First Cycle Plan..........Please Critique.

LowKeyLifter

Awards
Hi, I'm a new member to this board, although I've been browsing these forums for the past month. I'll give you a background of my current stats and lifting experiences. I'm currenty 21 years old and have been lifting hard since I was 16 years old. I'm 5' 11'', 200 lbs. with about 7-8% bodyfat. I just broke my previous PR for squats with 415 lb. for 5 flawless reps the other day. I'm very happy with both my strength levels and aesthetically with my current physique. I've never done any PH or steroid cycles in my life but, I want to take the next step towards advancing my physique. So, here is my plan for my virgin cyle, so please point out anything I may have missed. I've done a lot of research over the past month, but I may have missed something.

4 week cycle:

10 mg ED M1T Weeks 1-4
400 mg Topical 4AD Weeks 3-4

PCT: Nolva - 40 mg ED for 2 weeks, then 20 mg ED for another 2 weeks. Also Milk Thistle and NAC.

I wanna take advantage of my first cycle being that I've never used PH's before, but on the other hand, I don't wanna over do it. I will be on a break from school and will be able to strictly concentrate on lifting. My diet will consist of 1.5 grams of protein per lb. and 5000 cals a day. I think the 10 mg dosage should be conservative enough without sacrificing gains while, the 4ad will help combat the sides a bit towards the end of the cycle. I'm a little worried about gyno since I developed it naturally when I was 16, but it did go away before I turned 17. That's another reason for having the nolva on hand. Dr. D. put a bit of a scare into me with his Nolva vs. Clomid thread, but since I think I might be prone to gyno, I think the Nolva is a better choice. Also, I think I'm also prone to male pattern baldness. I still have my hair, but I do have a receding hairline. If anyone has any suggestions for what I should use it would be helpful, since I've read a lot of conflicting opinions. I'd appreciate feedback from anyone on how I could improve or modify this cycle.

Thanks.

Strateg0s

Awards
  • Established
You will want to use 4-AD right from the beginning. 4-AD is not going to be where most of your gains are coming from, so no need to go 400mg. You would be much better off running 200mg for four weeks than 400mg only for the last two. Not much need to worry about gyno either, but you should always keep nolva on hand, and you will need it for PCT anyway. You can get it (in powder form) from CustomNutritionWarehouse, a board sponsor, for $30, which will be good for three post-cycle therapies. You could get the liquid if you want, but you would just be paying 3x as much.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Just a suggestion, but your cycle would be more comfortable if you were to front load the 4-AD for 1-2 weeks prior to beginning the M1T.

Also, since this is your first cycle, you may even want to consider using 1-AD instead of M1T. Most get decent gains with much less sides. After a couple of cycles, then go with the M1T.

Best of luck with whatever you decide to do.

LowKeyLifter

Awards
strateg0s: I already have nolva on hand, so I'm good from that angle. I'll probably take your suggestion on using the 4ad in 200mg doses throughout the cycle. However, If I do run into a problem with gyno, should I just discontinue the 4ad, take some nolva and continue with the cycle, or is running nolva during the cycle a bad idea?

Cuffs: I've read that your suggestion of frontloading is a good idea, but that would make my cycle 6 weeks in length. Do you think this is a good idea? I'm just a bit worried about my boys shrinking a little too much. Also what dosages of the 4ad do you recommend?

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
6 weeks is perfectly fine for 4-ad in fact i wouldn't recommend it for less time, if you are just using it to counter the sides of m1t, 200mg a day is fine
i totally agree with the front loading

don't worry about your boys shrinking, they'll come back, 200mg of 4-ad for 6 weeks won't really shrink them much, it'll be the m1t that does

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
The reason to front load is because the transdermal takes time to kick in...approximately 7-10 days. If you don't front load, you may experience the sides from the M1T until the 4-AD kicks in. 6-weeks is fine for the cycle. If you shrink, it will more than likely be from the M1T. You may want to consider a lower dose for the first week or two to asses your tolerance. Maybe try 5mg, then bump it to 10mg if everything is good.

LowKeyLifter

Awards
Well, I started front loading the trandermal 4-AD on monday. I've been running it at 200 mg a day taken after my morning shower. However, with all the recent M1T bashing and seeing a couple of the bloodwork levels from fellow board members, I'm a bit scared. I wanna save face on this cycle but M1T really has me scared. I really want to bulk up on this cycle, but I'm looking for an alternative now. What would you guys substitute for the M1T, and keep in mind that I'm a college student who is a little strapped for cash. I have 2 bottles of 4-derm, nolva, M1T, and liver supps currently in my possesion.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Well, I started front loading the trandermal 4-AD on monday. I've been running it at 200 mg a day taken after my morning shower. However, with all the recent M1T bashing and seeing a couple of the bloodwork levels from fellow board members, I'm a bit scared. I wanna save face on this cycle but M1T really has me scared. I really want to bulk up on this cycle, but I'm looking for an alternative now. What would you guys substitute for the M1T, and keep in mind that I'm a college student who is a little strapped for cash. I have 2 bottles of 4-derm, nolva, M1T, and liver supps currently in my possesion.
A 1-test dermal would go well. NutraPlanet will pre mix them for you.

freEQnasty

Awards
Nutraplanet discontinued their pre mixing option due to understandably too much time required to do so, but you can still order the dermal and powders cheap from his site.

diamonddave

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Damn, what did that last???????? a week maybe? I thought it was too good to last. I'm disappointed, but I fully understand.

dd

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
i have been told to run 200mg of 4ad for every 5mg of m1t, so I would run 400mg of 4ad the whole cycle.