Intermittent fasting on a cutting cycle?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Registered User
    Ducoteycd's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  178 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    929

    Intermittent fasting on a cutting cycle?


    Has anybody tried this before? I'm seeing more articles and **** about IF and was just curious to know if anyone thinks it would work good with something like epistane or halodrol to lose fat while maintaining muscle.
    I'm currently bulking on a SD/epi cycle so it will be a while before my next cycle and I just wanted to know what other people thought.

  2. Registered User
    howwedo107's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,306
    Rep Power
    1941541

    Works well...currently doing it IF right now and I love it for appetite control
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
  3. Registered User
    Ducoteycd's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  178 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    929

    Awesome man, thanks for the reply!

    Got any suggestions on what compound to run while IF? I've currently got extra sd and some halo xt but is there anything else that would be worth trying?
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    howwedo107's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,306
    Rep Power
    1941541

    Quote Originally Posted by Ducoteycd
    Awesome man, thanks for the reply!

    Got any suggestions on what compound to run while IF? I've currently got extra sd and some halo xt but is there anything else that would be worth trying?
    Save sd for a bulk...I'm usually against aas for cutting but I understand we all have different goals so I'd go with epi or Hdrol
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
  5. Registered User
    Ducoteycd's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  178 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    929

    Ok cool thanks for the input. I'm going to try IF without any kind of aas beforehand so I can see how I feel about it first.

    I won't be running anything else until next semester because of a money shortage lol so I should have plenty of time to cut naturally first.
  6. Registered User
    howwedo107's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,306
    Rep Power
    1941541

    Quote Originally Posted by Ducoteycd
    Ok cool thanks for the input. I'm going to try IF without any kind of aas beforehand so I can see how I feel about it first.

    I won't be running anything else until next semester because of a money shortage lol so I should have plenty of time to cut naturally first.
    Good job bro you will do fine
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
  7. Registered User
    Syringe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by howwedo107 View Post
    Save sd for a bulk...I'm usually against aas for cutting but I understand we all have different goals so I'd go with epi or Hdrol
    If anything juice is a lot more important when cutting. Why would anyone gear to bulk and cut with nothing?

    Seems like a great way to wither away to nothing.

    And op....IF is a neat way to get ripped on. And you can use any steroid....what dictates fat loss is your diet. If you bloat easy with certain compounds just go lower with the carbs.
  8. Registered User
    howwedo107's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,306
    Rep Power
    1941541

    Quote Originally Posted by Syringe

    If anything juice is a lot more important when cutting. Why would anyone gear to bulk and cut with nothing?

    Seems like a great way to wither away to nothing.

    And op....IF is a neat way to get ripped on. And you can use any steroid....what dictates fat loss is your diet. If you bloat easy with certain compounds just go lower with the carbs.
    Bc if you cut correctly you won't lose muscle...the only time you NEED to be on anabolics to cut fat off without losing muscle is when you above your genetic limit...SMH sad
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
  9. Registered User
    Syringe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by howwedo107 View Post
    Bc if you cut correctly you won't lose muscle...the only time you NEED to be on anabolics to cut fat off without losing muscle is when you above your genetic limit...SMH sad

    LOL

    Well...that's the whole point in using steroids isn't it?
  10. Registered User
    howwedo107's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,306
    Rep Power
    1941541

    Quote Originally Posted by Syringe

    LOL

    Well...that's the whole point in using steroids isn't it?
    So everyone that uses steroids is above their genetic limit? Nice
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
  11. Registered User
    Syringe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by howwedo107 View Post
    So everyone that uses steroids is above their genetic limit? Nice
    I think someone should be close to their genetic limit. But I don't judge anyone wanting to get there quicker....steroids will get you there in a few months lol.
  12. Registered User
    howwedo107's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,306
    Rep Power
    1941541

    So lesson is OP is your not at your genetic limit for muscle growth listen to me and not the other guy....simple bro...any more questions OP feel free to PM
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
  13. Registered User
    Ducoteycd's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  178 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    929

    Quote Originally Posted by howwedo107 View Post
    Good job bro you will do fine
    Thanks man I am excited to try it out!
  14. Registered User
    Ducoteycd's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  178 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    929

    Quote Originally Posted by Syringe View Post
    If anything juice is a lot more important when cutting. Why would anyone gear to bulk and cut with nothing?

    Seems like a great way to wither away to nothing.

    And op....IF is a neat way to get ripped on. And you can use any steroid....what dictates fat loss is your diet. If you bloat easy with certain compounds just go lower with the carbs.
    And i definitely see your point about using juice while cutting. I just want to give IF a go before adding anabolics to the equation so i can see if it is even something i want to continue doing. Then if i feel like it is something that works for me I could try adding something extra.
  15. Registered User
    Ducoteycd's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  178 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    929

    Quote Originally Posted by howwedo107 View Post
    So lesson is OP is your not at your genetic limit for muscle growth listen to me and not the other guy....simple bro...any more questions OP feel free to PM
    Ok thanks again for the help man!
  16. Registered User
    Syringe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Ducoteycd View Post
    And i definitely see your point about using juice while cutting. I just want to give IF a go before adding anabolics to the equation so i can see if it is even something i want to continue doing. Then if i feel like it is something that works for me I could try adding something extra.

    Yeah bro it doesn't even have to do anything with genetic limits or anything like that as the guy with more posts than me says. The thing is that when going under certain bf levels a natty will have to sacrifice some muscle mass regardless of how good your training and diet are. You appear to be in good shape and I'm sure by cutting you mean going well under 10% bf as you seem to be lower than that in your avatar.

    Just doesn't make sense to grow a bunch of muscle while enhanced and than try to chisel it without any help.
  17. Registered User
    Ducoteycd's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  178 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    929

    Quote Originally Posted by Syringe View Post
    Yeah bro it doesn't even have to do anything with genetic limits or anything like that as the guy with more posts than me says. The thing is that when going under certain bf levels a natty will have to sacrifice some muscle mass regardless of how good your training and diet are. You appear to be in good shape and I'm sure by cutting you mean going well under 10% bf as you seem to be lower than that in your avatar.

    Just doesn't make sense to grow a bunch of muscle while enhanced and than try to chisel it without any help.
    I'm currently around 15% bf but I don't know for certain, my avatar photo was from a couple months ago so im not quite that lean anymore unfortunately. I want to get down somewhere between 7-9% bf but because i dont partake in any kind of bodybuilding competitions or anything like that i dont feel the need to really get any lower than that.

    And thanks for your input as well, i am trying to get different views and opinions about IF and both of you guys have been helpful in giving your opinions. My current cycle of sd and epi is actually my first one(smart, i know lol) and im a fan of trying different things before adding aas to them(used to be 150 lbs ~9% bf and currently 178 ~15%) so i will likely try a natty cut after this bulk and then when i have more money to get the necessary supps for a cycle then i will likely add something like epi or hdrol(or maybe both)
  18. Registered User
    Syringe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Ducoteycd View Post
    I'm currently around 15% bf but I don't know for certain, my avatar photo was from a couple months ago so im not quite that lean anymore unfortunately. I want to get down somewhere between 7-9% bf but because i dont partake in any kind of bodybuilding competitions or anything like that i dont feel the need to really get any lower than that.

    And thanks for your input as well, i am trying to get different views and opinions about IF and both of you guys have been helpful in giving your opinions. My current cycle of sd and epi is actually my first one(smart, i know lol) and im a fan of trying different things before adding aas to them(used to be 150 lbs ~9% bf and currently 178 ~15%) so i will likely try a natty cut after this bulk and then when i have more money to get the necessary supps for a cycle then i will likely add something like epi or hdrol(or maybe both)

    Hey bro...if you're still on right now and at 15% why not give something like leangains a go?

    My advise would be to not go any higher in bf....its just such a pain in the ass to get back down to a decent level and also any further gains are likely to be really sloppy.

    Check this layout of the leangains...it's pretty basic:

    rippedbody.jp/ intermittent-fasting-leangains-introduction-benefits

    You can always play around a bit with the setup but that's a basic guideline.

    hope this helps.
  19. Registered User
    Gerbil's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Idaho USA
    Posts
    2,721
    Rep Power
    48630

    Says the charismatic stallion that is cutting using test......

    Quote Originally Posted by howwedo107 View Post
    Save sd for a bulk...I'm usually against aas for cutting but I understand we all have different goals so I'd go with epi or Hdrol
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/223429-abscent-minded-log.html
    Quote Originally Posted by csa2179 View Post
    Pin the kittens with the tren, then attack the judges with the kittens, uppity bastards
  20. Registered User
    Bigchourico's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  251 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    1,506
    Rep Power
    3019757

    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbil
    Says the charismatic stallion that is cutting using test......
    Oh shiiiit, Lmao!!
  21. Registered User
    VS91588's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    702
    Rep Power
    46439

    Quote Originally Posted by Syringe

    If anything juice is a lot more important when cutting. Why would anyone gear to bulk and cut with nothing?

    Seems like a great way to wither away to nothing.

    And op....IF is a neat way to get ripped on. And you can use any steroid....what dictates fat loss is your diet. If you bloat easy with certain compounds just go lower with the carbs.
    Agreed! You can use AAS for anti-catabolism while on a calorie deficient diet. Androgen compounds help preserve muscle that was gained during a bulk. My friend is an NPC competitive bodybuilder and when he is preparing for a show he bumps the dosages on his Test-P compared to when he bulks. I know you are talking about SD but still.
  22. Registered User
    tnubs's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    3,248
    Rep Power
    23616

    IF will be torture on cycle if you cant control your hunger. I did it on a test cycle and it worked well.
    CELTIC LABS REP
  23. Registered User
    Ducoteycd's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  178 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    929

    Sorry for the late response guys!


    But yeah I'll check out leangains and give it a go for sure.
    And yeah I've been considering running test in the future as well I just haven't looked into that too much yet. Either way on my next cycle I'm looking to get cut the **** up haha. Or at least drop like 6 or 7% bf, but I know that's probably gonna be tough even with a solid diet in check.
  24. Registered User
    howwedo107's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,306
    Rep Power
    1941541

    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbil
    Says the charismatic stallion that is cutting using test......
    After I bulked for 9 weeks on test.....maybe if you were around to pay attention you would understand that
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
  25. Banned
    WARBIRDWS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,134
    Rep Power
    0

    On a recomp or bulk/lean bulk I'd say AAS or PH/DS are best served. With proper diet/protein and natty supplementation I think cutting you don't really need any gear. Just dont starve yourself or train stupid, do it right.
  26. Registered User
    Bigchourico's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  251 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    1,506
    Rep Power
    3019757

    Quote Originally Posted by howwedo107

    After I bulked for 9 weeks on test.....maybe if you were around to pay attention you would understand that
    It took you awhile to come up with that response.
  27. Registered User
    howwedo107's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,306
    Rep Power
    1941541

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigchourico

    It took you awhile to come up with that response.
    Sorry I have a life bro and can't always be on cool response tho your the man
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
  28. Registered User
    Bigchourico's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  251 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    1,506
    Rep Power
    3019757

    Quote Originally Posted by howwedo107

    Sorry I have a life bro and can't always be on cool response tho your the man
    Life ,you've been posting non stop for days? And no you're the man/// who dosent practice what he preaches.lol
  29. Registered User
    howwedo107's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    5,306
    Rep Power
    1941541

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigchourico

    Life ,you've been posting non stop for days? And no you're the man/// who dosent practice what he preaches.lol
    Big difference between a cut and recomp bro I'm recomping not cutting.....lets see your pic bro at your stats you must be umm stacked!!! I'm sure almost no fat either like a boss

    Edit: nvm on the pic just saw 36" waist...ill see enough of them at the fair later
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
  30. Registered User
    Bigchourico's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  251 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    1,506
    Rep Power
    3019757

    Quote Originally Posted by howwedo107

    Big difference between a cut and recomp bro I'm recomping not cutting.....lets see your pic bro at your stats you must be umm stacked!!! I'm sure almost no fat either like a boss

    Edit: nvm on the pic just saw 36" waist...ill enough of them at the fair later
    Lmfao. Ok
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. SD on a cutting cycle?
    By Scitronix in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-05-2005, 02:08 PM
  2. 4-AD on a cutting cycle?
    By chasec in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-09-2004, 06:39 PM
  3. Comments on a cutting cycle (Clen,M5AA)
    By Vice in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-11-2004, 03:04 PM
  4. Opinions on this cutting cycle needed
    By Bryan in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-26-2003, 06:00 PM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-01-2003, 11:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.