Hair Loss Prevention

Page 3 of 56 First 123458 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.85%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by fjc5006
    I'd also like to know what the definition of severe hair loss is. So far I think I've been losing hair for the past 8 months, although I did not realize it til now but I have been noticing in pictures taken earlier in the fall semester. I shed thin hairs on my pillow and a lot of thicker ones come out in the shower. However, in 8 months it has not yet become noticeable. Would that be classified moderate or severe?
    I don't know about the classification, but you are only 19 and already losing it (I was only 21), so it seems logical that you would be a candidate for severe loss. The good news is that you noticed it and are here doing research. If you take preventitive measures and remain meticulous you should be able to salvage all, or at least most of your hair. Prevention is a hell of a lot more effective than regrowth.

2. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.17%

Also, Finasteride should never be used with Deca-Durabolin. It can actually promote hair loss in this situation.
    Really? I've never heard this before. Any idea why this would be true?
  3. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.85%

I couldn't possibly explain the science behind it, but it has to do with the interaction between Deca/Nordiol and finasteride. Search around for it, or you might want to consult the good Dr.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.35%

I recall that deca uses 5AR to convert to a weaker androgen(dhn). When finasteride blocks the 5AR, deca remains a stronger androgen, thus promotes hair loss to a greater extent than it normally would. By the way. I started a post in custom's section (called concentration) to see if he would make a more concentrated version of his minoxidil (10-15%), so please bump it if you are interested. Cant beat his prices.
  5. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.17%

Quote Originally Posted by tarbaby2000
    I recall that deca uses 5AR to convert to a weaker androgen(dhn). When finasteride blocks the 5AR, deca remains a stronger androgen, thus promotes hair loss to a greater extent than it normally would. By the way. I started a post in custom's section (called concentration) to see if he would make a more concentrated version of his minoxidil (10-15%), so please bump it if you are interested. Cant beat his prices.
    Thanks for the information. That's certainly good to know, especially considering I was considering using Deca in my next cycle. Guess I'll pass on that now...
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.83%

I just ordered proscar in its 5 mg per pill form and was wondering if I should take each pill individually or cut them up into fifth's?
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.35%

I just cut them into thirds or half. They are small and hard to accurately cut into fifths, but if you prefer, thats okay.
  8. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.07%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Are you saying you can buy finapecia in the US?
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.35%

I get from inhousepharmacy. It is overseas, but safe and get here in 7 days everytime i've ordered.
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.96%

Quote Originally Posted by tarbaby2000
    I just cut them into thirds or half. They are small and hard to accurately cut into fifths, but if you prefer, thats okay.
    I'd just get a pillcutter. You can find them at most drugstores (e.g. Walgreens, Safeco, Revco, CVS, etc...). I got mine for like 4 or 5 bucks. It's maybe the length of your pointerfinger. Makes cutting them into fourths or fifths pretty easy.
  11. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.07%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Maybe this doesn't belong in this forum...

Are you allowed to legally possess a 90-day supply of that imported drug without a prescription? I don't fully understand the law about "personal use" imports. Thanks.
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.96%

Quote Originally Posted by rrgg
    Maybe this doesn't belong in this forum...

Are you allowed to legally possess a 90-day supply of that imported drug without a prescription? I don't fully understand the law about "personal use" imports. Thanks.
    I think the rule allows for a 2-month supply. With Proscar, translates into an 8 or 10 month supply, depending upon how you cut the pills.
  13. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.07%
    Achievements Posting Pro

OK, so a 2 month supply. But my real question is whether it is truly legal to possess for those 2 months without a prescription. I think your answer is "yes." I've read conflicting answers to this.
  14. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.17%

BigVrunga, you said that custom's 5% spiro produces an odor. I have Dr. Lee's 2% solution and it also produces an odor. What 2% spiro do you use that doesn't smell bad?
  15. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.83%

When you guys starting balding about how many hairs would you say you shed daily?

Also, I just purchased a bottle of Shen Min, which contains Saw Palmetto Extracts, and I was wondering how effective it is in comparison to Finasteride. I would like to use the topical treatment and the saw palmetto first because my dad told me he has read many medical journals that Propecia has caused some liver and kidney problems in patients. (He got his M.D. in internal medicine.) However if the Saw Palmetto does not work well I will probably take finasteride instead regardless of the side effects.
  16. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.85%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

bro if your shedding dont count hairs; do something about it.

i have also heard saw palmetto is good for hairloss
  17. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.17%

I noticed problems when I started shedding probably around 50-100+ hairs. But remember, the balding process is when your hairs don't grow back after they or shed or they come back weaker/thinner. Lots of people shed hairs (ever see a woman's brush) but that doesn't necessairily mean you're going bald.

I don't think you can compare Saw P / Shen Min to something like Finasteride. I haven't heard many people have success on Saw P and I'm a regular on a few hairloss forums (hairlosshelp is a good one). I never heard that propecia has caused liver&kidney problems...then again I'm not an MD. I'd say that for most people, Propecia is probably the best and most convenient treatment for hairloss. You could also look into topical DHT inhibitors like Spiro (my 2% ends up smelling bad), fluridil (pretty much unproven), or azelic acid (sp?...not really meant to be a stand-alone treatment).

The guy who started this thread pretty much knows what he's talking about so heed his advice.

Quote Originally Posted by fjc5006
    When you guys starting balding about how many hairs would you say you shed daily?

Also, I just purchased a bottle of Shen Min, which contains Saw Palmetto Extracts, and I was wondering how effective it is in comparison to Finasteride. I would like to use the topical treatment and the saw palmetto first because my dad told me he has read many medical journals that Propecia has caused some liver and kidney problems in patients. (He got his M.D. in internal medicine.) However if the Saw Palmetto does not work well I will probably take finasteride instead regardless of the side effects.
  18. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.67%

as far as i know spiro stinks bc its unstable in solution (fresh solutions dont smell) - maybe its better to obtain the tabs (aldactone) and prepare each day a fresh solution?
  19. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.69%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

BigVrunga, you said that custom's 5% spiro produces an odor. I have Dr. Lee's 2% solution and it also produces an odor. What 2% spiro do you use that doesn't smell bad?
    I never noticed an unpleasant odor from Dr.Lee's 2% spiro solution. I might have smelled a little 'off' - kind of a rubber-tire like smell (my girlfriend hates it!), but never a nasty egg smell like some solutions.

Anyway, we're all in luck. Dr.Lee has developed a new 'odor free' spiro lotion. Check out this interview with him on Hairlosstalk.com:

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/newsletter/article157.htm

Read through it, its pretty informative.

BigVrunga
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.33%

fluridil (pretty much unproven),
    There was an American study done on fluridil. How respectable it is i don't know. But I have seen quite a few people use fluridil to stop their shedding. For most people (if it does work) it won't regrow hair to a great degree, just slow down or stop your loss.
  21. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.69%

Same applies with all topical DHT/Androgen blockers - they'll stop the shedding but wont contribute to regrowth. AFIK, Minoxidil is the only compound that has a proven positive effect on hair regrowth.
  22. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.54%

For all you guys with thick hair runnign the prevention loss stack, how do you apply the solutions? Seems like i would need many many ml to cover what i need to because it all gets caught in my hair! What do you guys do? How do you apply this stuff?
  23. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.69%

if you used minoxidil to regrow the hair, could you maintain it with a hair loss prevention treatment like spiro and nizoral shampoo? Or would you need to keep using the minox to keep the hair?
    Read through the first post in this thread bro...

For all you guys with thick hair runnign the prevention loss stack, how do you apply the solutions? Seems like i would need many many ml to cover what i need to because it all gets caught in my hair! What do you guys do? How do you apply this stuff?
    You've got to part your hair in about 6-7 places and apply it with an eye dropper right to the scalp. Then message it into your skin. You'll still get some in your hair, but that's inevetible.
  24. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.54%

Thanks bro...today I just used a pin and drew up a ml of the solution then took off the needle and squrited it on my scalp in like 20 different spots....my hair feels stronger already....
  25. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.85%

where is the best place to buy Dr.Lee's 'Regrowth Treatment Shampoo' ?
  26. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.17%
  27. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.89%

Great thread...have a few questions though....basically just want some opinions...and yes, I read the whole thread...lol.

So basically I use AAS and I have a problem with the hair thinning above my temples. Everywhere else on my head is fine. So, I'm gonna buy some minox 5%/AA 5% combo and apply that twice/day. I will be off adrogens for at least 7-8 months....maybe even longer. Anyways, will minox 5% be able to regrow hair in the temples? I heard before that it can only cause regrowth in the crwon...is this true?? Has anybody had success regrowing in the temples w/ minox 5%??

second question is for you guys that've used minox5%....how long did you notice the shedding take place? How long did it take to start regrowing your hair + the hair that you just lost due to the minox?? How bad was it?? Thx for any help here...
  28. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.54%

Lifted, its your best bet for sure.....
  29. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.17%

lifted, minox should help at least a little bit on your temples. It usually takes 2-4 months to see regrowth. Any shedding you get from it shouldn't be too bad if you even shed at all (I never did).

One thing to be careful of...some people, who start using minoxoxil and use it for a long time, will lose alot of hair whenever they go off minoxidil (espeically people who use it all over their head). So some people (me included) see minoxidil as a "lifetime treatment". Also, even if you regrow your temples, if you stop minoxidil you will probably lose your temples again.
  30. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.89%

okay, that's what I wanted to hear fellas...thx a million.
  31. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.69%

Yeah that's pretty much a given - if you start using minoxidil dont plan on comming off. It's a lifetime treatment. Realisticaly, you could probably stop using it for a month or so but you'll notice the hair you regrew start to shed and not comeback after a while.

Give the 5% minox a try for the temples, if after 6 months you dont see an improvement, I'd try the 12% cream. Most people that dont respond to the 5% respond well to stronger concentrated solutions. Ive found the temples to be a stubborn area...Ill be giving the 12% a go next month.

BV
  32. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.89%

thx for the tip BV. btw, does Dr. Lee still have you pay for the first initial consultation? Anybody use them recently??

I gotta say, this stuff is so cheap at custom's and other places, I don't see a reason why you shouldn't use this stuff...Dr. Lee's can be a bit more, but IMO it's still not too much if the products work for ya...
  33. Club Myth CEO
    Stats
    5'9"  226 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.94%

I have an important Q:

For the topical spiro and Azelaic Acid, do you have to leave it in your hair all day or can you just leave it in for 10 minutes? Also, which one should I use first before I put on the other?
  34. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.17%

You should leave it in all day (or at least several hours). I would use AA first especially if you're using spiro cream. If you're using spriro liquid and AA liquid, I still think you should use AA first but I'm not positive.

Dr. Lee still charges for the initial consultation.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMyth
    I have an important Q:

For the topical spiro and Azelaic Acid, do you have to leave it in your hair all day or can you just leave it in for 10 minutes? Also, which one should I use first before I put on the other?
  35. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.17%

Quote Originally Posted by lifted
    btw, does Dr. Lee still have you pay for the first initial consultation? Anybody use them recently??
    I just used Dr. Lee. I sent in my consulatation form and was cleared to order within a week. You'll be billed something like $20 for the consulation on your first order.

And yes, Dr. Lee's products are a little pricey but you really won't find them anywhere else.
  36. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.69%

Well, my opinion of Dr.Lee is that he definitely has the best quality products, but you pay a premium for them. I used Custom's products for a couple months, and while they work fine and he's awesome for offering them at such a great price - when I swithced back to the Xandrox line I noticed a difference. Especially in ease of application...the Xandrox stuff also makes my hair look fuller rather than greasy, and I *never* get dandruff like I do on other products.

Even if you're going to go with Custom's products, if you're doing this to fight genetic MPB than I highly recommend being able to order from Minoxidil.com. You should try both and see which ones you like better.

For me, they are worth the extra cost. Although I alternate between Custom and Dr.Lee just to save a little cash.

BV
  37. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.89%

I ordered from WSHP. THey have the mino 5%/AA 5% in a combo together and it comes in a little spray bottle. Maybe I'll use custom or Dr. Lee next time...
  38. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.92%

Has anyone ordered from www.hair2go.com?

This is what i'm looking to buy

1. %2 Nizoral Shampoo
    2. %5 Minoxidil
    3. AvodartĀ® (Dutasteride 0.5mg)
    4. Propecia (Finasteride)

You guys think this will hinder muscle growth? Also if that link is not reliable can you guys give me links to where i can buy this stuff? thanks
  39. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.69%

Hey Changing - thanks for the link that site has some interesting products. Their prices seem on the high side though. Read through the first page in this thread, should answer your questions regarding oral androgen blockers.

BigV
  40. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.85%

changing-
    check out the hair products at:

http://www.customnutritionwarehouse.com/

They are a board sponser.

Similar Forum Threads

1. hair loss prevention
    By BOVEY in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 09-14-2007, 11:46 PM
  2. Hair Loss Prevention?
    By BigVrunga in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-12-2006, 07:45 PM
  3. hair loss prevention while on test enth?
    By gator0090 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-23-2005, 03:54 PM
  4. MDHT and hair loss prevention?
    By z28man in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-11-2004, 12:52 PM