Weight/Height to start taking gear....

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.33%

Weight/Height to start taking gear....

I know it's mostly relative, but for argument's sake....

1) Wouldit be acceptable for someone @ 5'11 175 lbs to start pinning?
    2) how about 5'7 165
    3) 6'2 190 lbs (but a high percentage in BF)

for 1 and 2 assume their body comp is really good.

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.14%

I dont think height really matters. Unless your like 6'5" and 150lbs...the you are no where near your genetic maximum. Its more along the line if you are mature enough, know enough about what you are gonna do, can accept the possible risks, have diet and training in check, and believe you have hit your genetic maximum..or close to it.
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  243 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.46%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Yeah it has more to do with age and how long you've been training. Build a solid base and learn how to grow without drugs before ever using them and you will be much better off.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.4%

I second the above.

Although maybe I'm a bit stricter, I always say that unless your total max of bench/dead/squat is 1200 minimum you have no business getting into gear.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.34%

Honestly, I don't think it matters how close you've reached to your genetic point (unless you want to become a bodybuilding on the heavier side). Its more towards you knowing your body as far as nutrition and training, and you have discipline, knowledge and consistency. So with that said, you should have a decent amount of LBM by the time you're ready....but thats assuming everyones started off making mistakes. I know I did. But if someone just started training, knows their ****, and is committed, then I feel they're ready. However, I am a beleiver that you should not take AAS till you've finished growing and puberty is over. So you can't really ask us if its okay to take it once you've reached a certain LBM.
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.33%

Quote Originally Posted by mauibuilt
    Honestly, I don't think it matters how close you've reached to your genetic point (unless you want to become a bodybuilding on the heavier side). Its more towards you knowing your body as far as nutrition and training, and you have discipline, knowledge and consistency. So with that said, you should have a decent amount of LBM by the time you're ready....but thats assuming everyones started off making mistakes. I know I did. But if someone just started training, knows their ****, and is committed, then I feel they're ready. However, I am a beleiver that you should not take AAS till you've finished growing and puberty is over. So you can't really ask us if its okay to take it once you've reached a certain LBM.
    these aren't guidline's guys, they're just there for arguments sake
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.99%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by The Rob
    I know it's mostly relative, but for argument's sake....

1) Wouldit be acceptable for someone @ 5'11 175 lbs to start pinning?
    2) how about 5'7 165
    3) 6'2 190 lbs (but a high percentage in BF)

for 1 and 2 assume their body comp is really good.
    I'd agree that you should rely more on age and experience (i.e. good diet, good routine, lots of rest, etc.).

However, I personally woulndn't recommend that at 165,175, and especially 6'2 190 w/ high BF start pinning. I don't think it would hurt any though....I just believe that you should cherish all of the natural gains you can get
    Then start pinning when those gains slow a lot even with a great diet / routine & lots of rest If you're a hard gainer and this weight is like a reinforced glass wall you can't see and can't break through...I guess it's not bad to start if you've got all of the knowledge. I understand some people really are hard gainers.

Just my .02
  8. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.38%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

There is no right or wrong answer. It is the adult individual's decision to make. If one needs help with this decision, then they should not be using AAS.
  9. Pityin' fools since '81
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.91%
    Achievements Posting Pro

if your questioning yourself, dont.
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.33%

Quote Originally Posted by chasec
    if your questioning yourself, dont.
    Not at all, this is, like I said, just for disscussion.
  11. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.11%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I am pretty happy having waited until I was already huge before hitting the gear, I've gotten great results and it forces you to dial in your training and learn to eat.

I think if you go hitting the gear too early you'll end up using it as a crutch and you'll NEED it to grow and stay big, which isn't the best situation. If you can avoid NEEDING it, hit it up as early as ya want - it's just really hard to figure out how your body works when you're on different **** half the time.
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.33%

Quote Originally Posted by exnihilo
    I am pretty happy having waited until I was already huge before hitting the gear, I've gotten great results and it forces you to dial in your training and learn to eat.

I think if you go hitting the gear too early you'll end up using it as a crutch and you'll NEED it to grow and stay big, which isn't the best situation. If you can avoid NEEDING it, hit it up as early as ya want - it's just really hard to figure out how your body works when you're on different **** half the time.
    man, if everyone used this as a criteria we woulnd't have all these steroid related problems......
  13. Pityin' fools since '81
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.91%
    Achievements Posting Pro

gear isn't a crutch to me, it's an aid like creatine and everything else. granted it works a *little* bit better than most OTC supplements you can buy. honestly, i'm at a good weight right now and want to focus on getting down to around 5% bf at my current weight. i've always been lean, but i've never quite peaked like that. hopefully spring break time i'll be 230 5%. we'll see how it goes.
  14. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.51%

imo no one in there teens should take gear.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-14-2012, 05:29 PM
  2. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 05-02-2010, 03:03 AM
  3. 10 REASONS to ACTUALLY take gear
    By doyoudo911 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-11-2008, 01:18 AM
  4. 6-OXO? when to start taking it after epi???
    By rocky025 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-12-2008, 09:46 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-17-2007, 11:49 PM