Stats
    5'8"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.11%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

PCT with IMPACT? Any opinions?

Guys,

I am planning ALR Industries IMPACT for PCT after my current cycle. I was wondering what you guys think of this product, specifically the addition of Phosphatidyl Serine? I think that seems like a great idea but for PS to have its positive effects on Cortisol doesn't it have to be administered/active in blood right around the time of each workout? The problem I see with this product is that the PS dosage is too low to be effective if this product was actually used as an oral; and if the product is used the "other way" the PS is not in any chemical form that would lead to sustained blood levels throughout the day or more specifically at the time of a workout. An IM inj can not deliver the PS at just the time you would like. Am I missing something here about the structure of PS that aleviates this problem???

Mr.50

2. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.11%

bump
  3. Pityin' fools since '81
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.04%
    Achievements Posting Pro

why pay for that when it doesn't have the proven track record of a SERM? just get some nolvadex from custom, it's like 20 bucks
    •   

4. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.11%

Well the real diffeence lies in what effect if any PS has, which is really the crux of my question? Nolvadex is fine for estrogen after a cycle but it has no effect on Cortisol which can also hinder recovery and gains during the post cycle period.

Mr.50
  5. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.95%

sledge;s 7-oh is supposedly better then pS.now makes a real good brand of PS but dont expect it to preserve muscle but should help with mood
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'2"  305 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.78%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Indeed 7oh would be a great addition to nolva for PCT. I have used 7-oxo for this very reason.

7. Pityin' fools since '81
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.04%
    Achievements Posting Pro

add whatever you want, but make the base of your PCT a SERM
  8. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.88%

I like a comination of a nolvadex and metacort (6-oxo + 7-oxo). Run the nolva at 40, 30, 20, 10 for four weeks and the metacort at 5 sprays twice daily the first two weeks. Great for recovery and maintaining gains. Haven't tried 7-oh yet, maybe after my next cycle I will.
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47%

Quote Originally Posted by screwbol
    I like a comination of a nolvadex and metacort (6-oxo + 7-oxo). Run the nolva at 40, 30, 20, 10 for four weeks and the metacort at 5 sprays twice daily the first two weeks.
    I dose the metacort a little different, but I like the two together as well.
  10. Pityin' fools since '81
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.04%
    Achievements Posting Pro

sounds solid. good luck
  11. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.31%

I know that ALRI in their impact product added formestane acetate, which is an ester of a 3 days half life, so I suppose their product is intended for IM use, even if for legal issues they don't mention it in the recommanded use. I think this product would be great for a complete PCT with cortisol blocking effect if administred intramuscular. Theoretically, taking orally an esterified compound will only increase its absorption by the gut, as it'll be more lipophilic. It's half life will remain kinda the same, altough it'll take more time by the kidneys to metabolize the substance and make it water soluble in order to eliminate it through the urines. I think it'd be better to take straight formestane 3 times daily then.
  12. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.11%

Julien,

I agree completely with everything that you said but the real focus of my question is whether or not there is any real efficacy to using Phosphatidylserine (PS) as an IM inj if the PS does not have anything changed about its structure to make it have a longer half/active life??

Mr.50
  13. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.31%

mr.50 I honestly can't tell you, I've never heard of PS before I saw it in the ALRI product, I found several studies on it though that could help you out. According to these studies, they injected pure PS, no esterificated ps (thus I doubt a ester of ps exist), and the results of blocking cortisol and ACTH seemed effective. I couldn't find any data talking about the bioavailability of PS.

Effects of phosphatidylserine on the neuroendocrine response to physical stress in humans.

Monteleone P, Beinat L, Tanzillo C, Maj M, Kemali D.

Institute of Medical Psychology and Psychiatry, First Medical School, University of Naples, Italy.

The activity of brain cortex-derived phosphatidylserine (BC-PS) on the neuroendocrine and neurovegetative responses to physical stress was tested in 8 healthy men who underwent three experiments with a bicycle ergometer. According to a double-blind design, before starting the exercise, each subject received intravenously, within 10 min, 50 or 75 mg of BC-PS or a volume-matched placebo diluted in 100 ml of saline. Blood samples were collected before and after the exercise for plasma epinephrine (E), norepinephrine (NE), dopamine (DA), adrenocorticotropin (ACTH), cortisol, growth hormone (GH), prolactin (PRL) and glucose determinations. Blood pressure and heart rate were also recorded. Physical stress induced a clear-cut increase in plasma E, NE, ACTH, cortisol, GH and PRL, whereas no significant change was observed in plasma DA and glucose. Pretreatment with both 50 and 75 mg BC-PS significantly blunted the ACTH and cortisol responses to physical stress

------------------------------------------------------------

Effects of soy lecithin phosphatidic acid and phosphatidylserine complex (PAS) on the endocrine and psychological responses to mental stress.

Phosphatidylserine, derived from cow brains, has been shown previously to dampen the ACTH and cortisol response to physical stress. Further research investigated the influence of soy lecithin phosphatidylserine supplementation on mood and heart rate when faced with an acute stressor. In this study, we investigated the effects of soy lecithin phosphatidic acid and phosphatidylserine complex (PAS) supplementation on pituitary adrenal reactivity (ACTH, cortisol) and on the psychological response (Spielberger State Anxiety Inventory stress subscale) to a mental and emotional stressor. Four groups of 20 subjects were treated for three weeks with daily dosages of either 400 mg PAS, 600 mg PAS, 800 mg PAS, or placebo before exposure to the Trier Social Stress Test (TSST). Treatment with 400 mg PAS resulted in a pronounced blunting of both serum ACTH and cortisol, and salivary cortisol responses to the TSST, but did not affect heart rate. The effect was not seen with larger doses of PAS. With regard to the psychological response, 400 mg PAS seemed to exert a specific positive effect on emotional responses to the TSST. While the placebo group showed the expected increase in distress after the test, the group treated with 400 mg PAS showed decreased distress. These data provide initial evidence for a selective stress dampening effect of PAS on the pituitary-adrenal axis, suggesting the potential of PAS in the treatment of stress related disorders.

hope it'll help you

Similar Forum Threads

1. High anxiety in PCT, any opinions needed
    By Justin332 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-10-2013, 05:44 PM
  2. Replies: 44
    Last Post: 03-07-2012, 04:46 PM
  3. Do I really need PCT with this?
    By hamper19 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-14-2004, 04:08 PM