Does boosting endogenous test in normal ranges have any AB effect

Killler

Killler

Awards
  • Established
Does boosting endogenous test in normal ranges have any effect on muscle mass?

Or at least some body comp effect?

A doc explained to me that normal physiological levels don`t mean anything when it comes to bodybuilding effects.
He said that only when the levels of testosterone are greatly supraphysiological,the test is able to penetrate those "anabolic" receptors in the muscles.

I haven`t seen any change in muscle with natty test boosters,and I have succesfuly boosted test somewhat.

I did get hornier and maybe just a little bit stronger.

But can it have anabolic effect on the muscles,albeit even in the long run?

rayjay

rayjay

Awards
Ok so maybe it won't be crazy awesome results like with bodybuilding doses, but the reason it's easy to build at a young age and harder at an old age is the reduction of testosterone, even within the normal range. So maybe it won't help you build, but it should help you to avoid muscle atrophy and extra body fat that comes as test leves go down...

But that's just my opinion. I don't think you have to be saturated with anabolics for them to do something good for you

Killler

Killler

Awards
  • Established
Hmmm

I had a really tough time building mass when I was young.

As a matter of act,the older and more experienced I get with lifting,it`s easier to put on mass.

Not to mention my test was 300 ng/dl 10 years ago and it`s totally the same now at 29 years old.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No, boosting test within normal ranges will not yield explosive gains and results. Your doctor is right- it is only when testosterone is at a supra physiological dose that these types of effects are seen.

Testosterone at a supra physiological dose does several things.
Increases protein synthesis
Increases igf-1 levels
Increases nutrient partitioning
Burns fat

ironjunkie91

ironjunkie91

Awards
If you go from 300ng/dl up to 1200ng/dl yes it'll increase muscle development and have an AB affect. If you can't make gains at 1200 something else is to blame. Possibly diet or other hormonal issues.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
If you go from 300ng/dl up to 1200ng/dl yes it'll increase muscle development and have an AB affect. If you can't make gains at 1200 something else is to blame. Possibly diet or other hormonal issues.
Just revived a 5 year old thread :lol: