cutting cycle questions

shart2damax

Awards
my question is would it be smart to use an oral like (anavar) to help prevent the catabolism of cutting?

before anyone bashes this i'm not doing it now or necessarily planning to just trying to learn more about AAS before i ever make that cross over. i've been training for a couple years natural now and been researching about AAS. what i find most people saying is that orals are worthless aside from assisting in jump starting or backloading a cycle. at the other end of the spectrum people are saying that it is all goal based and each different form of AAS serves it's own purpose. my goal would not be to gain large quantities of muscle but rather just fight the catabolism of cutting. for example if someone was to do a 12 week cut with maybe a 6 week oral cycle (from what i know it's not smart to go much longer than 6 weeks on orals) for the last 6 weeks would it be beneficial? could it maybe even help someone not only prevent muscle loss but create minimal muscle gain? as i stated before i don't want to be bashed i'm just trying to educate myself so any good insight would be appreciated.

ITW

ITW

Awards
my question is would it be smart to use an oral like (anavar) to help prevent the catabolism of cutting?

before anyone bashes this i'm not doing it now or necessarily planning to just trying to learn more about AAS before i ever make that cross over. i've been training for a couple years natural now and been researching about AAS. what i find most people saying is that orals are worthless aside from assisting in jump starting or backloading a cycle. at the other end of the spectrum people are saying that it is all goal based and each different form of AAS serves it's own purpose. my goal would not be to gain large quantities of muscle but rather just fight the catabolism of cutting. for example if someone was to do a 12 week cut with maybe a 6 week oral cycle (from what i know it's not smart to go much longer than 6 weeks on orals) for the last 6 weeks would it be beneficial? could it maybe even help someone not only prevent muscle loss but create minimal muscle gain? as i stated before i don't want to be bashed i'm just trying to educate myself so any good insight would be appreciated.
Some people will come raging in here saying no no no diet is king and do more cardio blah blah blah. But answer me this: Do fitness models or bb'ers or powerlifters for that matter, ever cut without the use of AAS? Answer is no. So honestly I see no problem is what you are seeking to accomplish. In fact it will more likely than not work quite well.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Why would you not want increased testosterone while cutting? Increased protein synthesis, muscle sparing, increased drive, etc etc etc.

shart2damax

Awards
well i guess my other concern would be what about the rebound while cutting at the same time? should it be timed where at the end of my cut i would continue the cycle for say a week and then get back on a bulking or maintenance diet then do pct?

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
well i guess my other concern would be what about the rebound while cutting at the same time? should it be timed where at the end of my cut i would continue the cycle for say a week and then get back on a bulking or maintenance diet then do pct?
Rebound? What are you talking about? Weight manipulation is about calories. However, with enough steroids you can build muscle and lose fat during a caloric deficit. If we are speaking of oral steroids and cutting, they will help maintain muscle mass while losing fat. What you do after your cycle is dictated by your goals. If you want to bulk, then bulk. If you want to maintain, then maintain. I'm sorry i guess i just don't understand what the confusion is.

awhittamore

awhittamore

Awards
Rebound? What are you talking about?

I think he meant having low test after the PH cycle.

In which case running the PCT as your cut ended be sufficient, then continuing on with whatever workout/diet plan you want.

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You will want to usher in the natural anabolic / anti catabolic effects of rebounding from a severely strict cutting diet. This is the absolute perfect time to be in PCT as you may hardly notice it from the effects from glycogen storage and insulin signaling...

This is the time to blast your PCT products -- nolv, aromasin, TCF-1, sustain alpha, peptides etc....

Then after 3 weeks --- calm down on excessive calories and make sure you keep bf in check.

-Matt

shart2damax

Awards
thanks matt definitely an informative read. i was wondering though in the article you state "A 12-18 week cycle would be recommended as you want to gradually lower body fat and increase muscle mass." this would mean then that one would need to be pinning some form of test along with the var because in my time reading up about AAS a lot of people say no more than 8-10 weeks on var and that's pushing it with the massive HDL drop that can occur. so is it not efficient to run a var only cutting cycle in your mind? the reason i'm even considering the idea of a var only cycle is the mild nature of the steroid and my dislike of needles but if it's not all that efficient then i wouldn't want to waste the money..

shart2damax

Awards
also matt i noticed that you are a primordial performance athlete...do their products really have any validity? the andro series v3 seems all to just be hyped up DHEA..not to bash your sponsor but i did look at their products for a while and took them into consideration but damn the $ for questionable products..

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
thanks matt definitely an informative read. i was wondering though in the article you state "A 12-18 week cycle would be recommended as you want to gradually lower body fat and increase muscle mass." this would mean then that one would need to be pinning some form of test along with the var because in my time reading up about AAS a lot of people say no more than 8-10 weeks on var and that's pushing it with the massive HDL drop that can occur. so is it not efficient to run a var only cutting cycle in your mind? the reason i'm even considering the idea of a var only cycle is the mild nature of the steroid and my dislike of needles but if it's not all that efficient then i wouldn't want to waste the money..

You could potentially run anavar for 8-10 weeks --- I mean if you are fairly lean when starting, 8-10 weeks is enough time to get into incredible condition with serious diet and cardio. You would really fare well with a 12 week run of tren acetate -- talk about transforming and growing --LEAN!

-Matt

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
also matt i noticed that you are a primordial performance athlete...do their products really have any validity? the andro series v3 seems all to just be hyped up DHEA..not to bash your sponsor but i did look at their products for a while and took them into consideration but damn the $ for questionable products..
I can 100% say the products have absolute validity and if they did not --- my real name would not be associated with them -- bottom line.

I have had several clients run these products and get stellar results as they feared illegal complications, but most of all they feared damaged or severely suppressed endogenous HPTA function. I have blood tested people time after time again and witness fully functioning HPTA function even while ON CYCLE with certain users. We have them dose the hormones all at once in the morning so it will peak --> then clear by bed time allowing endogenous T levels to function while sleeping.

-Matt

shart2damax

Awards
it's not smart though to run tren acetate as a first cycle though right? i guess it's not necessarily that smart to do anavar on it's own either though..

another question..i am only 21 so would you advise say primordial's products over an anavar cycle? because i figure anavar is equally as expensive as the primordial products..i just don't know how well i trust the testimonials on the products as opposed to tried and true anavar

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
it's not smart though to run tren acetate as a first cycle though right? i guess it's not necessarily that smart to do anavar on it's own either though..

another question..i am only 21 so would you advise say primordial's products over an anavar cycle? because i figure anavar is equally as expensive as the primordial products..i just don't know how well i trust the testimonials on the products as opposed to tried and true anavar
A reasonable dose of test and tren is fine for a first injectible cycle. Something like 10-12 weeks of tren ace and a long ester test is great. Really it's up to you to decide how hard you want to go on that first time. I advise something simple to get your feet wet and will prepare you for going harder. Also it's a nice test for your diet and any changes you will need to make being on test.

flex000

flex000

Awards
It's not known for being harsh on the liver which is why I'm against all Orals so it might not be a bad idea. I'm big on Test though. My belief is that cutting or bulking can both be done with Test, simply by dosage adjusting and diet.

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established

There are no rules in physique enhancement, just people's opinions and theories. If you are a calm, cool mannered person that does not face anxiety disorder issues -- low dose tren acetate could transform you amazingly.

It will risk shutting you down rather hard as its very potent and a 19-nor hormone.

AndroSeries are very mild and could be your 'safe' choice' for climbing the genetic latter first without hindering natural endogenous T level production greatly.

Then after you get all you can from Andro products....then high dosed aas will need to be taken to exceed farther past what you can do naturally or on Andro.

YOu just need to be prepared for the consequences if choosing tren, test, etc....

-Matt

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It's not known for being harsh on the liver which is why I'm against all Orals so it might not be a bad idea. I'm big on Test though. My belief is that cutting or bulking can both be done with Test, simply by dosage adjusting and diet.

True I would much rather cycle tren for 12 weeks than a single 17AA oral hormone....

No rules to this hobby -- just experimentation...

-Matt