Unloading prohormone inventory for the ban?

Alpine

Alpine

Awards
  • Established
So when are we going to see some Prohormone deals? I remember DPS had dirt cheap ephedrine just before the ban.

Sledge - you plan on unloading some of that inventory? Most will probably try and sell it for the same price until the very last few days heh. I sure would like to see some reduced price m4ohn. Maybe 1fast400 will.....

Strateg0s

Awards
  • Established
Just before the ban most retailers will probably try to have as little stock as possible left to clear. At least one retailer has said that he is working from models so that he can estimate roughly how much he can sell, so that he doesn't end up with too much stock -- or having to sell all of that stock at very very low, or even negative margins.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
There will probably be some crazy deal coming up..so much so that it will make me sick over what I have paid so far.

Brodus

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The chilling effect of the ban has already occurred, so I'm certain we'll see blowouts.

It's not like they can sell off their old stock later. The margin argument isn't fully fleshed out-->if you have to dump your stock, the negative margin is much wider than if you sell it at or below cost.

Although forecasting from models is effective, especially with certain established data sets, I've never seen a model that I would apply confidently to the Prohormone market, compounded by legislative factors and the chilling effect. There are just too many variables to make a good call.

Sldge

Super Lab Rat
Awards
  • Established
I am working on a M4OHN deal, other then that I am almost completely out of stock of all of them. I may do a very limited run of M5AA (25mgs caps) and/or possibly Mdht 25mg caps. But that is it, I planned on running out before Xmas and I will probably do that with everything but M4OHN.

However I can say that if you have connections to wholesale in other countries, which most companies should have, I doubt youll see any really low prices. I know what ever I dont sell in time we be shipped overseas, so I wont have a 1 day left sale.

I wanted to be done before Jan so i could try and get the transdermal forumla done, the pheromone project finished and spend more time on the anti-e.

Brodus

Banned
Awards
  • Established
"However I can say that if you have connections to wholesale in other countries, which most companies should have, I doubt youll see any really low prices. I know what ever I dont sell in time we be shipped overseas, so I wont have a 1 day left sale."

Good point. I didn't consider this.

Maybe I don't understand the dynamics of the retail outlets, but I was assuming that they (bb.com, dps, etc.) wouldn't be able to send back unsold stock to distributors.

ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday

NutraPlanet has already started...they were selling M14add by DS for 20 bucks each and they are selling M5AA with a free M4OHN for a total of like 25 bucks! My biggest debate is to either buy most things now while they are available or take that chance and wait till sales pop up....I hope you do make the higher dose M5AA or MDHT Sledge! Anything you (Sledge), Custom, or Stryder do will sell like hot cakes because of prices and Quality of products and good reps.

Sldge

Super Lab Rat
Awards
  • Established
I have no idea if they could return product, i doubt it but i dont know, I dont have an account with them. I just know that there are still stores in the UK who can and will sell stuff after the Jan cut off date.
I wont wait till the last minute for the sales, like I said I hope to be done with all of them except Superdrol by Jan1. Nutraplanet has a real good sale now, I am working on another one, and probably one quick run of the m5aa or mdht, ill just see which one i want to go with. some people like one and not the other so maybe both, but it will be very limited, 100 bottles or less.
But then that is it, I want to release the pheromone, the stimulating fatburner and the CEE blend so I wont have time to focus in on the last minute sales.

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
There will probably be some crazy deal coming up..so much so that it will make me sick over what I have paid so far.

LOL especially some of us who paid thru the nose for m1t

200wannabe

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I just know that there are still stores in the UK who can and will sell stuff after the Jan cut off date.

Why is that? Can anybody from the Uk elaborate on how/when the ban is being introduced in the UK?

sweet-physique

sweet-physique

Awards
  • Established
I would love to hear what custom has planned for this. He still seems to be one of the last trusted guys with methylated powders available. His prices seem pretty low now, but will they or can he afford to drop them any lower before the ban? Any insight custom?

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
The only thing that may drop price wise for the powders is M-OHN powder. All the others are already pretty low, and I expect to be sold out of them well before the Jan. cut off date.

I may also do some case (12) specials, but other than that, my inventory is already very low, so I honestly expect to have everything gone why the deadline hits.

sweet-physique

sweet-physique

Awards
  • Established
The only thing that may drop price wise for the powders is M-OHN powder. All the others are already pretty low, and I expect to be sold out of them well before the Jan. cut off date.

I may also do some case (12) specials, but other than that, my inventory is already very low, so I honestly expect to have everything gone why the deadline hits.
That is what I figured. I'll be making an order soon with you Matt.

meathead1987

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
The ban isnt heppening in the UK, and probably never will.

PH are noiw classed as roids, it is legal to have a 90day supply.

Strateg0s

Awards
  • Established
Hey Meathead, Canada is a funny sort of place. It is legal to possess a personal supply of steroids, you just cannot buy, sell, trade, import, or export them. How does it work in the UK?

meathead1987

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
It is pretty much the same as that.

PH are a very strange issue though.

Random ones seem to be illegal/legal.

Off the top of my head:

Legal:
1AD
MD
M1T
M14ADD
14ADD

Classed as steroids:
M5AA
MDHT
4AD

bigswole30

bigswole30

Awards
  • Established
Imagine the struggles VPX is facing trying to unload prohorhones. We are sitting on over one million in inventory. This sucks for Jack Owoc, but it is awesome for me as I am sure I will get a few cases of the best products on the market.

Sldge

Super Lab Rat
Awards
  • Established
I dont know about the best products on the market, but free supps is always good.

You would think that having as many people as he does working for him, atleast one would have told him to stop making certain products and lower the price on some others. But then again what do i know.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
They could sell more if they lowered their damn prices.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Imagine the struggles VPX is facing trying to unload prohorhones. We are sitting on over one million in inventory. This sucks for Jack Owoc, but it is awesome for me as I am sure I will get a few cases of the best products on the market.
Ewok and OB-1 Kenobi :D

sicosico

Awards
  • Established
dude let them sell at 70 off direct from your online store, everyone is going to buy

lancelot

Banned
Awards
  • Established
At what sites/retailers will VPX ph's be dumped?

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Me.

I refuse to support the supplement whores of the industry like VPW and that like. I'd sooner give my money to guys like Sledge and Matt.

bigswole30

bigswole30

Awards
  • Established
What some of you guys are failing to relaize is that VPX can't just start selling the products dirt cheap direct. THat would piss our distributors off!

bigswole30

bigswole30

Awards
  • Established
I dont know about the best products on the market, but free supps is always good.

You would think that having as many people as he does working for him, atleast one would have told him to stop making certain products and lower the price on some others. But then again what do i know.
I see your point, but when you are doing as much business as VPX you can't just stop a product. Also, when making our prohormones we can't just do small runs. I think our minimum is around 2k per batch.

bigswole30

bigswole30

Awards
  • Established
Sucks to be VPX then huh? ;)
Nope. it sucks to be Omega, DS, and LG. VPX did around 1.2 million last month with prohormones only accounting for about 18%. Compare that % to the companies mentioned above.

bigswole30

bigswole30

Awards
  • Established
They could sell more if they lowered their damn prices.

Mysupplementstore.com is selling for about 30% off wholesale. WHile our methyls are still too much $$$$$$, our other products such as EQ, 4-HT, and 4-OHD these are great prices.

Strateg0s

Awards
  • Established
Am I missing something? Are you saying I am full of ****?
I don't know you, and you are probably a great guy. I am saying that I detest the shamelessness of VPX's claims which are knowingly hyperbolic to the point of falsehood, and their exploitive overpricing. The Supreme Court ruled that it was unjust to execute retards. I just checked what 30% "off wholesale" means - $36 for 1000mg of 1-test-cyp. (In fairness, the 4HT-cyp is not bad). I must say that the audacity of the company is no less impressive than its sales. More power to VPX. I just "pity the fool" who by the time it is in his hands pays the 1000% markup (minus overhead, and middleman profit, of course). Milk them while you can.

bigswole30

bigswole30

Awards
  • Established
I don't know you, and you are probably a great guy. I am saying that I detest the shamelessness of VPX's claims which are knowingly hyperbolic to the point of falsehood, and their exploitive overpricing. The Supreme Court ruled that it was unjust to execute retards. I just checked what 30% "off wholesale" means - $36 for 1000mg of 1-test-cyp. (In fairness, the 4HT-cyp is not bad). I must say that the audacity of the company is no less impressive than its sales. More power to VPX. I just "pity the fool" who by the time it is in his hands pays the 1000% markup (minus overhead, and middleman profit, of course). Milk them while you can.
In all honesty I respect you opinion, but I think too many people are blinded by todays garage supplement companies. It is easy to sell stuff dirt cheap when you have another 9-5 and run your company from your bedroom. Let me ask you this, would write Chevrolet complaing about their last commercial? You people kill me sometimes. You fail to realize this is a business. Why dont you ask DS and CNW what this stuff really cost? Yes, it is cheap, but VPX can't sell for what they do bc Jack is paying over a million i salaries, has two 20k sq foot buildings etc......Come one people, what do you think it cost to make a BMW, but do you go bitching?

bigswole30

bigswole30

Awards
  • Established
Let me ask you this while we are at it. What about the claims certain manufactures made about MethylD? Are you slaining them? 1mg per day? Kiss my ass? This crap hardly works at 10mg per day? What about the M4AD claims? This has been outfor months, but people are just now realizing what mg's it needs to be effective!

Strateg0s

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I think mdien was rushed to market. It should have been more broadly tested, and then priced decently in 5mg tabs. M4AD is a ridiculous product, which I don't know why it ever saw the light of day -- "Hey I found something that looks like **** on paper - let's run with it." Mdien, in theory, showed incredible promise -- which it then failed to measure up to.

As to the overhead incurred by VPX, I realize that there is a big difference compared to a garage operation. Nonetheless, the volume you move kind of belies the claims of having to feed the kids. If the owner pays a million in salaries, but sells a million bottles of stuff in a year, that accounts for $1/bottle. Whatever the overhead of VPX, this is not why its products are so expensive. VPX also gets volume deals on its production that are unthinkable for small-fries. I don't fail to realize that VPX is a business, I said that it is good for you that it is so successful, I just find it hilarious that people are willing to pay enormous sums of cash when there are other, immensely more economical ways of doing it. I brief, I am as in awe as I can be at the money-making genius of VPX. And no, I am not trying to be sarcastic.

As to the car company analogy, that probably don't want to use that one. Last year the car manufacturers lost $600 million in terms of ticket pricing vs production costs, BUT they made $1200 million on "low cost" financing and related schemes. Basically they have been pulling scams on a grand scale.

Last edited:

sicosico

Awards
  • Established
Guys in january first I would expect the phs to go dirst cheap like ephedra , especially big companies and distributors that can't get rid of it , so be patient , not all compnaies are going to have that, but many will

Sldge

Super Lab Rat
Awards
  • Established
Did VPX start out in 2, 20,000 sq.ft buildings? No. I thought Jack started out of his bedroom. everyone has to start somewhere, so as Strat just pointed out its all relative. You have your bills just like I have my bills.
2k is not a large amount for a min. run, and you could just stop producing them, its done all the time. Its called discontinuing a product. If he has millions of bottles in storage (which i am sure he does as do ergopharm etc) he could have stopped much early then he did. He took a chance, it didnt pay off, and it will do wonders for taxes. to have a loss that large it would be great for the books.
Its funny you bring up m4ad, doesnt VPX sell m4ad, called MAD? Ill take my methyl-dien anyday.

It sucks, it shouldnt matter, no one should get stuck with their inventory and have to trash it all. Good luck.

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
Strat, I gotta say: watching you work is a beautiful thing....

RESPECT!

sweet-physique

sweet-physique

Awards
  • Established
Sucks to be VPX then huh? ;)
You got the order of the words backwards. Normally the word sucks comes after the term VPX in 99.9999% of all posts. I believe Bigswole30 accounts for other .0001% of all VPX related posts.

sweet-physique

sweet-physique

Awards
  • Established
Am I missing something? Are you saying I am full of ****?
I don't know what strat's. intention was, but I inferred from this post that VPX might need a plumber because they will have to dump their PS/PH inventory after Jan. 20, 2005. That much stuff they are sitting on could really clog the toilet if they try to flush it.

bigswole30

bigswole30

Awards
  • Established
You got the order of the words backwards. Normally the word sucks comes after the term VPX in 99.9999% of all posts. I believe Bigswole30 accounts for other .0001% of all VPX related posts.
It is funny that people think VPX sucks, but then support companies making the products in their kitchen, lol

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
I don't know what strat's. intention was, but I inferred from this post that VPX might need a plumber because they will have to dump their PS/PH inventory after Jan. 20, 2005. That much stuff they are sitting on could really clog the toilet if they try to flush it.
This is *exactly* how I took his remark.

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
It is funny that people think VPX sucks, but then support companies making the products in their kitchen, lol
Sorry, I don't see anything funny about it. Very often, the larger the company the more toxic / burdensome its impact, while small-scale entrepreneurs are the source of many good things, including independence, innovation & prosperity.

I have no beef w/ you, big guy, or w/ VPX - which is just another acronym to me; but big is NOT automatically better, and siding w/ Wal-Mart against Mom's little dress shop - or w/ Enron against the off-the-grid posse - probably doesn't make the kind of impression you OR your employers really want.

What's good for General Bullmoose is NOT necessarily good for America - or anywhere else, for that matter...and schadenfreud is a bitch, ain't it?

Just my 2¢

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
I think MuscleTech sucks.

Trueprotein.com might bag me 2lbs of WPC in their kitchen. But I can buy it for $7.98, or less money if I buy quantity.

Maybe I'll reconsider and give MuscleTech $40 for the same **** (Nitrotech), because it's manufactured in a state of the art facility, which somehow makes it 40,000 times more anabolic. :rolleyes:

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
That's 50,000 more anabolic...moron. :D

In regards to poor old VPX and their "ungodly overhead and expenses"...why does not Wal-Mart, the nation's largest non-government employee and world's largest retailer at close to 2 billion per year...have insane prices because of operational expenses?