Do aromatase inhibitors negate any positive effects of test???

  1. Advanced Member
    R1187's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  172 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    520
    Rep Power
    33432
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    4.54%

    Do aromatase inhibitors negate any positive effects of test???


    For instance, testosterone levels are known to have effects on libido and sexual endurance, but estrogen levels more than likely come into play as well.

    Would using aromatase inhibitors with testosterone have a negative effect on libido?

  2. Senior Member
    thyrod's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,370
    Rep Power
    74273
    Level
    34
    Lv. Percent
    82.63%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Depends if it drops your estrogen to 0
  3. Senior Member
    gregg1494's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,515
    Rep Power
    103039
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    38.48%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Depends. If estrogen becomes to low there can be negative sides like libido loss or achy joints. The reason we want to use an aromatase inhibitor is because we want to control how much estrogen is made via the aromatase emzyme.
    •   
       

  4. Advanced Member
    R1187's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  172 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    520
    Rep Power
    33432
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    4.54%

    I'm planning an upcoming test cycle at around 400mg/wk.

    I REALLY REALLY want to kick it off with SD and use AIs, but a large part of me is also curious about what test alone will feel like.

    It kinda sucks. Low estrogen and you look all cut up and vascular, but won't do much good if you've got the libido of a neutered dog.
  5. Professional Member
    DangerDave's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,847
    Rep Power
    1049561
    Level
    58
    Lv. Percent
    73.14%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by R1187
    I'm planning an upcoming test cycle at around 400mg/wk.

    I REALLY REALLY want to kick it off with SD and use AIs, but a large part of me is also curious about what test alone will feel like.

    It kinda sucks. Low estrogen and you look all cut up and vascular, but won't do much good if you've got the libido of a neutered dog.
    Do what I did brother. A simple approach is use arimidex at 1mg ed starting 1 WEEK INTO cycle. Then drop your dose to .5mg ed, if your joints hurt go to .5eod and then E3D if you have too.

    Arimidex takes about 4-7 days of 1mg doses to establish solid blood levels then depending on your body .5mg doses to maintain.

    Me personally at 750mg of test it takes 1mg ed for 1 week then I drop to .5 eod. That's depending on what compounds I use with test but generally that is my sweet spot.
    The advice I give is just that... Advice, purely my opinion. Not medical advice
  6. Diamond Member
    jbryand101b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    14,860
    Rep Power
    2755205
    Level
    87
    Lv. Percent
    74.45%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by R1187
    I'm planning an upcoming test cycle at around 400mg/wk.

    I REALLY REALLY want to kick it off with SD and use AIs, but a large part of me is also curious about what test alone will feel like.

    It kinda sucks. Low estrogen and you look all cut up and vascular, but won't do much good if you've got the libido of a neutered dog.
    WORKS fine if your married. Lol.
  7. Senior Member
    gregg1494's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,515
    Rep Power
    103039
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    38.48%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by DangerDave View Post
    Do what I did brother. A simple approach is use arimidex at 1mg ed starting 1 WEEK INTO cycle. Then drop your dose to .5mg ed, if your joints hurt go to .5eod and then E3D if you have too.

    Arimidex takes about 4-7 days of 1mg doses to establish solid blood levels then depending on your body .5mg doses to maintain.

    Me personally at 750mg of test it takes 1mg ed for 1 week then I drop to .5 eod. That's depending on what compounds I use with test but generally that is my sweet spot.


    So you basically front loading arimidex. If your looking to have solid blood levels, why not just pre load .5mg ED for a week?
  8. Advanced Member
    Eric160's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    728
    Rep Power
    500
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    68.82%

    not to hyjack but does tet prop require less of an ai??
  9. Professional Member
    DangerDave's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,847
    Rep Power
    1049561
    Level
    58
    Lv. Percent
    73.14%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by gregg1494

    So you basically front loading arimidex. If your looking to have solid blood levels, why not just pre load .5mg ED for a week?
    It takes longer to build the stable blood levels if you use a lower dose. 1mg ED is what I read from the studies and articles on arimidex.
    The advice I give is just that... Advice, purely my opinion. Not medical advice
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Any negative effects of long-term Melatonin use?
    By JBlaze in forum Supplements
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-05-2012, 04:47 AM
  2. Any toxic effects of GHRP-6?
    By Whacked in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-28-2009, 01:05 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-30-2008, 12:54 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-19-2006, 08:10 AM
  5. Any negative effects of high dose L-arginine?
    By BigVrunga in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-19-2003, 01:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in