First cycle

Jwarfford

Jwarfford

Awards
I'm about to start my first cycle of Anavar, 5mg day, and despite all the research I've done, I can't find pre/post stats or images.

I'm 5'10, 125, with a runners build. 10-12%bf. I lift 3-4x week, and maintain a 40/40/40 Protein-carb-fat diet.

I recently trained for 12 weeks for my figure competition, and while I saw improvement, it certainly didn't justify the effort I put into it!!!

I know the Var will increase strength gains, but will it also increase the size? My arms/abs just look tiny

Also considered Deca for lower half fat loss, to help tighten, but not sure.

Insight MUCH appreciated!!

numbaonecf25

numbaonecf25

Awards
Why are you set on taking a cycle that you don't even know what it will do to you? And how old are you by the way? Not trying to be harsh just wondering, and no offense but with your stats var. IMO is not for you

U

uvawahoowa

Awards
I'm about to start my first cycle of Anavar, 5mg day, and despite all the research I've done, I can't find pre/post stats or images.

I'm 5'10, 125, with a runners build. 10-12%bf. I lift 3-4x week, and maintain a 40/40/40 Protein-carb-fat diet.

I recently trained for 12 weeks for my figure competition, and while I saw improvement, it certainly didn't justify the effort I put into it!!!

I know the Var will increase strength gains, but will it also increase the size? My arms/abs just look tiny

Also considered Deca for lower half fat loss, to help tighten, but not sure.

Insight MUCH appreciated!!
How long have you been lifting for? If you want to maximize growth, you need to be in calorie surplus. In contest prep you aren't going to put on any size (if you're natty anyways). You should be primed for solid muscle growth coming off your cut if your diet and training are right.

Also, 40/40/40? Something doesn't add up :D

murk01

murk01

Awards
Im with these other guys. Var is ok. But u dont realy want to go that route. If ur 10-14%bf . I bet u can go a biy lower naturally with a low-no carb diet. U look fem in that pic. Do u want to risk that

Jwarfford

Jwarfford

Awards
Thanks for the inputs. Duh - I meant 40/40/20 :)
I can drop some fat if I cut carbs, but my real focus is size gain. Diet and training should have me primed for it, so looking for a solid boost to help get some guns.
Yes - I do look really feminine, which I want to keep. But that's why I chose var, and a super low dose.

Not looking for a penis, just some shoulders/bis/lats/quads (well that list actually goes on for quite some time)

=)

jaydollars

jaydollars

Awards
  • Established
Im with these other guys. Var is ok. But u dont realy want to go that route. If ur 10-14%bf . I bet u can go a biy lower naturally with a low-no carb diet. U look fem in that pic. Do u want to risk that
What does this post mean? She is a female, 12% for a woman is very very low, she could compete very successfully at this bf, this cycle is for more muscle

Danimozz

Danimozz

Awards
What does this post mean? She is a female, 12% for a woman is very very low, she could compete very successfully at this bf, this cycle is for more muscle
He means that she looks like a cute girl and would she want to ruin that by packing on muscle and looking more masculine

Sleazy E

Sleazy E

Awards
1.- you do not need to lose fat if you are in fact 10-12% bodyfat. That is quite low for a woman

2.- what does your diet look like? Do you mind posting it?

3.- dont let these guys discourage you. If you have done your research and know the risk vs reward and are comfortable with them, then go for it.

4.- I think going for var would be a wiser choice for you. Besides deca is not exactly known for the things yu want to get out of it.

5.-do other ladies a favor and log it :)

Jwarfford

Jwarfford

Awards
Hey Sleazy E - thanks.
Yes, I'm familiar with risk v reward. I will definitely post!
Yes, my bf is very low - it's normally about 15%, dropped to 11 before competition. I have a naturally high metabolism. Awesome for staying thin, but makes packing on some muscle very difficult. The 3 months leading up to my comp (figure, not bikini) I cut almost all cardio. But I am built long and lean, and my muscles just look 'tone'.
My diet standard is:
5-6 meals a day
Total cals about 1500
40/40/20 protein/carb/fat
1+gallon water daily
very limited sugar/salt (the closer I get to any comp the closer to 0g this gets...)
My protein is mostly chicken/turkey, but I sub a TON with iso pure protein shakes.
Typical meal is chicken/broccoli/sweet potato.
One cheat day/week.

I don't stick to that plan when I'm not prepping. I still consume at least 150g protein daily, but I definitely veer off the path...
:)

Sleazy E

Sleazy E

Awards
So tell me something because its not completely clear to me...
Are you prepping for another contest or are you tryng to put on some muscle?

If you are trying to do the latter then you really must up your cals by at least 700.
Even if prepping I think you might benefit from a more gradual cal reduction (depending on how long your prep is).
1500 cals is well below your requiered amounts of cals needed per day so if you keep that kind of diet for too long you will definately breakdown muscle.

Its hard to really add more though without more details from you

D

dubfungus

Awards
e to its being a mild steroid in every sense of the word, high amounts of Anavar dosage are needed. It binds reasonably well to the AR, but pretty high doses are still needed and I would never suggest doing less than 20mgs/day. In fact, 20-80mgs are needed to start halting AIDS related wasting(1) and recovering weight for burn victims (2) so thats the range Id recommend keeping your dosages in concerning this compound. Personally, Id use 100mgs/day if I were ever going to try this stuff. Any less than this amount (20-100mgs) would be a waste. For women, however, I think 2.5-10mgs/day would suffice. Virilation is not a concern with this compound, as it is only very mildly androgenic (3). Water retention is also virtually nil with it.

Jwarfford

Jwarfford

Awards
The 1500 cal isn't cutting, it's just normal intake. I can definitely up it.
Not in prep mode currently - just trying to add size. Want to have a good base before I go back into prep mode - otherwise I'm just cutting the little muscles I have :)

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Cycle looks good. You should def log it with before and afters. I've been trying to find a decent log to show my Gf. :) also deff need to bump up your cals if you want to put on some mass. Without crunching numbers at least 2100-2200. Good luck.

D

dubfungus

Awards
You do realize at 5mg a day of var you will barley notice any change an or size . Var no matter what does you run will barley give you any size if any

csa2179

csa2179

Awards
You do realize at 5mg a day of var you will barley notice any change an or size . Var no matter what does you run will barley give you any size if any
This is not true, I've seen girls pack on a good amount of mass on 10mg of var ed

jaydollars

jaydollars

Awards
  • Established
The 1500 cal isn't cutting, it's just normal intake. I can definitely up it.
Not in prep mode currently - just trying to add size. Want to have a good base before I go back into prep mode - otherwise I'm just cutting the little muscles I have :)
Do you have a coach recommending 1500 cals, I don't think you'll put on much mass with that high metabolism of yours

Jwarfford

Jwarfford

Awards
So, struggling trying to find var locally (without needing to order $300 worth if product).
Haven't started :(

D

dubfungus

Awards
Ya its expensive . Most have 250$ minimum:/ but var is so worth it I love the stuff

K

kateean2

Awards
The 1500 cal isn't cutting, it's just normal intake.