Intermittent fasting on a cutting cycle?

Ducoteycd

Ducoteycd

Awards
Has anybody tried this before? I'm seeing more articles and **** about IF and was just curious to know if anyone thinks it would work good with something like epistane or halodrol to lose fat while maintaining muscle.
I'm currently bulking on a SD/epi cycle so it will be a while before my next cycle and I just wanted to know what other people thought.

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Works well...currently doing it IF right now and I love it for appetite control

Ducoteycd

Ducoteycd

Awards
Awesome man, thanks for the reply!

Got any suggestions on what compound to run while IF? I've currently got extra sd and some halo xt but is there anything else that would be worth trying?

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome man, thanks for the reply!

Got any suggestions on what compound to run while IF? I've currently got extra sd and some halo xt but is there anything else that would be worth trying?
Save sd for a bulk...I'm usually against aas for cutting but I understand we all have different goals so I'd go with epi or Hdrol

Ducoteycd

Ducoteycd

Awards
Ok cool thanks for the input. I'm going to try IF without any kind of aas beforehand so I can see how I feel about it first.

I won't be running anything else until next semester because of a money shortage lol so I should have plenty of time to cut naturally first.

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok cool thanks for the input. I'm going to try IF without any kind of aas beforehand so I can see how I feel about it first.

I won't be running anything else until next semester because of a money shortage lol so I should have plenty of time to cut naturally first.
Good job bro :) you will do fine

Syringe

Awards
Save sd for a bulk...I'm usually against aas for cutting but I understand we all have different goals so I'd go with epi or Hdrol
If anything juice is a lot more important when cutting. Why would anyone gear to bulk and cut with nothing?

Seems like a great way to wither away to nothing.

And op....IF is a neat way to get ripped on. And you can use any steroid....what dictates fat loss is your diet. If you bloat easy with certain compounds just go lower with the carbs.

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If anything juice is a lot more important when cutting. Why would anyone gear to bulk and cut with nothing?

And op....IF is a neat way to get ripped on. And you can use any steroid....what dictates fat loss is your diet. If you bloat easy with certain compounds just go lower with the carbs.
Bc if you cut correctly you won't lose muscle...the only time you NEED to be on anabolics to cut fat off without losing muscle is when you above your genetic limit...SMH sad

Syringe

Awards
Bc if you cut correctly you won't lose muscle...the only time you NEED to be on anabolics to cut fat off without losing muscle is when you above your genetic limit...SMH sad

LOL

Well...that's the whole point in using steroids isn't it?

Syringe

Awards
So everyone that uses steroids is above their genetic limit? Nice
I think someone should be close to their genetic limit. But I don't judge anyone wanting to get there quicker....steroids will get you there in a few months lol.

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So lesson is OP is your not at your genetic limit for muscle growth listen to me and not the other guy....simple bro...any more questions OP feel free to PM

Ducoteycd

Ducoteycd

Awards

And i definitely see your point about using juice while cutting. I just want to give IF a go before adding anabolics to the equation so i can see if it is even something i want to continue doing. Then if i feel like it is something that works for me I could try adding something extra.

Ducoteycd

Ducoteycd

Awards
So lesson is OP is your not at your genetic limit for muscle growth listen to me and not the other guy....simple bro...any more questions OP feel free to PM
Ok thanks again for the help man!

Syringe

Awards
And i definitely see your point about using juice while cutting. I just want to give IF a go before adding anabolics to the equation so i can see if it is even something i want to continue doing. Then if i feel like it is something that works for me I could try adding something extra.

Yeah bro it doesn't even have to do anything with genetic limits or anything like that as the guy with more posts than me says. The thing is that when going under certain bf levels a natty will have to sacrifice some muscle mass regardless of how good your training and diet are. You appear to be in good shape and I'm sure by cutting you mean going well under 10% bf as you seem to be lower than that in your avatar.

Just doesn't make sense to grow a bunch of muscle while enhanced and than try to chisel it without any help.

Ducoteycd

Ducoteycd

Awards
Yeah bro it doesn't even have to do anything with genetic limits or anything like that as the guy with more posts than me says. The thing is that when going under certain bf levels a natty will have to sacrifice some muscle mass regardless of how good your training and diet are. You appear to be in good shape and I'm sure by cutting you mean going well under 10% bf as you seem to be lower than that in your avatar.

Just doesn't make sense to grow a bunch of muscle while enhanced and than try to chisel it without any help.
I'm currently around 15% bf but I don't know for certain, my avatar photo was from a couple months ago so im not quite that lean anymore unfortunately. I want to get down somewhere between 7-9% bf but because i dont partake in any kind of bodybuilding competitions or anything like that i dont feel the need to really get any lower than that.

And thanks for your input as well, i am trying to get different views and opinions about IF and both of you guys have been helpful in giving your opinions. My current cycle of sd and epi is actually my first one(smart, i know lol) and im a fan of trying different things before adding aas to them(used to be 150 lbs ~9% bf and currently 178 ~15%) so i will likely try a natty cut after this bulk and then when i have more money to get the necessary supps for a cycle then i will likely add something like epi or hdrol(or maybe both)

Syringe

Awards
I'm currently around 15% bf but I don't know for certain, my avatar photo was from a couple months ago so im not quite that lean anymore unfortunately. I want to get down somewhere between 7-9% bf but because i dont partake in any kind of bodybuilding competitions or anything like that i dont feel the need to really get any lower than that.

And thanks for your input as well, i am trying to get different views and opinions about IF and both of you guys have been helpful in giving your opinions. My current cycle of sd and epi is actually my first one(smart, i know lol) and im a fan of trying different things before adding aas to them(used to be 150 lbs ~9% bf and currently 178 ~15%) so i will likely try a natty cut after this bulk and then when i have more money to get the necessary supps for a cycle then i will likely add something like epi or hdrol(or maybe both)

Hey bro...if you're still on right now and at 15% why not give something like leangains a go?

My advise would be to not go any higher in bf....its just such a pain in the ass to get back down to a decent level and also any further gains are likely to be really sloppy.

Check this layout of the leangains...it's pretty basic:

rippedbody.jp/ intermittent-fasting-leangains-introduction-benefits

You can always play around a bit with the setup but that's a basic guideline.

hope this helps.

Gerbil

Gerbil

Awards
  • Established
Says the charismatic stallion that is cutting using test......

VS91588

VS91588

Awards

Agreed! You can use AAS for anti-catabolism while on a calorie deficient diet. Androgen compounds help preserve muscle that was gained during a bulk. My friend is an NPC competitive bodybuilder and when he is preparing for a show he bumps the dosages on his Test-P compared to when he bulks. I know you are talking about SD but still.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
IF will be torture on cycle if you cant control your hunger. I did it on a test cycle and it worked well.

Ducoteycd

Ducoteycd

Awards
Sorry for the late response guys!

But yeah I'll check out leangains and give it a go for sure.
And yeah I've been considering running test in the future as well I just haven't looked into that too much yet. Either way on my next cycle I'm looking to get cut the **** up haha. Or at least drop like 6 or 7% bf, but I know that's probably gonna be tough even with a solid diet in check.

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
On a recomp or bulk/lean bulk I'd say AAS or PH/DS are best served. With proper diet/protein and natty supplementation I think cutting you don't really need any gear. Just dont starve yourself or train stupid, do it right.

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Life ,you've been posting non stop for days? And no you're the man/// who dosent practice what he preaches.lol
Big difference between a cut and recomp bro I'm recomping not cutting.....lets see your pic bro at your stats you must be umm stacked!!! I'm sure almost no fat either like a boss

Edit: nvm on the pic just saw 36" waist...ill see enough of them at the fair later

Bigchourico

Bigchourico

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Big difference between a cut and recomp bro I'm recomping not cutting.....lets see your pic bro at your stats you must be umm stacked!!! I'm sure almost no fat either like a boss

Edit: nvm on the pic just saw 36" waist...ill enough of them at the fair later
Lmfao. Ok

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
big difference between cut and recomp....you can drop fat and preserve muscle w/o any sort of gear or PH/DS (as I stated with proper diet and training) on a straight up cut....BUT on a recomp you are looking to add muscle/burn fat or "recompose" your body :D so building muscle, esp in the absence of additional calories some of the days (since you'll be zigzagging calories from maintenance to deficit to surplus), requires some anabolic aid....

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
big difference between cut and recomp....you can drop fat and preserve muscle w/o any sort of gear or PH/DS (as I stated with proper diet and training) on a straight up cut....BUT on a recomp you are looking to add muscle/burn fat or "recompose" your body :D so building muscle, esp in the absence of additional calories some of the days (since you'll be zigzagging calories from maintenance to deficit to surplus), requires some anabolic aid....
I agree with everything you've said, but I personally feel that steroids can be usefull on a cut. Definitely in my experience it helps me keep most of my lbm.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
I agree with everything you've said, but I personally feel that steroids can be usefull on a cut. Definitely in my experience it helps me keep most of my lbm.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2
yeah roids can be helpful for ANYTHING and ANYTIME! :D thats for sure....but you should be taking some time off, and how many of us aren't cutting/recomping or bulking at any given time? we are usually doing one of those three OR doing PCT (not many people just take "off time" where they do nothing specific but eat maintenance and do basic workouts). So during cuts is a good time for me to just use natty supps, gray area stuff (like 7/11), things like that. I don't want to be on this stuff all the time, taking a break is good....plus the natty stuff is pretty effective nowadays.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established

i don't understand.

AAS shine most during a cut.

it is during this time when AAS fight against physiologically inevitable [protein] catabolism

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
c'mon now man.....you are telling me you can't stop catabolism via your diet/training and using todays OTC supplementation? I can. :D
AAS is a great way to fight against anti-catabolism. Its all about your goals but what is your anti-catabolism stack if you do not mind me asking. Just asking because I think it would wise to know when you cycle off. It never hurts to learn

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
AAS is a great way to fight against anti-catabolism. Its all about your goals but what is your anti-catabolism stack if you do not mind me asking. Just asking because I think it would wise to know when you cycle off. It never hurts to learn
I use something such as a cortisol control agent (7/11 or reduce XT or PS).....Some sort of test booster and/or test base (say DAA and dermacrine), personally I always use an AI since I always seem to need one, anabeta and/or GDA, BCAA, glutamine peptides, keep protein intake above 1 gram per lb BW, high fats, all things you would do in PCT for instance....they can be used when cutting as well. If you are not being stupid and training wrong, causing all sorts of damage that your caloric intake can't repair (as in training like you are bulking)....and you're not skimping on the protein/aminos....I just don't see why you are going to catabolize any muscle even if you don't use any supps. If your diet and training are in check, you will be fine....there is no need to rely on AAS as a crutch when you can achieve the same thing by knowing what to do with your nutrition and training (and supplementation). There are TONS of effective OTC supplements out there today.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yeah roids can be helpful for ANYTHING and ANYTIME! :D thats for sure....but you should be taking some time off, and how many of us aren't cutting/recomping or bulking at any given time? we are usually doing one of those three OR doing PCT (not many people just take "off time" where they do nothing specific but eat maintenance and do basic workouts). So during cuts is a good time for me to just use natty supps, gray area stuff (like 7/11), things like that. I don't want to be on this stuff all the time, taking a break is good....plus the natty stuff is pretty effective nowadays.
Spoken from the guy who advocates using Andromass year round:lol:

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Spoken from the guy who advocates using Andromass year round:lol:
haha, at this point i am actually speaking out of both sides of my mouth....I just started TRT a month and a half ago, so technically I am "on" all year round....but I practiced what I preach before the TRT, so most of what I say is from the non-TRT guy I was for 99.9% of my life. I will say this, to each their own....if you don't mind being on something while cutting/recomping/bulking (much of the year)? and got the cash? and are willing to buy support supps? then by all means cut with gear and/or PH/DS....hell, I used 3-400mg of test once to rip off a bunch of fat I had accumulated while being sedentary from a health issue for 6 months. fastest most effective cut of my life :D....but i usually choose to go the natty route for my cuts...for the reasons I explained before....

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
c'mon now man.....you are telling me you can't stop catabolism via your diet/training and using todays OTC supplementation? I can. :D

Catabolism is merely the breaking down of polymers into monomers. It is a necessity . it will happen, and it does happen. through hormonal manipulation or very slow weight loss, you can control what % of protein is broken down, but ultimately, some will. It is biologically impossible to not catabolize protein to some extent, however minute, during a cut ( or calorie deficit significant enough to induce speedy weightloss).

WARBIRDWS6

WARBIRDWS6

Banned
Awards
Catabolism is merely the breaking down of polymers into monomers. It is a necessity . it will happen, and it does happen. through hormonal manipulation or very slow weight loss, you can control what % of protein is broken down, but ultimately, some will. It is biologically impossible to not catabolize protein to some extent, however minute, during a cut ( or calorie deficit significant enough to induce speedy weightloss).
true, but you can keep it to a minimum by having everything within your control spot on (training, nutrition, rest etc).....anabolics can only help with catabolism, but just saying that you gotta take some time off from AAS and PH/DS (or at least I like to)....so for me cutting is the best time to do so. I really feel gear is best suited for recomps or bulks (any time you want to build muscle)....but like i said last post, I've used test or PH/DS to cut before, just not nearly as much as on recomp or bulk.

jerrysiii

jerrysiii

Awards
  • Established
Gaining or losing "weight" is relatively easy. Anabolics allow you to gain more lbm than fat and conversely allow you to lose more fat than lbm -- assuming diet and training are adjusted accordingly for either goal.

SDking

SDking

Banned
Awards
I would not jump into IF if you have never tried it, chances are you will fail hard i think. 2nd yes you should use a ph to cut so you can preserve muscle. 3rd its all about diet, you can bulk or cut on IF.

Ducoteycd

Ducoteycd

Awards
I would not jump into IF if you have never tried it, chances are you will fail hard i think. 2nd yes you should use a ph to cut so you can preserve muscle. 3rd its all about diet, you can bulk or cut on IF.
Straight to the point haha thanks man. I plan on trying IF in short increments first and moving up until I feel like I have it down before going full on into it.

fightclub2012

fightclub2012

Awards
  • Established
I'm currently recomping on SD no problem.