Hair Loss Prevention

Page 2 of 74 First 1234 ... Last

1. there was a thread a while back that nizoral 1 % is as good as 2%.

i would like to be safe,anyone know a website where i can buy 2 %/

also is spiro taken orally or is it rubbed on hair?

2. Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea
    there was a thread a while back that nizoral 1 % was as good as 2%.

i would like to be safe,anyone know a website where i can buy 2 %/

also is spiro taken orally or is it rubbed on hair?
    www.nizoral2percent.com

Spiro is applied topically.
    •   

3. [QUOTE=BigVrunga]
    Keep an eye on Fluridil, its supposed to be more effective than Spiro, with a longer half-life. I dont think its available yet, however.
    You can get it from overseas. And it should be no problem importing because it is considered a "cosmetic" in the EU. I know a couple site that sell it. I'll post the links if people want me to?

That's another point to consider - these hairloss treatments work to varying degrees of efficacy with those who try them. The AA/Minox combo seems to be working wonders for me, and yet LCSULLA didnt find AA all that helpful. Another reason to try the 'kitchen sink' approach. One product might work better for you than others, they may have varying degrees of synergy when working together, etc.

If your losing your hair, and you want to save it, or if you're going on a cycle and you're worrying about losing it, dont cut corners. After you've seen some regrowth, you can always drop a product here or there and see if the positive effects slow down, etc. At the very least, I would always continue using minoxidil if you are currently losing hair.
    I agree with BV on this approach while on gear. Normally I use Avodart x 1 and 5% minox x2 and this works well. But if I was using, let's say Tren, test and dbol, then I would be using Avodart, 5% Xondax (sp?), Fluridil, and 2% Nizoral. Also keep in mind that if you jump up minox % then there will be a shedding phase. So if you use 5% on a everyday basis, then jump to 12.5 (or even 15%) while using gear, there will be a 3-6 month period where you shed. Thsi is just something I think people should keep in mind.

4. You can get it from overseas. And it should be no problem importing because it is considered a "cosmetic" in the EU. I know a couple site that sell it. I'll post the links if people want me to?
    Please do!

5. Quote Originally Posted by BigVrunga
    Please do!
    www.menspharma.com
    www.vitaminox.com

I know these two sell it. I have heard that menspharma is pretty reliable. The second, Viaminox is a German site. But I think it delivers to the US and the page is in english

6. I wonder how effective it is compared to spiro - its nearly 3x as much. Great info though, Ill definately keep up on it. Thanks bro.

BV

7. Quote Originally Posted by BigVrunga
    I wonder how effective it is compared to spiro - its nearly 3x as much. Great info though, Ill definately keep up on it. Thanks bro.

BV
    I am going to run it with a cycle in the next few months, so I will keep you updated.

8. Quote Originally Posted by BigVrunga
    I wonder how effective it is compared to spiro - its nearly 3x as much. Great info though, Ill definately keep up on it. Thanks bro.

BV
    Don't forget, those prices were in pounds, not $$$$. The $ is extremely weak right now, to the point that people fly from Paris and London just to go shopping.

9. I think its Euros, thought it was pounds too but when you click the Paypal like the currency is in Euros.

10. Quote Originally Posted by BigVrunga
    I think its Euros, thought it was pounds too but when you click the Paypal like the currency is in Euros.
    Even still, the $ is weak-as-hell compared to the Euro. The Euro was initially tied to the $, but it has gotten stronger as the $ has gotten weaker.
    •   

11. where would be a good place to get fasteride, ive seen it at IBE but I don't know if it's topical or oral. Any help?

12. Quote Originally Posted by ericnb_98
    where would be a good place to get fasteride, ive seen it at IBE but I don't know if it's topical or oral. Any help?
    It's an oral. Topical is is not that effective.

13. Very informative to those who have yet to research. I see a lot of questions about various products on multiple boards.

For those that are wondering about finasteride. I bought 5mg Fincar (generic 5mg finasteride aka proscar) from Inhousepharmacy. I cut them into 1-1.25 sections with a pill cutter. This is a very cheap way to take finasteride.

I was very worried about gains, estrogenic sides and so on when I first started. I've been on it about 2 years now and I have had no negative sides. My sex drive is completely the same (although i am 22) and I havent noticed any decrease in gains. I ran a cycle, gained well and came off. After i was fully recovered I proceeded to gain another 5-6lb all natural muscle in my off time. I dont feel that it has hurt my gains in any way. DHT is somewhat of a natural anti-estrogen within the body. Worst case scenerio you might be more likely to put on fat since you have less DHT and slightly more estrogen. This has not happened in my case though. Im just saying it could be possible. Instances of estrogen induced gyno are very rare on finasteride. Everyone is different though. If running a heavy Test cycle its possible that on finasteride you could have higher estrogen. You could use arimidex in this case. I havent had any problems myself though.

Nothing will grow hair back well. Your best bet is to take a PROACTIVE approach and PROTECT the hair that you do have. In my case I feel that finasteride has protected my hair and reduced loss. I think I will have 3-4 years more time before people will notice its obviously thinning. Thats more than I would have had on nothing. Eventually you will always lose the battle though.

I might add that Ive been using Topicals the whole time too. Regrowth's (Dr. Lee's) Xandrox is a very good Minox AAcid blend. This is anti-dht AT THE SCALP + regrowth. I have also purchased products from Wholesalehaircare due to the better prices. I always questioned quality and formulation though. Im hoping someone reputable will produce and EXACT clone of Xandrox or his Spiro cream and sell it. They can jack up the price and STILL undercut Dr. Lee by a ton. This is a large market and very few places to get the stuff.
    That which does not kill us makes us stronger - Friedrich Nietzsche

14. Nothing will grow hair back well. Your best bet is to take a PROACTIVE approach and PROTECT the hair that you do have. In my case I feel that finasteride has protected my hair and reduced loss. I think I will have 3-4 years more time before people will notice its obviously thinning. Thats more than I would have had on nothing. Eventually you will always lose the battle though.
    Good info on Finasteride. Ive never used it, Im saving it for the day that I may actually need it, as the topicals are working more than well enough for the time being.

You're spot-on about preventative maitenence. If someone who was sure they were going to suffer hair loss started using these products in their early 20's (as you are), they may never go through it. Everyone is differnet, but studies show that 80% of users see varying degrees of positive results from the AA/Minox/Spiro/Nizoral combo. That's a pretty good number. However, it still sucks for the other 20%.

In my case, my hair was obviously thinning, but the topicals did regrow a fair amount of hair and it continues to improve. With contined use, I hope I don't eventually lose the battle. If anything, I hope I keep my hair long enough for medical science to improve to the point where there is actually a cure for MPB and not just a treatment.

And if it dosent, then its a good thing I work out because Ill look better with a shaved head!

BV

15. People keep saying that you'll eventually lose the battle to MPB.

I don't know. I've been on finasteride/minox for 6.5 years and have a full head of hair after starting when the crown of my head was beginning to thin.

A buddy of mine has been at it for longer than I have, and he's got a full head of hair.

I'm just not convinced that hairloss isn't something that can be avoided.

ALSO: A really good site to get Proscar is at qhi.co.uk. No script needed, and about 5 months worth for $50 or so.

16. Thanks for the link mtruther. I agree that it is possible to avoid hairloss if one is responsive to the treatments. For some guys, it might just slow down the ineveitable however.

17. One problem I have with all the topicals is they all seem to give me dandruff after they dry. Currently I'm only using minox 5% but I noticed the same thing when using spiro and AA. Is there any way to prevent the dandruff? Currently I'm using finasteride 1.25 mg ED, nizoral 2% EOD, and minox 5% 2x ED.

18. Is there any way to prevent the dandruff?
    Ive had the same problem, here's the fix: At night, skip an application of the topicals and rub some good moisturizing lotion into your scalp. It'll make your hair all greasy but who cares, you're going to sleep.

When you wake up, dandruff will be gone! It actually might take a couple applications but usually one is good enough for me.

Normal dandruff is caused by the Pityrosporum ovale fungus. If you're using Nizoral, this isnt an issue. Its just dry scalp from the chemicals in the topicals (ethanol, propylene glycol, etc)...skin lotion does the trick.

BV

19. Quote Originally Posted by BigVrunga
    Ive had the same problem, here's the fix: At night, skip an application of the topicals and rub some good moisturizing lotion into your scalp. It'll make your hair all greasy but who cares, you're going to sleep.

When you wake up, dandruff will be gone! It actually might take a couple applications but usually one is good enough for me.

Normal dandruff is caused by the Pityrosporum ovale fungus. If you're using Nizoral, this isnt an issue. Its just dry scalp from the chemicals in the topicals (ethanol, propylene glycol, etc)...skin lotion does the trick.

BV
    I have the same problem. Dr. Lee's minox/AA has a compound in called BV. I rember it made my scalp silky. Great stuff.

20. Right from Dr.Lee's site:

Betamethasone valerate: Betamethasone valerate is a topical corticosteriod approved
    by the United Stated Food and Drug Administration for treatment of various skin
    disorders. It can be used in very low concentrations to reduce any inflammation
    caused by propylene glycol or alcohol in the minoxidil formulation. Betamethasone
    valerate has been in use in Western medicine for many decades and is very safe in
    the low concentrations (0.025%) used in our special order minoxidil solutions. If
    you don't have any drying or irritation from the propylene glycol or alcohol in
    the minoxidil solutions, you can choose to use our standard minoxidil solutions
    without betamethasone valerate in the base. Betamethasone in the low dosage found
    in our special order solutions is not directly associated to hair growth.

21. My hairline is starting to receade on the sides, the middle of my forehead is holding strong.. What am i better off using to stop the receading? Is proscar something a doctor will proscribe?

D-

22. My hairline is starting to thin and all I'm concerned about is KEEPING WHAT I HAVE. I currently have a full set of hair but I think I might start to thin in other places too, or my hairline will recede rapidly (dad and gramps are both bald as hell). I was wondering if someone could direct me towards a product that will be the most sufficient for what I wanna do.

23. Guys, read the post at the beginning of the thread!

24. Quote Originally Posted by BigVrunga
    Guys, read the post at the beginning of the thread!
    I read it.. I am just trying to decipher if i am better off going with a stack like you posted or trying to get ahold of some proscar..

My hair isnt really thining, i have thick ass hair, just the sides are starting to receade..

Thanks for the help,
    D-

25. Do you have a lot of MPB in your family? I would apply anti-androgens to the top of the head, vertex, as well as the areas where its receeding. Use minoxidil only on the areas that are receeding.

26. Quote Originally Posted by BigVrunga
    Do you have a lot of MPB in your family? I would apply anti-androgens to the top of the head, vertex, as well as the areas where its receeding. Use minoxidil only on the areas that are receeding.
    Cool thanks, i guess i am going to order some spiro, minox, and azleaic from custom...

27. Guys, thanks for the tip on Fluridil. I did some research on it, and it has gotten some pretty positive reviews from hairloss forums. That's good news considering most of the dudes who hang around those sites only do so if they haven't cured their problem.

Anyway, if you do go that route, make sure you apply the Fluridil separate from other compounds and nowhere near when you shower. The molecule is designed to break down easily in the presence of water, which prevents systemic absorption (and the resulting loss of libido). Thus, applying it with a minox solution (where some may contain some H20) would be counterproductive.

I still need to do some looking into its mechanism v. that of spiro, but again, the results from others have been promising.

28. BV...
    Again, great thread bro....sorry if I missed this but mind posting a link to a place someone could pick up some 'Regrowth Treatment' Nizoral? Thanks

O14

29. Quote Originally Posted by imprezivr6
    Cool thanks, i guess i am going to order some spiro, minox, and azleaic from custom...
    NOw is the ideal time to do so. He has a great deal going on.

30. Canada Pharmacy is as good a place as any as I've seen for Nizoral 2%.

I think Dr. Lee sells another version on his site, minoxidil.com.

Wholesale Hairproducts also carries Niz 2% along with minox and sometimes spiro. I've heard their solutions are a little spotty someitmes and fall out of solution, though. Still, it's good to know of other providers.

Another good site (especially for more innovative products) is Lipoxidil.com, though I don't believe they carry Nizoral 2%.

I did a lot of research on hairloss before I began taking androgens because frankly, having been down the road of realizing I was thinning up top and finally getting it to stop (and really regrow back to what I had), I have every intention of avoiding the hairloss thing.

One of the better discussion boards I've found is at hairsite4.com.

Similar Forum Threads

1. hair loss prevention
    By BOVEY in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 09-15-2007, 12:46 AM
  2. Hair Loss Prevention?
    By BigVrunga in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-12-2006, 08:45 PM
  3. hair loss prevention while on test enth?
    By gator0090 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-23-2005, 04:54 PM
  4. MDHT and hair loss prevention?
    By z28man in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-11-2004, 01:52 PM