Creatine while on cycle?

Est1969

Est1969

Awards
  • Established
I commonly read about lifters using creatine while in PCT. Is there a reason to avoid creatine while on cycle?

Just curious,

ponysteak

ponysteak

Awards
Been wondering that as well. I see some people for it and some people are against it.

LITERaCOLA

Awards
some people seem to avoid it from extra stress on the kidneys but i really think it's very minor stress as it is and can be avoided with water consumption. I also don't think you will even notice the effects of creatine while on cycle do to gear making your body stronger and recover faster than creatine ever would compare to.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yes use creatine during cycle. It will help grow your muscles even more than with just an anabolic. Studies are on this site. It's been covered before.

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I would say use creatine all the time. I am becoming more of a fan of creatine than ever.

Myostatin inhibition has been demonstrated and the simple fact of refueling CP and atp stores alone is great for gym performance.

I have been dosing it in 5 g increments with meals throughout the day....

-Matt

Est1969

Est1969

Awards
  • Established
I would say use creatine all the time. I am becoming more of a fan of creatine than ever.

Myostatin inhibition has been demonstrated and the simple fact of refueling CP and atp stores alone is great for gym performance.

I have been dosing it in 5 g increments with meals throughout the day....

-Matt
How many 5g doses are you taking each day? I have been sticking to one 5g dose each morning.

I used to be very sporadic in my creatine intake, but then I set up my phone to remind me daily. The improvements in the gym have been noticeable.

supermanjow

supermanjow

Awards
  • Established
How many 5g doses are you taking each day? I have been sticking to one 5g dose each morning.

I used to be very sporadic in my creatine intake, but then I set up my phone to remind me daily. The improvements in the gym have been noticeable.
^^^ I want to know this too. Now come to think of it, with increased protein synthesis, perhaps even upping your creatine during a cycle makes sense.

ponysteak

ponysteak

Awards
Myostatin inhibition has been demonstrated
-Matt
NICE...did not know creatine had that effect! Only time I don't use creatine is if I'm working outside a lot during the summer when it's hard to stay hydrated. Otherwise bring that sheet on.

vassille

Awards
all im going to say is that while I was taking creatine I always felt thirsty and I was drinking all the water in the world and peeing right out and I was bloated to high heavens. Def stress on the kidneys. I have not touched creatine in years best move I ever made, im bigger and stronger without it.
I think it's effects are blown up too much. I eat beef which has plenty of creatine in it. I dont think it ever really put any muscle on me besides water weight which upon seccesion all the "gains" went away.

swolegame12

Awards
all im going to say is that while I was taking creatine I always felt thirsty and I was drinking all the water in the world and peeing right out and I was bloated to high heavens. Def stress on the kidneys. I have not touched creatine in years best move I ever made, im bigger and stronger without it.
I think it's effects are blown up too much. I eat beef which has plenty of creatine in it. I dont think it ever really put any muscle on me besides water weight which upon seccesion all the "gains" went away.
Man... How were u taking the creatine? We're you loading it? If you take it at 3-5 grams daily once per day everyday you will be saturated after about 3-4 weeks. And you have to eat a TON of red meat to have any noticeable effects of the creatine because there is such a tiny bit in it. Creatine draws water into the muscles increasing protein synthesis as well as turning ADP into ATP at a much faster rate enabling that "extra rep" during sets. You won't notice huge gains but it will make a difference overtime. After saturation, you can take 3-5 grams on workout days assuming you workout 4-5 days per week and will still maintain saturation. I'm starting my 1st cycle of test e 250 and SD and will continue creatine throughout cycle and PCT

vassille

Awards
Man... How were u taking the creatine? We're you loading it? If you take it at 3-5 grams daily once per day everyday you will be saturated after about 3-4 weeks. And you have to eat a TON of red meat to have any noticeable effects of the creatine because there is such a tiny bit in it. Creatine draws water into the muscles increasing protein synthesis as well as turning ADP into ATP at a much faster rate enabling that "extra rep" during sets. You won't notice huge gains but it will make a difference overtime. After saturation, you can take 3-5 grams on workout days assuming you workout 4-5 days per week and will still maintain saturation. I'm starting my 1st cycle of test e 250 and SD and will continue creatine throughout cycle and PCT
IDK what the problem was, took it for a few years on and off. Loaded up 10g for a week the did the 5g maintenance sometimes 10g. I was taking it with a sugary drink at first to speed uptake, then I dropped the sugar and used the effervecent one. I felt like I was holding water between my skin and I never felt tight. After I would stop I'd lose a fair amount of water. Maybe I need it less then 5 gr a day not sure, or maybe I was saturated and didnt need it..... Now I eat 8-12oz of beef a day most of the time and dont have an issue. I get great pumps in the gym and the frequent urination is gone nor do I feel the need to drink water constantly.
Over all im not sure why this happened but I know it was becoming a problem.

swolegame12

Awards
How much do you weigh? And IMO loading isn't a good option.. People tend to bloat because of the high intake so quick. But seriously the beef you're eating isn't giving you creatine benefits. Try buying some bulk creatine powder. Can be mono or a blend and dose at 3-5 grams daily for a month, then 3-5 grams on workout days only assuming you are in the gym 4-5 days a week :)

supermanjow

supermanjow

Awards
  • Established
IDK what the problem was, took it for a few years on and off. Loaded up 10g for a week the did the 5g maintenance sometimes 10g. I was taking it with a sugary drink at first to speed uptake, then I dropped the sugar and used the effervecent one. I felt like I was holding water between my skin and I never felt tight. After I would stop I'd lose a fair amount of water. Maybe I need it less then 5 gr a day not sure, or maybe I was saturated and didnt need it..... Now I eat 8-12oz of beef a day most of the time and dont have an issue. I get great pumps in the gym and the frequent urination is gone nor do I feel the need to drink water constantly.
Over all im not sure why this happened but I know it was becoming a problem.
Carbs make you hold water and a LOT of simple carbs can make you feel very bloated. Effervescence can cause gas. There are your problems. 5g plain creatine monohydrate. No excess carbs needed nothing special required for absorption.

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Guys I use micronized creatine mono, creatine gluconate, or old school creasol effervescent.

Will dose 5-10 g a few times a day --- I dont bloat....my muscles stay tight and full....veins still there and no noticeable subcutaneous water retention.

Creatine always should be intra-cellular -- I believe people bloated badly from things like cell-tech or knock offs which had 80g of sugar which sky rocketed insulin levels resulting in too many carbyhydrates in a day...

Myostatin benefits -- http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20026378

-Matt

supermanjow

supermanjow

Awards
  • Established
Guys I use micronized creatine mono, creatine gluconate, or old school creasol effervescent.

Will dose 5-10 g a few times a day --- I dont bloat....my muscles stay tight and full....veins still there and no noticeable subcutaneous water retention.

Creatine always should be intra-cellular -- I believe people bloated badly from things like cell-tech or knock offs which had 80g of sugar which sky rocketed insulin levels resulting in too many carbyhydrates in a day...

Myostatin benefits -- http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20026378

-Matt
What do you think about increasing Creatine intake while on PED's and going back to a lower dose between cycles?

vassille

Awards
How much do you weigh? And IMO loading isn't a good option.. People tend to bloat because of the high intake so quick. But seriously the beef you're eating isn't giving you creatine benefits. Try buying some bulk creatine powder. Can be mono or a blend and dose at 3-5 grams daily for a month, then 3-5 grams on workout days only assuming you are in the gym 4-5 days a week :)
Right now been cuting for the summer and Im around 245 @ 8%. Usually im in the gym 5 days. I might try mono if I go back to it. Im going to bulk again soon. Beef seems to be ok although not sure how much creatine it has, from what I read it does have some.

vassille

Awards
Carbs make you hold water and a LOT of simple carbs can make you feel very bloated. Effervescence can cause gas. There are your problems. 5g plain creatine monohydrate. No excess carbs needed nothing special required for absorption.
I might try plain mono. Why effervesant cause gas do you know? I think I did have some issue with that

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wouldn't stop creatine during cycle.....and then reintroduce it during pct, for the simple fact if you want the benefits of creatine at 5g's a day it's going to take more than half of your pct just to get back to full saturation, why not have the creatine already fully loaded when you hit pct

supermanjow

supermanjow

Awards
  • Established
I might try plain mono. Why effervescent cause gas do you know? I think I did have some issue with that
I'm not exactly sure, but I'm wondering if some of the bicarbonates are reacting to the acid in your digestive tract. Anyways, I know that it does the same for me. So, I avoid it.

vassille

Awards
I'm not exactly sure, but I'm wondering if some of the bicarbonates are reacting to the acid in your digestive tract. Anyways, I know that it does the same for me. So, I avoid it.
Cool thanks