Safe and effective cutting cycle?

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Im finally going to cut down this comming march. Im trying to devise a cycle that will help me retain lean mass while Im in a caloric deficit. I like short transdermal cycles, as they've worked very well for me so far. Im thinking:

4 weeks
200mg OHT (or even formastane)/200mg test base daily

6 weeks off

4weeks
200mg Tren or 1-test/120mg Boldenone Base/200mg OHT

I havent worked out a diet plan to go with this yet...how's it look?

I dont want to make any freaky gains that I wont be able to keep naturally while Im cutting - just want to keep all this muscle Ive worked so hard for.

BV

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
I think over all it looks pretty good, but those doseages are per week? If they are you may want to bump them up a bit. On another board one of the MOD's does 2 week cycles: 2 weeks on 2-3 weeks off. And he uses high dosages. And he says he has minimal sides, if any, and is able to gain at a rate that he can keep. Plus he does not have people coming up to him asking if he is on gear. But he does use fast acting gear, not PH's so I don't know if this is feasiable for you.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Those are daily TD doseages. Im actually thinking that the first 4 weeker might not be necessary...If I stay really strict with my diet I should be able to minimize muscle loss, then the 4-week tren/boldenone/OHT should be a final body recomp cycle, and hopefully add a few very lean lbs that Ill keep after PCT.

BV

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
transdermal! That's about 60mg absorbed...

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
I was thinking of a four week cycle as well, but the two weeker is ideal. If I can scrounge everything it would be something like this:

2 weeks: (TD-700mgs of testbase a week, 75mgs of Tren EOD, and 300-400mgs of 4OHT) this would be adsorbed a week (I need to work out the math). And two weeks of Mohn at 40mg and then 50 mgs of Dbol on the next two weeker. Plus I would be doing 1 cap a day of Trimax for the two weeks and Sledge's ALA. Then take two or three weeks off, the repeat the cycle until I get to be where I want to be.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
i would throw some test into the second part of that cycle

Null

Awards
4 week cycle? It seems like too short of time for me, but then again I like long cycles in the 16 week range.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Ive never felt the need to do anything longer than 4 weeks (maybe 6)...the hormone bases in a transdermal carrier kick in very fast.

Then again, although Ive read a lot about them I dont have a lot of experience with androgens. A T1 cycle about 1.5 years ago, and a 1test/4AD/OHt cycle that Im in my final week of...Ive always met or exceeded my expectations with a 4-weeker.

Plus its that much less time that my body is under the stresses that go along with an increase in anabolic hormone levels.

BV

Last edited:
exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
BV, if you cut and lose a lot of muscle, you will gain most of it back super quickly - just eat really clean on the rebound from the diet man (a carb/protein heavy low fat bulker should net you about 25% less body fat gain than an isocaloric diet at the same calorie level, if you can handle the eating). But if you keep protein intake high and don't try to lose too much too fast you should be totally fine cutting down.

I wouldn't go messing up your HTPA axis for something so minor (unless you're trying to lose a lot of weight quickly). I'd save the hormones for after you lean out a bit and have rebounded from the diet most of the way (shouldn't take more than a month, maybe two at the most) when they can really get you in peak physical condition.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't go messing up your HTPA axis for something so minor (unless you're trying to lose a lot of weight quickly). I'd save the hormones for after you lean out a bit and have rebounded from the diet most of the way (shouldn't take more than a month, maybe two at the most) when they can really get you in peak physical condition.
You know exnihilo I think you are exactly right. Ive been thinking that using androgens in a caloric defecit would be kind of self-defeating. I guess Im a little afraid to cut - I trried a couple years ago and while I was strict on my diet and everything, I wasnt eating nearly enough and lost a lot of muscle and strength. But, like you said, within 2 months I was back to where I should have been.

I think Arnold called it "Fear of Smallness" :D

Cutting down naturally followed by a good, clean bulking cycle would be the way to go.
Anabolics are best used to gain muscle, no doubt.

Thanks for the advice bro.

BV are you using any orals?
No, just the transdermals (today is the last day, actually). Im not a big fan of the methylated PH's.

BV