Intermittent fasting on a cutting cycle?

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.4%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by WARBIRDWS6 View Post
    yeah roids can be helpful for ANYTHING and ANYTIME! thats for sure....but you should be taking some time off, and how many of us aren't cutting/recomping or bulking at any given time? we are usually doing one of those three OR doing PCT (not many people just take "off time" where they do nothing specific but eat maintenance and do basic workouts). So during cuts is a good time for me to just use natty supps, gray area stuff (like 7/11), things like that. I don't want to be on this stuff all the time, taking a break is good....plus the natty stuff is pretty effective nowadays.
    Spoken from the guy who advocates using Andromass year round

2. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.78%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by vidapreta View Post
    Spoken from the guy who advocates using Andromass year round
    haha, at this point i am actually speaking out of both sides of my mouth....I just started TRT a month and a half ago, so technically I am "on" all year round....but I practiced what I preach before the TRT, so most of what I say is from the non-TRT guy I was for 99.9% of my life. I will say this, to each their own....if you don't mind being on something while cutting/recomping/bulking (much of the year)? and got the cash? and are willing to buy support supps? then by all means cut with gear and/or PH/DS....hell, I used 3-400mg of test once to rip off a bunch of fat I had accumulated while being sedentary from a health issue for 6 months. fastest most effective cut of my life ....but i usually choose to go the natty route for my cuts...for the reasons I explained before....
  3. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.86%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by WARBIRDWS6 View Post
    c'mon now man.....you are telling me you can't stop catabolism via your diet/training and using todays OTC supplementation? I can.

Catabolism is merely the breaking down of polymers into monomers. It is a necessity . it will happen, and it does happen. through hormonal manipulation or very slow weight loss, you can control what % of protein is broken down, but ultimately, some will. It is biologically impossible to not catabolize protein to some extent, however minute, during a cut ( or calorie deficit significant enough to induce speedy weightloss).
    For me, the action IS the juice.
    •   

4. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.78%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by soontobbeast View Post
    Catabolism is merely the breaking down of polymers into monomers. It is a necessity . it will happen, and it does happen. through hormonal manipulation or very slow weight loss, you can control what % of protein is broken down, but ultimately, some will. It is biologically impossible to not catabolize protein to some extent, however minute, during a cut ( or calorie deficit significant enough to induce speedy weightloss).
    true, but you can keep it to a minimum by having everything within your control spot on (training, nutrition, rest etc).....anabolics can only help with catabolism, but just saying that you gotta take some time off from AAS and PH/DS (or at least I like to)....so for me cutting is the best time to do so. I really feel gear is best suited for recomps or bulks (any time you want to build muscle)....but like i said last post, I've used test or PH/DS to cut before, just not nearly as much as on recomp or bulk.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.15%

Gaining or losing "weight" is relatively easy. Anabolics allow you to gain more lbm than fat and conversely allow you to lose more fat than lbm -- assuming diet and training are adjusted accordingly for either goal.
  6. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.75%

I would not jump into IF if you have never tried it, chances are you will fail hard i think. 2nd yes you should use a ph to cut so you can preserve muscle. 3rd its all about diet, you can bulk or cut on IF.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  178 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.23%

Quote Originally Posted by SDking
    I would not jump into IF if you have never tried it, chances are you will fail hard i think. 2nd yes you should use a ph to cut so you can preserve muscle. 3rd its all about diet, you can bulk or cut on IF.
    Straight to the point haha thanks man. I plan on trying IF in short increments first and moving up until I feel like I have it down before going full on into it.
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.36%

I'm currently recomping on SD no problem.

Similar Forum Threads

1. SD on a cutting cycle?
    By Scitronix in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-05-2005, 03:08 PM
  2. 4-AD on a cutting cycle?
    By chasec in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-09-2004, 07:39 PM
  3. Comments on a cutting cycle (Clen,M5AA)
    By Vice in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-11-2004, 04:04 PM
  4. Opinions on this cutting cycle needed
    By Bryan in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-26-2003, 07:00 PM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-02-2003, 12:18 AM