need to know what your looking for to point you in the right direction.

Do you want to stay away from all ph/aas? even the mildest risk shutdown.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 00S4Boy View Post
    What are the gains you are looking for exactly?

Increase strength and size, increase lean body mass, get that shredded look we need to know what your looking for to point you in the right direction.

Do you want to stay away from all ph/aas? even the mildest risk shutdown.
    What I'm looking for is a bit of size and strength. I'm not looking to get massive. I want mostly the strength of an MMA fighter with a good physique. As for the shredded look I kind of got there with diet. I ate right and leaned out to 185 but seemed to hit a wall with strength.

The cons to this whole thing is I'm an RN that works the night shift and my schedule is all over the place so I do not have the ability to take anything that requires a strict routine. This is why I've been sticking to basic supplements. I've tried fenugreek and a product called X Fit which included HICA and DAA which supposedly increases free testosterone levels. Which actually might have worked because I was able to finally rep 225 on the bench 10 times and hit a max of 285 which I haven't done since HS.

Maybe I'll try the nettle root along with fenu/X Fit stack again. Unless there's something better and not something that needs to adhere to a strict schedule.

Oh, as for the shutdown. Would only do it if it didn't involve anything complex.

Thanx for the help guys.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-20-2012, 03:09 AM
  2. What to look for in bloodwork?
    By Jlavergne9 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-01-2010, 10:23 PM
  3. what to use for ancillaries in gelcaps...
    By jjsafari in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-14-2010, 07:01 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-20-2007, 05:52 PM
  5. Week by Week what to look for.
    By wikked1 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-06-2003, 10:35 AM