Hair Loss Prevention - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 7

Hair Loss Prevention

Page 7 of 56 First ... 25678912 ... Last
  1. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigVrunga
    V12 (and arginine in general) give me horrible acne - I can't even use Arginine-based products.

I dont know about the inital hairloss lifted, Im sure its based on genetics.
    Really? Thx for the tip bud...I've been off the V12 for almost a week and a half now and it seems that my face and upper back are starting to clear up some in the last couple days...so hopefully I'll be able to tell very soon if it's the v12....but this sucks since V12 works so well for me.

2. Elite Member

Oh yeah man, and I mean BAD acne - they're more like boils that take literally months to fully disappear. Strangely enough, its always on my shoulders and abdomen, too.

Arginine gave me great pumps too, but its just not worth it. I think it lowers your body's resistance to a certain virus ( I think its a form of herpes, actually) because they lower your body's L-Lysine levels. I supplemented with plenty of L-Lysine too, and it didnt help.

BV
  3. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tad50
    BV, in your above post you mentioned spiro and fluridil are the only topical anti-androgens that you know of that will help with AAS that do not convert to DHT but still have a negative effect on your hairline. What about AA?
    There are other ones out there. You're just really better off not using them unless you're really, really want to experiment with them and are pretty desparate. Flutamide is one. Problem is, it's also absorbed systemically and can cause some nasty problems.

Just wanted to throw that out there in case someone got the, "Hmmm, what's this? Worth a try." syndrome.
    •   

4. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

does saw palmetto block dht?

i did a couple searches on this and on most websites i dont see anything that says it doesnt.

a friend of mine told me the saw palmetto blocks dht.

SO DOES ANYONE KNOW IF ITS A MAYBE , A 100% YES OR A 100% NO?

My Inutution tells me that if you just take it and give it a try youll know if is helping blck dht or not or maybe some.
  5. Board Supporter

I am sure this is probably already in the thread but I thought I would mention it. I was reading on hair loss post cycle and ended up getting info on how women lose their hair after pregnancy.

To the best of my understanding this is temporary and reversible, a condition called tellogen effluvium. It seems almost identical to what happens to androgen using during and post cycle. Therefore I am hoping that if I stay off long enough, a certain amount of regrowth will occur similar to what happens with tellogen effluvium.

Apparently the condition can be caused by anything traumatic it seems. That would explain why I lost so much dieting (having never taken steroids at the time) once or twice. Just not enough nutrients overall.

The same treatments are sometimes recommended for men and women, though they seem to be less successful in women. minoxidil, fina, avodart etc.
  6. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal
    I am sure this is probably already in the thread but I thought I would mention it. I was reading on hair loss post cycle and ended up getting info on how women lose their hair after pregnancy.

To the best of my understanding this is temporary and reversible, a condition called tellogen effluvium. It seems almost identical to what happens to androgen using during and post cycle. Therefore I am hoping that if I stay off long enough, a certain amount of regrowth will occur similar to what happens with tellogen effluvium.

Apparently the condition can be caused by anything traumatic it seems. That would explain why I lost so much dieting (having never taken steroids at the time) once or twice. Just not enough nutrients overall.

The same treatments are sometimes recommended for men and women, though they seem to be less successful in women. minoxidil, fina, avodart etc.
    Yeah, that does ring a bell. I think that it means that it is when you lose the hair, but the root is still present?? Not sure...

I'll also be taking some major time off from AAS use, so we can be each other's self-help group..lol.
  7. Senior Member

Just a little update for anybody that cares...

A little over 2 weeks now w/o V12 and my face/back/neck, etc. are virtually spotless now. So I'm 99.9% sure that it was the v12 that was causing my horrible cystic breakouts.

I'm actually kinda dissapointed though, because as said earlier, v12 worked so well for me...I've tried other volumizers in the past that contained no arginine and I didn't seem to respond too well to them...guess this is why.

This also kinda changes everything now in regards to cycling androgens. Now that I think about it, the times that I broke out real bad during PCT, I was always using the v12 along with nolva ,etc...so I always just attributed my horrible acne to my hormone levels being out of whack...well, now I see that there was a sort of synergistic effect and the v12 just made it ten times worse...at least now I can have some comfort in knowing that when I decide to start cycling again, there is a good chance that I can run PCT w/o major concern of having a pizza face again...lol.

Man, if I only would've known this 10 cycles ago...I could've bypassed all this public humiliation I encounter when I'm out with my friends and feeling embarrased from the friggin boils on my body.

well, on to bigger and better things now. thx everyone for your help.
  8. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by rrgg
    I'm not sure why this is in a hairloss thread, but I can't see why V12 would be the culprit unless you have simply have an allergy to the ingredients.
    If you would spend the time and read the thread in it's entirety, I thought that the minox/aa was causing me breakouts. Along with that there were other concerns as to if I were to stop the minox/aa and different outcomes that could/would happen.

About the V12, again, if you would go back and read, the arginine in the V12 is/has been known to cause many guys to breakout....and this seems to also be the case with myself.
  9. Senior Member

I have been reading the thread.

Obviously I forgot some of it. Sorry.
  10. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Hello folks!

Some of you may recognize my screen name from other bodybuilding forums; I have to admit the only reason I joined this site is because of this EXCELLENT thread.

Anyhow...

I am 28 years old, have some hair loss at the temples with thinning going a little furthur in, and just the beginning of some thinning on the crown area.

Just wanted to let you know that it appears my regimen is working, thanks to what I read here! Living on an Army budget, I am kind of short on cash so I took a relatively cheap route. I have been using minoxidil 5% and azelaic acid 5% three times a day, and alway shampooing with OTC Nizoral, for eleven weeks now. At first I had tons of shedding and dandruff, but in the last month or so that has basically disappeared.

Well, here is my success story...my girlfriend does not know I am paranoid about hair loss, but when I was cuddling with her this afternoon, she suddenly started asking weird questions about my hair, products I use, etc (the Nizoral is hidden in my toiletries bag, the only thing in the shower is a bottle of Suave I don't even use anymore). When I asked what she meant, she said that she just noticed the hair on my temples is growing back in, and she had only noticed it going away in the past! I pretended to be surprised and amazed, but man, did that comment feel good! Looking in the mirror may give me wishful thinking, heck I think it started to grow back a few weeks ago, but that perception could have just been my imagination. Now that someone else, someone who knows me well, has noticed the hair growing back, the feeling is great!!!

So a big "thank you" to all of you on the forum who have shared advice and success stories...add me to the list!!!
  11. Elite Member

That's awesome!!! Congrats bro - seeing your hair start growing back after thinking you were doomed to baldness is definitely a great thing.

And welcome to AM!

BV
  12. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

My pleasure...and I will continue to post updates as things progress. Thinking of telling the GF about it, just so she can keep an eye on my progress as well...

BTW nice signature...I grew up with the guys in Killswitch Engage and Shadows Fall, in fact I did 9 days of touring with them last month, including Ozzfest in Pennsylvania. Had a blast...never really knew how big either band was until I saw them play outside the Boston area...then again I can say the same for bands I've been in...
  13. Elite Member

Another metal head?! Nice!

You have to check out the AM.com ongoing metal thread

The New Wave of American Metal

I was wondering when someone would notice the old Soilwork logo...cool **** you know the KSW and SF guys!!

BV
  14. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.

This is a fantastic thread!! Have any of you experienced or heard of much success with regrowth of receding hariline wiht this protocol? Most of what I read for example on Rogaine is relevant to its ability to regrow hair in the crown area not the front. I would love to regrow frntal hair for usre...I have a very very tiny strip left thats keeping me from getting out a razor and throwing in the towel lol.
  15. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.

OK, so a 2 month supply. But my real question is whether it is truly legal to possess for those 2 months without a prescription. I think your answer is "yes." I've read conflicting answers to this.
    Not to stray far off topic but this is a very misunderstood law. This law provides for the abilty to import the personal use amount (generalyl two months worth I think ) of drugs that HAVE NO FDA APPROVED EQUIVALENT. This would not qualify a finasteride. this is the same legal mistake people make when they think its ok to order HGH from china. Often if the law felt like pursuing the penalties and can be as stiff or stiffer than class iii substance possession. Its considred a felong offense of importation of a dangerous drug,
  16. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by jcam222
    This is a fantastic thread!! Have any of you experienced or heard of much success with regrowth of receding hariline wiht this protocol? Most of what I read for example on Rogaine is relevant to its ability to regrow hair in the crown area not the front. I would love to regrow frntal hair for usre...I have a very very tiny strip left thats keeping me from getting out a razor and throwing in the towel lol.
    hey jcam, I've been using the minox/aa combo for a little over 3 months now, and after the initial shedding (it was actually kinda bad at first) I am already growing new hair on my temples. I am also trying to regrow a *tiny* bit in the front, it's not even noticeable, but I have an adonis complex like most BB'ers and notice it...lol. Well, so far no luck there, but I will keep you updated on it. But as far as the temples, it's really starting to pop out new hairs there now....and since atm I sport a bald fade on the sides and back of my head and very short on the top, I can tell really well now. with all of the protein I eat, my hair in general grows really fast and I usually gotta get it cut every two weeks or so.....and each time I get it cut, I notice more new hairs coming in...so I'd say give it a shot...with the prices as low as they are on this stuff...you really have nothing to lose bro...good luck.
  17. Elite Member

Finasteride is actually supposed to be effective for encouraging hair regrowth at the front of the head. However, I would try all available topical options before utilizing an oral solution.

Minoxidil.com carries a 15% minoxidil/ 5% azelaic acid solution that should be quite effective at regrowing frontal hair. Its a bit pricey at $88.00, but one bottle last for 4 months.

Ive got a spot on the front of my head that seems stubborn to respond to the hair regrowth treatments, and Ill be ordering the 15% solution this week. Ill keep this thread posted with the results.

BV
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.

I have had hairloss for about 15 yrs, and I have tried most of the things out there. The "only" combo that regrew most of my hair was fina/minox/ Flutamide. It grew almost all my hair back but the sides where horriable. Gyno and major loss of labido where two the biggest, noticable sides.
    The second "best" is minox/ Avodart. Proscar did little for me; so I bumped it to Avodart when it came out.
  19. Senior Member

Lcsulla, When you say Proscar, do you mean you were using a 5mg dose of finasteride?
  20. Elite Member

I have had hairloss for about 15 yrs, and I have tried most of the things out there. The "only" combo that regrew most of my hair was fina/minox/ Flutamide. It grew almost all my hair back but the sides where horriable. Gyno and major loss of labido where two the biggest, noticable sides.
    The second "best" is minox/ Avodart. Proscar did little for me; so I bumped it to Avodart when it came out.
    Just minox/azelaic acid has been quite effective for me. I usually use the Xandrox brand but in the interest of saving money I went with WWHP's solution. Two months later and my hair is noticeably thinner than before.

Either their solution is ineffective for me, or its very potent and caused some increased temporary shedding.

The next step will be 1.25mg/day of Finasteride combined with Minox/AA. I dont know if Ill need it though - I have a full head of hair but I can tell its a bit thinner at the vertex and the front of the head.

If the above combo didnt work, then I'd keep my hair as long as I could and then shave my head when it got too noticeable. I really want to keep my hair, but its in no way worth feminizing side effects.

BV
  21. Senior Member

I usually use the Xandrox brand but in the interest of saving money I went with WWHP's solution. Two months later and my hair is noticeably thinner than before.

Either their solution is ineffective for me, or its very potent and caused some increased temporary shedding.
    Hmm...that's odd, because I've been using WHPs minox/aa 5% combo since I've started...think I've used 3 bottles of their's so far and it seems to be working great for myself. I also exp massive shedding at first, but has since stopped and am getting regrowth again as said above....maybe it IS a bit stronger?
  22. Elite Member

It definitely could be - you can tell the WHP solution has a strong IPA content which could definitely result in increased absorption. If that's the case, then that's great because its really inexpensive.

I just bit the bullet and spent $134 on the 120ml 15% minoxidil/5% AA solution, 65ml of Xandrox 'nighttime' (5% minox/ 5% AA / 2% Retin-A), and another bottle of regrowth treathment shampoo. That will last 4 months though - so that's not too bad I guess. Just sucks - that was my Activate/Rebound XT money

If the WHP stuff is infact stronger, than on the new regimen my hair growth should explode like a chia pet

BV
  23. Senior Member

haha, good luck with it bro....and make sure to update us on the stronger minox.
  24. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.

Lcsulla, When you say Proscar, do you mean you were using a 5mg dose of finasteride?
    No i broke the tabs in half to save money. But I think that the level of supression is the same with 2.5 and 5mgs of Proscar.
  25. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.

It definitely could be - you can tell the WHP solution has a strong IPA content which could definitely result in increased absorption. If that's the case, then that's great because its really inexpensive.

I just bit the bullet and spent $134 on the 120ml 15% minoxidil/5% AA solution, 65ml of Xandrox 'nighttime' (5% minox/ 5% AA / 2% Retin-A), and another bottle of regrowth treathment shampoo. That will last 4 months though - so that's not too bad I guess. Just sucks - that was my Activate/Rebound XT money

If the WHP stuff is infact stronger, than on the new regimen my hair growth should explode like a chia pet

BV

Don't be disappointed with the results BV. I used 15% when it came out and it didn't do anything more then 5%. Dr. Lee doesn't say it but the scalp will only absorb so much. For example with 5% the amount absorbed is like 1.5% of minox gets into the scalp. That leaves 3.5 that did get absorbed.
  26. Elite Member

Don't be disappointed with the results BV. I used 15% when it came out and it didn't do anything more then 5%. Dr. Lee doesn't say it but the scalp will only absorb so much. For example with 5% the amount absorbed is like 1.5% of minox gets into the scalp. That leaves 3.5 that did get absorbed.
    Thanks for the word of caution LcSculla. Its not too much of a cost difference to use the 15% vs the 5% for the same amount of time, so I figured it was worth a shot. I seem to respond well to minoxidil - so we'll see if that extra percentage makes a difference.

One thing to try would be to formulate some 'empty' solution (which would be as easy as mixing IPA and propylene glycol) and put it in a dabber bottle. If you could hit your scalp with this, say 2 times after your daytime application you'd end up abosorbing quite a bit more minoxidil that was left on your scalp.

Ive been alternating between Dr.Lee's Xandrox line and less expensive options from Custom and WHP every few months to save cash. I have to admit, I always notice better results with the pricer Xandrox stuff. My problem with it is its a LOT pricer, like on the order of 2 or 3 times the amount.

Im about to source my own bulk powders and make the stuff myself. Either that or save up and get the laser comb:P

BV
    Last edited by BigVrunga; 08-29-2005 at 05:05 PM.
  27. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by LCSULLA
    No i broke the tabs in half to save money. But I think that the level of supression is the same with 2.5 and 5mgs of Proscar.
    I asked because you wrote "major loss of libido." That side effect was reported a lot more above the 1mg dose.
  28. Elite Member

You know now that I think about it - the increased shedding started about 2 weeks after I started using the WHP products. If I wasnt getting enough minoxidil - it should have taken about 2-3 months to start losing hair. However, an increase in the amount of minox getting into my scalp would cause hairs that were already in the telogen phase to fall out much quicker.

Hmmmm....

BV
  29. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.

I asked because you wrote "major loss of libido." That side effect was reported a lot more above the 1mg dose.
    Not for me. The loss came from Flutamide. It's a anti-androgen that you take orally.
  30. Senior Member

Oh sorry. I misunderstood.
  31. Registered User

I have started using Xandrox 5, a laser comb and Nano shampoo/conditioner about 2 weeks ago and have seen great improvements. My shedding completely stopped and my hair has thickened a great deal. I can hardly notice the thinning any longer.

The laser comb I purchased was a cheaper version. It has the same exact lasers but is made by a guy that has a home business of sorts. It's definitely not as ergonomic as the more expensive ones but you won't hear me complaining about spending $100 instead of $600. It works just fine.

Obviously since I'm using more than one therapy I cannot tell you which is doing what amount of good. I can attest to one or both of the drugs in my Max/Superdrol stack making me shed like crazy. Maybe the end of the cycle and getting it out of my bloodstream is the culprit for seeing new hair growth and thickness but I'm guessing that the majority of improvements are due to my therapy.
  32. Registered User

Shock, does the guy who makes the laser comb have any sort of website or contact info available?
  33. Senior Member

Wow, in 2 weeks?
  34. Elite Member

The laser comb I purchased was a cheaper version. It has the same exact lasers but is made by a guy that has a home business of sorts. It's definitely not as ergonomic as the more expensive ones but you won't hear me complaining about spending $100 instead of $600. It works just fine.
    BRO! Where did you find a laser comb for $100?? At that price I'd definitely try it out!

Please post a link a drop me a PM!!

BV
  35. Elite Member

Ah, was this the place?

http://www.amazinglasercomb.com/
  36. New Member

Ah, was this the place?

I came across this thread the other day..it`s pretty long, but near the last page or so there are links to buy the stuff you need.

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/m...E=&STARTPAGE=1
  37. Elite Member

NICE. Great info in there. Thanks man!
  38. Registered User

Ah, was this the place?

It is that place. I assumed you already knew about it.
  39. Elite Member

It is that place. I assumed you already knew about it.
    Hadn't really looked too deep into laser therapy, as minox/aa has been working pretty well for me. But now that I can build my own for less than 1/10th the cost of the HairMax model - it can't hurt to give it a try...

BV
  40. Registered User

Hadn't really looked too deep into laser therapy, as minox/aa has been working pretty well for me. But now that I can build my own for less than 1/10th the cost of the HairMax model - it can't hurt to give it a try...

BV
    Exactly my thinking.

Similar Forum Threads

1. hair loss prevention
    By BOVEY in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 09-14-2007, 10:46 PM
  2. Hair Loss Prevention?
    By BigVrunga in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-12-2006, 06:45 PM
  3. hair loss prevention while on test enth?
    By gator0090 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-23-2005, 02:54 PM
  4. MDHT and hair loss prevention?
    By z28man in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-11-2004, 11:52 AM