Need Strength Building ? Anabolic

HotPumpkin

Awards
I am looking to increase my push-up reps. I have been trying to increase my # of reps by doing reps and lifting; but I have ZERO luck in the past few months to increase my reps. I have a very clean diet and using Iso-Pure protein pre/post workouts along with BCAA's post.
Currently I am taking Lipo-rush and Essence EFA. This has helped with cutting fat, but I seriously need push-up strength. I can do 21 reps in two minutes but would like to do 40-50 in two minutes.

I am looking into a Anabolic stack of
Halo Extreme,
Anabolic Matrix Rx,
Ultra Male Rx,
Advanced Cycle Support,
E control Rx.

Although I am a female I am nervous to try. Can anyone please give suggestions.
I have also looked at the Anabolic stack for Her:
Halo For Her
Lean Fuel Extreme
Advanced Cycle Support
Essence EFA
Razor cuts. ironmag is the information for the stacks

Looking for advice; before I take anything.

SuperPro

SuperPro

Awards
You don't need anabolics at all for your goal. You need to do a lot of pushups to failure. Lifting will help some, but mostly if you want to increase pushups you need to do a lot of pushups, end of story. If you aren't already try doing different variations too, like incline, decline, wide hands, close hands, tricep pushups(arms tucked into sides). Doing these exercises will help you build the muscles that your body uses to do push ups. If you can do 21 at the most, do sets of 21. Also make sure that you are getting adequate rest because if you are doing a hard workout targeting these same muscles each day then your muscles might not be recovering.

If you're deadset on anabolics, I hope you have a lot of lifting experience, especially as a female since anabolics can have a profound effect on you. According to the US NIH(National Institutes of Health) a healthy male's test levels will measure 300-1000 ng/dL(nanograms per deciliter), while a healthy female will measure 15-70 ng/dL of test. This means that in a female hormone enhancing products can have profound, and sometimes permanent effects like deepening of the voice, enlargement of the clitoris, and shrinking of the breasts to name a few.

That being said some women have taken low dose anavar or low dose winstrol without these problems occuring, though I'm not sure of what the actual dosing should be. DO NOT TAKE HALO FOR HER OR HALO EXTREME. I have been told these products have not worked well for women so I wouldn't risk the dangers.

j05441

Awards
On paper halo for her sounds legit idea behind it but there have been tons of messed up girls on it. There are no PH or DS safe for females. Do many many sets of push up to failure you will eventually get your reps up.

SuperPro

SuperPro

Awards
I think the problem with Halo for Her is the A/A ratio of halodrol. It's highly anabolic, where if you look at anavar and winstrol for instance they are very androgenic. I think highly anabolic compounds is where the issue is for females, but really all DS/AAS/PH are much more dangerous for women than men. It sucks for women looking for the same things we are, but it's just the facts.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anabolics are not the answer in this scenario. What you need is a change in your training template.

HotPumpkin

Awards
I have been trying to increase my reps for 6 months or more and my reps aren't increasing. Seems my form is better but thats it. I step up to do the timed push-ups and I just hate the feeling that my push-ups absolutely suck!

I have tried different variations of the pushups; but when it comes to gym time...Honestly I am a bit lost. I do chest-press, flys, dips, and triceps workouts. These muscle groups have definitely leaned out but no added reps.

I appreciate your help/advice for the anabolics; but its not the option I would like to try. Could you help me with a workout plan?

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wants to do more pushups, takes steroids. Lol.

If your weight stays the same, and you're gaining strength in your chest/triceps/core yet your pushup reps aren't increasing, you're doing something wrong. Work on endurance, high reps for all upper body movements. Lots of core strength. Find out what gives out first when you start maxing out reps on pushups. Do your triceps fail first? Now you know what to target for endurance. Same goes for your chest or core.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have been trying to increase my reps for 6 months or more and my reps aren't increasing. Seems my form is better but thats it. I step up to do the timed push-ups and I just hate the feeling that my push-ups absolutely suck!

I have tried different variations of the pushups; but when it comes to gym time...Honestly I am a bit lost. I do chest-press, flys, dips, and triceps workouts. These muscle groups have definitely leaned out but no added reps.

I appreciate your help/advice for the anabolics; but its not the option I would like to try. Could you help me with a workout plan?
One problem is that you're focusing on just the pressing muscles and neglecting the pulling muscles. Having strong lats, traps, and rear delts are critical for overall stability to the shoulder girdle.

SuperPro

SuperPro

Awards

This sounds like a good chest/triceps day for a beginner, but like the others said you need to train all around to get the best results. For example for the other body parts other than chest/triceps things like this would work well:

Back: seated row machine, lat pulldowns, back extensions or deadlifts(lower back)

Shoulders: overhead press, lateral raise, front raise, rear delt raise

Biceps: bicep curls, hammer curls, concentration curls

Triceps: tricep extensions, dips, kickbacks

Lower Body: Squats, lunges, leg press machines, calf raises

Abdominals: crunches, reverse crunches, oblique twists, pelvic tilts

I wouldn't do those each on their own day though I would try to do days like: Chest/triceps, back/biceps, shoulders, legs, and do a couple abs exercises at the end of at least two of those workouts. Also aim for about 12 sets total each day, I would say 3-4 exercises for 3-4 sets each, not including the abs at the end.

The best thing you can do though to learn how to work out good with weights is find a workout partner who is experienced in weight lifting who can teach you. This will help you to learn proper form and it's also good to have someone there to help you out if you need a spot, especially when first getting into weights.

jerrysiii

jerrysiii

Awards
  • Established
You can increase reps by doing sets with decreasing rest periods.

For example:

Week 1: 5 sets of 8 reps -- rest 3 min between sets
Week 2: 5 sets of 8 reps -- rest 2 min between sets
Week 3: 5 sets of 8 reps -- rest 1.5 min between sets

etc ...

Eventually you eliminate the rest period and do 40 straight push-ups.

SuperPro

SuperPro

Awards

For example:

etc ...

This sounds like a solid idea.

HotPumpkin

Awards
thanks for the help men! I will definitely give this a try, and keep you posted on results.

WarriorMp

WarriorMp

Awards
First question, is this for a military PFT test, cause max push ups on two min sounds like an APFT?

HotPumpkin

Awards
This sounds like a good chest/triceps day for a beginner, but like the others said you need to train all around to get the best results. For example for the other body parts other than chest/triceps things like this would work well:

Back: seated row machine, lat pulldowns, back extensions or deadlifts(lower back)

Shoulders: overhead press, lateral raise, front raise, rear delt raise

Biceps: bicep curls, hammer curls, concentration curls

Triceps: tricep extensions, dips, kickbacks

Lower Body: Squats, lunges, leg press machines, calf raises

Abdominals: crunches, reverse crunches, oblique twists, pelvic tilts

I wouldn't do those each on their own day though I would try to do days like: Chest/triceps, back/biceps, shoulders, legs, and do a couple abs exercises at the end of at least two of those workouts. Also aim for about 12 sets total each day, I would say 3-4 exercises for 3-4 sets each, not including the abs at the end.

The best thing you can do though to learn how to work out good with weights is find a workout partner who is experienced in weight lifting who can teach you. This will help you to learn proper form and it's also good to have someone there to help you out if you need a spot, especially when first getting into weights.
These workouts have me sore this is for sure! Can you give suggestions for a chest workout?
Also the Bench press is seemingly difficult as I don't have a spotter. I use the the smith machine, but I was told this doesn't help build strength. Are dumbbells a better option than a barbell?

SuperPro

SuperPro

Awards
These workouts have me sore this is for sure! Can you give suggestions for a chest workout?
Also the Bench press is seemingly difficult as I don't have a spotter. I use the the smith machine, but I was told this doesn't help build strength. Are dumbbells a better option than a barbell?
Yes dumbbells are a better option if you don't have a spotter than barbell or smith machine. In fact I use dumbbells a lot because I work out alone. A good chest day would be:

Flat dumbbell bench press, incline dumbbell bench press, standing cable flys(or flat dumbbell flys), pec deck(chest fly machine)

That should work well for a good chest day, if that's a little too much for you I would take out one of the last two exercises. Glad to hear you are putting the advice you've gotten here to use! Keep it up your strength will be through the roof!

HotPumpkin

Awards

For example:

etc ...

I have tried the 5 sets of 8 reps, many times....I must be a total weakling because on the 3rd set I can only do 6, I struggle immensely on the 7th. Need I continue to try for the 4th & 5th set?

chris223

Awards
  • Established
If you can't do five sets of eight, try five sets of six.