TRT and AI

jktteam

Awards
Hey guys
So I'm 33 and had very low test levels. My dr put me on test C at 200mg/every week. My estrogen levels now are good. I asked about estrogen flare ups and he said if I show any symptoms he will prescribe an AI. I have seen two schools of thought about AIs while on cycle and in my case trt, I know it's not a cycle. Some say it is good to keep estrogen at bay. Others say it is bad because estrogen helps with gains (granted my gains won't be huge due to trt doses). What are your guy's thoughts about being on an AI while taking test. Also are my trt doses at a dose for me to make gains. Not looking to be Arnold but wouldn't mind some gains since I'm taking it anyway. Thanks

rambofireball

rambofireball

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys
So I'm 33 and had very low test levels. My dr put me on test C at 200mg/every week. My estrogen levels now are good. I asked about estrogen flare ups and he said if I show any symptoms he will prescribe an AI. I have seen two schools of thought about AIs while on cycle and in my case trt, I know it's not a cycle. Some say it is good to keep estrogen at bay. Others say it is bad because estrogen helps with gains (granted my gains won't be huge due to trt doses). What are your guy's thoughts about being on an AI while taking test. Also are my trt doses at a dose for me to make gains. Not looking to be Arnold but wouldn't mind some gains since I'm taking it anyway. Thanks
First off, 200mg per week is a pretty high TRT dose. Most are somewhere between 70 - 150mg per week. I'd say what you're on is practically a low dose cycle. In 'Anabolics' 9th edition, there is a study displayed which cites this dose as the baseline for supraphysiological effects. That being said, you'll definitely be able to make more weightlifting gains than someone who's natural, but it won't be to the same degree as the average cycle of +500mg.
As far as the AI is concerned, you won't know you need it until estrogen side-effects start cropping up. Most prevalent of which may be excessive bloating and gynecomastia development. Until that happens, its best to stay away from the extra liver stress and other nasty side effects of an AI. And yes, there is a lot of anecdotal evidence that AI's on-cycle reduce weightlifting gains.

jktteam

Awards
Thanks for the insight. Right now with 200mg/week I feel better than I have in years. And I'm only 33. As long as I can keep sides at bay I'm okay with this dose. My dr will do monthly lab works so he will adjust if necessary. Thanks for info on AI. I will keep an eye out for any signs

rambofireball

rambofireball

Awards
  • Established
Yup, no prob. I'd be interested to know what your blood concentration is at 200mg/week. Have you done a lab yet?

jktteam

Awards
Not yet. They will in a month. Who knows be might take dosage down then. I'll keep you posted. All I want is to feel normal, have a sex drive and not HAVE to take a nap. So far so good.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
200mg is a very high TRT dose and pretty typical of a doctor that doesn't really know about TRT. Never met anyone that was on that dose that didn't have sides. It's best to start low and ramp up to a level that you actually need. 200mg is probably having you peak around 1500-1600 test levels- which is far outside of any normal level.

Also, any dose of TRT is going to promote gains- because you are on it due to low levels already. You go from 200 levels and then start cruising at 600-800 levels and you will start to put on weight and muscle is much easier to put on. I was already really muscular with 200 levels, but it took me 3 times as much work to keep. Got on TRT at 125mg a week and have put on 10lbs of muscle in the last year.

jktteam

Awards
Thanks for the info. I'll stay at the 200mg unless sides show in which I'll tell the doctor and get me on an AI and take down dosage. If no sides at 200mg then cool. I need TRT for rest of life anyway.

alpinecoach

alpinecoach

Awards
Yup, no prob. I'd be interested to know what your blood concentration is at 200mg/week. Have you done a lab yet?
Just had my bloods done at that dose, Total Test 1223, Free Test 299.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just actually got my results back today from a test last week. I injected 125mg on Monday night and took a test on Thursday morning, so right around the peak, or a day after. Total test was 1136.

Pretty freaking high for 125mg and a few days in. I may lower to 100mg.

rambofireball

rambofireball

Awards
  • Established
Just actually got my results back today from a test last week. I injected 125mg on Monday night and took a test on Thursday morning, so right around the peak, or a day after. Total test was 1136.

Pretty freaking high for 125mg and a few days in. I may lower to 100mg.
Actually I'd say that sounds about right for 125 mg 2.5 days post injection. I'm assuming you are using enanthate or cypionate. I peak around 900 on 100mg cyp.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Test C. Sounded a bit high to me. I feel great, but my doc is worried about it being above 1000 for multiple days.

rambofireball

rambofireball

Awards
  • Established
Test C. Sounded a bit high to me. I feel great, but my doc is worried about it being above 1000 for multiple days.
Yeah I believe the target range most docs work with is 300-900. I'm not sure if peaking at 1100+ would have any negative health effects in the long run, might be something you want to look into, but if you feel great and don't have any sides, then there's no real reason to change it up that I can see. I mean, I'd love being allowed to peak at that level if e2 etc was in check lol.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The lab my doc uses is 320-1230, so it is within range of this lab. I've been on TRT for about a year and a half and it took a good 6-8 months in the beginning to get things leveled out. I feel my best at 700-900, which is where I was for almost a year and then just recently, the brand I have been picking up at the pharmacy changed. Now I wonder if that may have anything to do with me running higher all of a sudden.

rambofireball

rambofireball

Awards
  • Established
The lab my doc uses is 320-1230, so it is within range of this lab. I've been on TRT for about a year and a half and it took a good 6-8 months in the beginning to get things leveled out. I feel my best at 700-900, which is where I was for almost a year and then just recently, the brand I have been picking up at the pharmacy changed. Now I wonder if that may have anything to do with me running higher all of a sudden.
Oh ok, that puts things into perspective.