Test cypionate first cycle.

lesdogg

Awards
Hi guys,

Thought I'd keep a log of my progress on my first cycle, which is 250mg of test cyp per week for 12 weeks. A bit of history:
35 years of age.
5"10
12st 8lbs
BF is around 12%
My sporting background is in boxing and running.
Been using weights since 18 to help with the boxing but been lifting "properly" for last couple of years.
1 rep bench PB 120kg
1rep dead lift PB 200kg
1 rep squat PB 115kg (legs are something I intend to focus on in this cycle)
Diet is very good. I don't eat to a specific routine, I just eat plenty of protein (try to get 2gm per lbs body weight), lots of vegetables and cycle my carb intake.

Cycle is 250mg of Alpha Labs Indian test cypionate. Injected my 2nd week 2 days ago. Got Hcg on hand for week 3 onwards but going to play it by ear to see if I need it. PCT is nolvadex.
This is my first cycle and really an experiment to see how I get in with it. I'm not the most "manly" of people as I only shave a couple of times a week and am hoping I get some decent results off the 250 per week.

Training is 5 days weights, 1chest/ hamstrings/ abs. 2 quads and calves. 3 back and abs. 4 shoulders. 5 arms and abs. I also either play football 90 mins once a week and run or box once a week.

I'll upload some before pics when I figure out how to get tidy one on my ipad.

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Hi guys,

Thought I'd keep a log of my progress on my first cycle, which is 250mg of test cyp per week for 12 weeks. A bit of history:
35 years of age.
5"10
12st 8lbs
BF is around 12%
My sporting background is in boxing and running.
Been using weights since 18 to help with the boxing but been lifting "properly" for last couple of years.
1 rep bench PB 120kg
1rep dead lift PB 200kg
1 rep squat PB 115kg (legs are something I intend to focus on in this cycle)
Diet is very good. I don't eat to a specific routine, I just eat plenty of protein (try to get 2gm per lbs body weight), lots of vegetables and cycle my carb intake.

Cycle is 250mg of Alpha Labs Indian test cypionate. Injected my 2nd week 2 days ago. Got Hcg on hand for week 3 onwards but going to play it by ear to see if I need it. PCT is nolvadex.
This is my first cycle and really an experiment to see how I get in with it. I'm not the most "manly" of people as I only shave a couple of times a week and am hoping I get some decent results off the 250 per week.

Training is 5 days weights, 1chest/ hamstrings/ abs. 2 quads and calves. 3 back and abs. 4 shoulders. 5 arms and abs. I also either play football 90 mins once a week and run or box once a week.

I'll upload some before pics when I figure out how to get tidy one on my ipad.
Man 250mg is quite a low dose. Thats high end TRT dosage. I have seen people get results off 300mg weekly tho so maybe 250 will work for you. Usually due to test cyps half-life it's injected bi weekly mon thurs for example.
You probably won't need hcg for such a simple cycle. Usually hcg is used for harder stacks where you need to keep your "boys" primed to be started again. Tbh man I'd up the dose. 500mg is a good starting point and people have incredible results on that dose. If you do up the dose you'll need an aromitaze inhibitor like aromasin to control estrogen on cycle and in pct. Also in PCT throw some DAA in there.

alpinecoach

alpinecoach

Awards
Luke is pretty much spot on. You WILL see results at 250 per week, if your diet it spot on and you hit it hard, most likely a bit of a recomp (trading muscle for fat) with your age/ experience. I would stay away from HCG with this dose, not needed, and it will increase your E2 ( estrogen). Do you have something to deal with E2? You should! Test Cyp is a long ester, so once a week is fine. I prefer twice a week myself, I don't mind the extra injection, mush smoother for me.

With all that said, you could see some serious gains at 500 mg/ week. I would run at you 250 for a couple weeks make sure your G2G and then ramp it up to 500 for 12 weeks. Make sure you have an AI on hand to deal with the E2.

lesdogg

Awards
Thanks very much for the feedback. A few hours doing some more research and I'll let you know what I decide.

Your help is appreciated.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Decent cycle, solid advice, but my question is, why did you start it without knowing all the details and having it checked over by experienced people first?

Thomasxavier

Awards
250mg a week is too low. That is basically testosterone replacement therapy levels.

500-600 a week for first cycle.

alpinecoach

alpinecoach

Awards
250mg a week is too low. That is basically testosterone replacement therapy levels.

500-600 a week for first cycle.
This is his first run, he WILL get results! May not be the results that more experienced users are looking for. Looks like he may not have done enough research, so 250mg/week will not play hell on him as far as E2 is concerned. I would hate to see him hitting 500mg with no AI and end up with Gyno because he does not know better.

We all preach do you homework, and that is true.

Thomasxavier

Awards
Why can't he just get an AI off one of the sponsors? For his research mice of course.

Don't encourage him to waste his time by doing 250... and waste his money. 500 or nothing. 500 is the starting dose for beginners. 250 is hardly more than what he would produce naturally, assuming he doesn't have low test.

alpinecoach

alpinecoach

Awards
He is 35, a TRT dose is going to make him feel like a million bucks. FYI, a high TRT dose is about 200mg/ week, that should give a total test of about 1200+-.

alpinecoach

alpinecoach

Awards
Why can't he just get an AI off one of the sponsors? For his research mice of course.

Don't encourage him to waste his time by doing 250... and waste his money. 500 or nothing. 500 is the starting dose for beginners. 250 is hardly more than what he would produce naturally, assuming he doesn't have low test.
Obviously he can. I see no issue with starting slow, he has his whole life ahead of him.

Thomasxavier

Awards
He is 35, a TRT dose is going to make him feel like a million bucks. FYI, a high TRT dose is about 200mg/ week, that should give a total test of about 1200+-.
My friend, I know you mean well, but 500mg is the standard starting dose for a first cycle, regardless of age. Help him get the most out of his cycle.

oh and btw

I am doing a cycle of 600mg a week test cyp and my results came back 2200 testosterone, 31 estrogen. He will not encounter gyno unless he is prone.

But then again as I stated earlier, he could purchase an AI quite easily and legally.

lesdogg

Awards
Cheers for the comments. A reason for the low dose is as I stated I'm not particularly hairy etc. a cousin of mine hadn't have TRT at19 to help him "man up" lol. A couple of my younger nephews show similar signs also so it makes me wonder if it is a family tait. Not sure why though as my dad is hairy like a gorilla and strong as an ox.

I have done my research, and whilst nowhere near as knowledgable as you guys, I think / hope I've made the right decision. It's my first cycle and at least ill learn at the end of it either way.
Cheers.

Thomasxavier

Awards
Cheers for the comments. A reason for the low dose is as I stated I'm not particularly hairy etc. a cousin of mine hadn't have TRT at19 to help him "man up" lol. A couple of my younger nephews show similar signs also so it makes me wonder if it is a family tait. Not sure why though as my dad is hairy like a gorilla and strong as an ox.

I have done my research, and whilst nowhere near as knowledgable as you guys, I think / hope I've made the right decision. It's my first cycle and at least ill learn at the end of it either way.
Cheers.

Hairiness has nothing to do with testosterone as far as I know, but rather DHT conversion. My test is 2200 and I have had zero body hair growth, and zero hair loss on my head.

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
My friend, I know you mean well, but 500mg is the standard starting dose for a first cycle, regardless of age. Help him get the most out of his cycle.

oh and btw

I am doing a cycle of 600mg a week test cyp and my results came back 2200 testosterone, 31 estrogen. He will not encounter gyno unless he is prone.

But then again as I stated earlier, he could purchase an AI quite easily and legally.
Hairiness has nothing to do with testosterone as far as I know, but rather DHT conversion. My test is 2200 and I have had zero body hair growth, and zero hair loss on my head.
You fail to realize that everyone is DIFFERENT. Just because YOU don't get gyno or hairloss or hair growth etc etc etc does not mean that he won't. I have seen people dose 300mg and get decent results. I wouldnt bother going under 500mg personally but each to their own. Hairloss/hairgrowth is caused by DHT you are correct there but the increase in testosterone levels can and will cause high levels of dht conversion so these CAN be a problem.

lesdogg

Awards
Hi, thought I'd give you guys an update. Had my third injection of 250 today. So far so good. Not sure if its a placebo but I feel stronger in the gym. Not so much in being able to lift more weights but feeling a lot more control over the weight over the full range of motion. Also still feeling strong on the last few reps of my fourth sets.
Also recover a lot quicker and feel able to train more often. I've avoided overtraining though by sticking to my weights routine and upping my cardio to include some hiit sessions.

I've noticed a slight size increase, mostly in my arms. Biggest difference has been in boxing. My aggression is through the roof and sparring has been very intense.

So far, no signs of gyno or testicular atrophy. Noticed a slight bit of bloating on my face but I've cut down my carbs 5 days this week and seen an improvement.

I'll keep you posted.

Red Fox

Red Fox

Awards
Dose is wayyyy too low. That is a hormone replacement therapy dose. Anything you achieve could have been achieved natty.

StickmanLee

StickmanLee

Awards
Hey Lesdogg. I'm too a newbie to AS.

I am 33 yrs, was 12st4 Bout 14%bf

I dieted down to 11.1 prior to my cycle and started pinning bout 3 weeks back into bulk. I'm using Test C. First 3 weeks I pinned 1ml a jab (200mg) twice a week. Then I doubled it up.
Got nip soreness bout 4 weeks in and started on 30mg Tamoxy daily for a week then dropped down to 20 a day. All is going amazing now, no sides apart from bigger and stronger, massively over exerted libido!

I'm 9 weeks in now and wouldn't of changed anything. I weigh 13.1 now but down 3% bf from pre-diet so I've put on just over a stone.

I was poorly for a week but wasn't major although no weight gain pretty much that whole week.

Like I said I'm a newbie aswell but with similar stats and thought I'd drop by and let you know.

Cheers ?

Red Fox

Red Fox

Awards
Hey Lesdogg. I'm too a newbie to AS.

I am 33 yrs, was 12st4 Bout 14%bf

I dieted down to 11.1 prior to my cycle and started pinning bout 3 weeks back into bulk. I'm using Test C. First 3 weeks I pinned 1ml a jab (200mg) twice a week. Then I doubled it up.
Got nip soreness bout 4 weeks in and started on 30mg Tamoxy daily for a week then dropped down to 20 a day. All is going amazing now, no sides apart from bigger and stronger, massively over exerted libido!

I'm 9 weeks in now and wouldn't of changed anything. I weigh 13.1 now but down 3% bf from pre-diet so I've put on just over a stone.

I was poorly for a week but wasn't major although no weight gain pretty much that whole week.

Like I said I'm a newbie aswell but with similar stats and thought I'd drop by and let you know.

Cheers ?

You were on 400 a week but you doubled it up to 800? What? Why? That's too high for your first cycle brother. Just my honest opinion. It takes about 5 weeks usually to start kicking in, so you doubling up was not necessary man...

And you are using nolvadex DURING cycle? It is best used for PCT, alongside clomid.

Cheers

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What is a serm?

Why would it be useful on cycle?

Research these questions.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I ran cyp at 250mg a week for 14 weeks my first cycle and LOVED it. Had an awesome recomp, great feeling, on cycle therapy and PCT were also a breeze.

Red Fox

Red Fox

Awards
I ran cyp at 250mg a week for 14 weeks my first cycle and LOVED it. Had an awesome recomp, great feeling, on cycle therapy and PCT were also a breeze.
That dose is very weak for bulking, but I see you said recomp. I hear that at that dose it does not retain much water.

StickmanLee

StickmanLee

Awards
I did what I was advised at the time :(

Is using a serm bad during cycle?

What would be better?

Cheers guys

Red Fox

Red Fox

Awards
I did what I was advised at the time :(

Is using a serm bad during cycle?

What would be better?

Cheers guys

To prevent gyno / bloat from testosterone? An AI like arimidex, though for bloat I see people throwing around letrozole, but letro is very hard on the body and sex drive so I don't know if I can recommend that. Up to you though, it comes down to how gyno prone you are.

SERMs should be used in PCT. A doctor familiar with AAS cycles (Dr. Michael Scally) recommends the use of both Clomid and Nolva at the same time during PCT, along with HCG during cycle and PCT.

HCG is a bit difficult to get though IMO.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hardly any water retention at all. And to some of the above comments telling someone they HAVE to do 500mg a week to see results is very short sighted. Given he probably wouldn't gain the 20lbs or so that a lot of first timers see he would realistlcy see maybe 8 to 10lbs of quality gains with very little water. Just my opinion and everyone reacts diff. OP make sure to keep researching and asking questions and you will be just fine.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Aromasin or arimidex on cycle always worked best for me. I pref aromasin tho. Letro is rough and u will feel like a 100 year old powerlifter with bad joints.

Red Fox

Red Fox

Awards
Aromasin or arimidex on cycle always worked best for me. I pref aromasin tho. Letro is rough and u will feel like a 100 year old powerlifter with bad joints.
Why do you recommend aromasin? How is it on the sex drive

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Read up on it a bit. Suicidal AI so there is less chance of estrogen rebound post cycle since it basicly kills estrogen and doesn't stop your body from producing as much.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
And I never had much of a problem with sex drive using either.