Prohormones, designer steroids and cholesterol

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hello everyone,
I've been wondering about oral OTC steroids' affect to cholesterol levels. Which compounds are worst for cholesterol? How non-methyls affect cholesterol when compared to "mild" methylated compounds like H-Drol and Havoc? Which of nonmethyls are worst to cholesterol levels?

I've became much more concerned about my health than I was before and I've been thinking about doing only "safe" cycles from now on.. And I think cholesterol related side-effects are much worse than for example elevated liver values, because liver recovers quickly.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would like to hear more about this as well so I can make informed choices, as some of the "safer" products have become more effective it would be good to know where we stand on this subject as well.

FL3X MAGNUM

FL3X MAGNUM

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hello everyone,
I've been wondering about oral OTC steroids' affect to cholesterol levels. Which compounds are worst for cholesterol? How non-methyls affect cholesterol when compared to "mild" methylated compounds like H-Drol and Havoc? Which of nonmethyls are worst to cholesterol levels?

I've became much more concerned about my health than I was before and I've been thinking about doing only "safe" cycles from now on.. And I think cholesterol related side-effects are much worse than for example elevated liver values, because liver recovers quickly.
Bulk-Up and P-Bold both contain CP+R technology which contain a load of supports for your body.
There are some other PH's that have some supports too but can't name off the top of my head.
Besides that, you'd just have to make sure you take your supports.

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, I'm not worried about support supplements. I'm interested in actual compounds.

pushinweightw

Awards
  • Established
I have read one user review where 1-DHEA lowered HDL here is the link:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/forerunner-labs/184976-my-alpha-mass.html.

Now let me say the user was taking a very high dose, 12 caps/day, so that surely played into it. Most likely anything dosed high enough will effect cholesterol negatively thats just the way it is in the hormonal game. I personally would be more worried about high blood pressure as kidney damage does not repair it self. Having temporarily elevated LDL and lowered HDL while not healthy is temporary and not the end of the world.

Over all sticking to products like BULK-UP, Alpha mass, 4-AD, P-BOLD, 11-keto, stano will be the "healthiest" option.

pushinweightw

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I'm not worried about support supplements. I'm interested in actual compounds.

4-DHEA IMO will be the least harmful followed by the dht precursors, this is purely my opinion but the more you can stick to hormones that are in the body in appreciable amounts, test and dht, then the sides will be less. This is purely anecdotal but it stands to reason that if your body is used to metabolizing something vs a completely foreign compound the sides stand to be less.

Of course in the end it is the dose that makes the poison.

g0hardorgohom

g0hardorgohom

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have read one user review where 1-DHEA lowered HDL here is the link:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/forerunner-labs/184976-my-alpha-mass.html.

Now let me say the user was taking a very high dose, 12 caps/day, so that surely played into it. Most likely anything dosed high enough will effect cholesterol negatively thats just the way it is in the hormonal game. I personally would be more worried about high blood pressure as kidney damage does not repair it self. Having temporarily elevated LDL and lowered HDL while not healthy is temporary and not the end of the world.

Over all sticking to products like BULK-UP, Alpha mass, 4-AD, P-BOLD, 11-keto, stano will be the "healthiest" option.
Thanks, good info! I always thought that cholesterol issues ("chalk" in veins) are pretty much permanent but apparently it isn't so.. So I think it's just best continue doing what I've done so far, take my support supps, watch BP and stay away from rat poison like SD and M1T! Maybe I'll stay away from other methyls too, after I've used my current stash..

pushinweightw

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, good info! I always thought that cholesterol issues ("chalk" in veins) are pretty much permanent but apparently it isn't so.. So I think it's just best continue doing what I've done so far, take my support supps, watch BP and stay away from rat poison like SD and M1T! Maybe I'll stay away from other methyls too, after I've used my current stash..

Ya as I get older I appreciate the non methyl options such as BULK-UP, Alpha Mass, P-BOLD and 4-AD. When your really young, early 20's, you seem to tolerate the harsh compounds better. I can feel the difference now at 30 vs 21 big time.

pushinweightw

Awards
  • Established
I am getting in 90-100g/day on my first cycle just to be sure. We'll see how much of a difference that makes
What exactly are you looking for such a high level of fiber to do on cycle? I personally feel 90-100g of fiber is excessive.

uvawahoowa

Awards
What exactly are you looking for such a high level of fiber to do on cycle? I personally feel 90-100g of fiber is excessive.
I just eat a lot of fruits, veggies, and fibrous grains. Not anything specific for being on cycle, but I would hope that it would help with lipid and cholesterol numbers...but this may be one of those more isn't better situations