Hair Loss Prevention

Page 7 of 74 First ... 56789 ... Last

  1. remember, its not necessarily if you shed - it's if the hair grows back. I shed a ton - but it grows back, only the hairline is having the problem (but thats genetic). Hair transplant in a few years.

    as for Nioxin - hardly evidence that it kills DHT or prevents hairloss in anyway, i've tried it - it's awesome shampoo though.

    my experience(s) anyway
    My Little Site about Hair Loss & Anabolics-
    hair loss from steroids dot com


  2. Quote Originally Posted by Warthog
    How do you apply gel when using AA, and Spiro. In the morning before you go out do you have to wait for these to dry, then are you able to put gel on your hair??? I just want to make sure there isnt any side effects or what not.
    I suppose it depends where the hair loss is, my temples are my only problem so I can style my hair and just spray the products on my temples. I don`t use Spiro in the morning cause it`s too hard to apply.

    Not sure of what kind of side effects you are speaking of.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by travbedaman
    I suppose it depends where the hair loss is, my temples are my only problem so I can style my hair and just spray the products on my temples. I don`t use Spiro in the morning cause it`s too hard to apply.

    Not sure of what kind of side effects you are speaking of.
    Is extra shedding using the spiro normal for the first few applications. I was using 5%.

  4. Spiro can cause excessive shedding during the first few weeks or so. Most of your DHT blocking/reducing products tend to do this. When I first started Finasteride I shed for over a month really bad, but a few months later my hair line looked good once again.

  5. For spiro use I would recommend Dr.Lee's 2% solution. It dosent have that spiro stench, and it goes on really easy. Although I experienced some initial shedding with minoxidil, I never had any shedding with a topical anti-androgen.

    5% spiro is really potent...when I tried to apply that it practically gave me a chemical burn!

    BV
    •   
       


  6. Is that really true about finasteride?

    Why does this happen?

  7. Quote Originally Posted by rrgg
    Is that really true about finasteride?

    Why does this happen?

    When Finasteride enters your system, it begins to stop the formation of DHT. The follicles being affected by DHT fall out slowly (or quickly in some cases), and as they begin to recycle again into stronger follicles, they grow back.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by travbedaman
    When Finasteride enters your system, it begins to stop the formation of DHT. The follicles being affected by DHT fall out slowly (or quickly in some cases), and as they begin to recycle again into stronger follicles, they grow back.
    OK. Your previous message seemed to imply that finasteride would actually be a cause of shedding initially, which made little sense to me. You're really talking about follicles DHT has already reached.

  9. What is the story with dr lees consultataion. It says your order will be cancelled if you do not do it. But there is no link to do it. I ordered with no consultation. Will my order really be cancelled. I have not gotton a email yet about a cancellation.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Death
    What is the story with dr lees consultataion. It says your order will be cancelled if you do not do it. But there is no link to do it. I ordered with no consultation. Will my order really be cancelled. I have not gotton a email yet about a cancellation.
    Nope, you just won't receive anything. I tried doing this a couple years ago, because I didn't even know of a consultation....I eventually called them up after waiting a month for my order and they explained everything to me then. There is a link on minoxidil.com somewhere, you'll just have ot look for it.

  11. For those taking some form of finasteride:

    I was reading ALR's Building the Perfect Beast, and he mentions that taking Arimidex and/or Femara can fend of the weakened woody, squishy muscle side effects. I don't have it in front of me, but I can get back with doses if anyone wants.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by travbedaman
    Spiro can cause excessive shedding during the first few weeks or so. Most of your DHT blocking/reducing products tend to do this. When I first started Finasteride I shed for over a month really bad, but a few months later my hair line looked good once again.
    good to know. I am using 5% spiro with costco minoxidil and experienced some shedding, which I cannot afford. That was about 6 weeks ago, still hopeful for something to regrow.

  13. does AA cause shedding

  14. Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea
    does AA cause shedding
    It does with some people. The thing with shedding is that some people do not really take notice of how many hairs lost in a day until they start using hair loss products on a regular basis. Then most people read about how product X,Y and Z can cause shedding and starts to freak. Someone even with no signs of MPB will lose somewhere between 50-100 per day.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by travbedaman
    Someone even with no signs of MPB will lose somewhere between 50-100 per day.
    I didn't realize the number was that high?

  16. BV how about dutasteride. does anyone have experience w/ it or know where to get it. thanks.

  17. I've heard very mixed opinions on dutasteride, though I've never used it myself. Some report that it causes a host of side-effects, and it's especially likely to cause gyno. Try the forums at www.hairsite.com to pick up some info. Also know that a lot of guys who get results will just disappear from hairloss forums, never to be heard from again. I did.

    If you're looking for a place, try House Pharmacy (housepharmacy.com). Also Quality Health Inc., based in the UK. (qhi.co.uk)

  18. BV how about dutasteride. does anyone have experience w/ it or know where to get it. thanks.
    No idea bro, that's one chem I havent really looked into. Like I mentioned before, my personal experience with hair loss prevention begins and ends with the topicals,which have worked great for me.

    It does with some people. The thing with shedding is that some people do not really take notice of how many hairs lost in a day until they start using hair loss products on a regular basis. Then most people read about how product X,Y and Z can cause shedding and starts to freak. Someone even with no signs of MPB will lose somewhere between 50-100 per day.
    Trav is right on here...when you start thinking you're losing hair you count every hair you find. Grab a few hairs (~100) between your thumb and index finger and give them a good tug. Its normal for you to loose 3-7 hairs when you do this. Anything a lot more would be cause for concern.

    BV

  19. Been using Duta since Feb 03 and have had nothing but benifits from it. This being said I have heard of others that loose a large amounts of hair on it and no one knows why.

  20. Alright guys, need your advice here. Used AAS in the past with no issues (winny, eq, dbol, test, primo, deca, proviron). Recently started a EQ, prostanazol (prob the culprit) and 4-0HT cyp cycle. Recently, I noticed that the hair right above my temples is slightly thinning. This came as a shock to me as I actually have to cut my hair once a wk (myself) because it grows so fast, and use thinning sheers as it is so damn thick and course. I dropped the prostanazol after 4 weeks, and am continuing the EQ and 4-OHT cyp. I purchased some NIZORAL (non-rx strength) and have been using that 4x wk. I was contemplating using finasteride, as I have never had anything lower my libido, erections, etc.... Any advice guys would be greatly appreciated and I am open to suggestions. I do have some saw palmetto extract at my disposal but am weary of using that if it may infact block testosterone.....
    Also, I just ordered some spiro. I would not mind using that at night, but do not want to have to use tsomething during the day, if at all possible.

  21. Hey Max32 -

    It probably is the prostanazol causing the loss, as 4OHT and EQ are known to not be harsh on the hair line. I dont know if prostanazol converts to DHT or not, but if its like Winstrol its derived from DHT. That in itself could cause the problem with the actual androgen molecule causing the trouble at the scalp.

    If this is the case, then the only thing that's going to help you is an topical anti-androgen like spiro or fluridil. The 5% spiro is pretty harsh, but the 2% solution from Dr.Lee dosent smell bad at all and is fine to use 2x per day. Another thing to keep in mind is that Spiro has a relatively short halflife in the skin, so you really want to use a 2x/day (or more) application regimen to see maximal results.

    Finasteride only blocks DHT conversion at the 5AR enzyme, and that's probably not what's happening here...again this is referencing winstrol,but it dosent convert to DHT. Chances are prostanazol dosent either.

    Saw Palmetto is good for you so you should take that anyway

    I would think that with your already thick hair, Nizoral and 2x per day spiro2% would work well.

    BV

  22. Saw palmetto blocks testpstone thats a first ive heard...i take it everyday...

    i actually heard saw palmetto is good for hairloss...


    Quote Originally Posted by Max32
    Alright guys, need your advice here. Used AAS in the past with no issues (winny, eq, dbol, test, primo, deca, proviron). Recently started a EQ, prostanazol (prob the culprit) and 4-0HT cyp cycle. Recently, I noticed that the hair right above my temples is slightly thinning. This came as a shock to me as I actually have to cut my hair once a wk (myself) because it grows so fast, and use thinning sheers as it is so damn thick and course. I dropped the prostanazol after 4 weeks, and am continuing the EQ and 4-OHT cyp. I purchased some NIZORAL (non-rx strength) and have been using that 4x wk. I was contemplating using finasteride, as I have never had anything lower my libido, erections, etc.... Any advice guys would be greatly appreciated and I am open to suggestions. I do have some saw palmetto extract at my disposal but am weary of using that if it may infact block testosterone.....
    Also, I just ordered some spiro. I would not mind using that at night, but do not want to have to use tsomething during the day, if at all possible.

  23. Hey Bv ,i have changed my testostrone levels though my diet..(healthy protein carbs and fats)

    i know my testostrone levsl are higher than before...with this in mind..would higher testostrone levels increase dht(asumign im predisposed to make pattern baldness) and thus increase my chances for losing hair?

  24. Yeah I would think so - more test would mean more converted DHT. You know though, Im not sure if the body has a method for mediating DHT conversion when the testosterone is produced naturally.

    That's a good question smeton, I would think that it definitely would mean more DHT. But you'd have to have quite a bit more test in your system to make a drastic effect o your hairline. I would just keep an eye on your hair line. If you think its starting to thin out, then take action.

    BV

  25. I have used Finasteride for about the past 4 years, I have had no side effects from it at all, I think it may help slow hair loss, but it has not increased the amount of hair I have, I have read if u stop using it, the hair loss will really increase, I have not stopped taking it in the past four years, I dont need any more chrome showing on my head than I already have.....

  26. If propecia blocks the conversion of testosterone to DHT, what happens to that testosterone? Does it typically convert to something else right away? Or does it remain testosterone (thus possibly increasing free test?)

  27. Well there are the issues with SHBG taking care of excess free test in your system. Plus, aromatase would be converting that test to estrogen.

    DHT is the body's natural aromatase inhibitor that helps keep your hormone levels in check, plus its one of your primary 'strength' hormones. I wouldnt use an oral anti-androgen unless i HAD to.

    BV

  28. you probally have higher testostrone levels than your dad , your grandfather, his dad...etc your ancestors....

    so if they went bald ...does that mean your gonna go bald sooner because of higher testostrone levels...provided that you dont use haircare products, but if you do use haurcare products , it could take longer or you could never lose your hair..technology is alwats advancing


    Quote Originally Posted by BigVrunga
    Yeah I would think so - more test would mean more converted DHT. You know though, Im not sure if the body has a method for mediating DHT conversion when the testosterone is produced naturally.

    That's a good question smeton, I would think that it definitely would mean more DHT. But you'd have to have quite a bit more test in your system to make a drastic effect o your hairline. I would just keep an eye on your hair line. If you think its starting to thin out, then take action.

    BV

  29. Quote Originally Posted by RipdnTxs
    I have used Finasteride for about the past 4 years, I have had no side effects from it at all, I think it may help slow hair loss, but it has not increased the amount of hair I have, I have read if u stop using it, the hair loss will really increase, I have not stopped taking it in the past four years, I dont need any more chrome showing on my head than I already have.....
    So you can STOP taking Finasteride once you've achieved a "comfortable" level of hair? I thought that stuff was lifetime...

  30. Quote Originally Posted by CEDeoudes59
    remember, its not necessarily if you shed - it's if the hair grows back. I shed a ton - but it grows back, only the hairline is having the problem (but thats genetic). Hair transplant in a few years.

    as for Nioxin - hardly evidence that it kills DHT or prevents hairloss in anyway, i've tried it - it's awesome shampoo though.

    my experience(s) anyway
    This might sound stupid but...how can you tell if it GROWS back? How many months/weeks would it take for you to be able to interpret this. I have been shedding like crazy for several weeks now (no shedding during my 3 week cycle of Superdrol/Max LMG and liquid Nolvadex as PCT) but the shedding started afterward...
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. hair loss prevention
    By BOVEY in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 09-15-2007, 12:46 AM
  2. Hair Loss Prevention?
    By BigVrunga in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-12-2006, 08:45 PM
  3. hair loss prevention while on test enth?
    By gator0090 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-23-2005, 04:54 PM
  4. MDHT and hair loss prevention?
    By z28man in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-11-2004, 01:52 PM
Log in
Log in