how do you change your diet while on PHs?

uvawahoowa

Awards
Planning my first cycle, currently macros are 400c/100f/300p and I'm ~195lbs on a lean bulk. What changes do I need to make when I go on cycle, and do I reassess macros when I hit pct or wait until after?

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Lots of variables here. Depends on what your goals are, what compounds you're using, what type of training on cycle you're doing, etc.

For example if i was on test and tren, i'd be eating 1k over BMR for a lean bulk; remember without anabolics 500 cals above BMR is considered your basic level for lean gains.

uvawahoowa

Awards
Lots of variables here. Depends on what your goals are, what compounds you're using, what type of training on cycle you're doing, etc.

For example if i was on test and tren, i'd be eating 1k over BMR for a lean bulk; remember without anabolics 500 cals above BMR is considered your basic level for lean gains.
Good point. My goals are adding lean mass and strength. I do a basic bodybuilding split, 5 days/ week, high volume w/2 days hiit cardio. Planning on going on helladrol 6 weeks.

uvawahoowa

Awards
Good point. My goals are adding lean mass and strength. I do a basic bodybuilding split, 5 days/ week, high volume w/2 days hiit cardio. Planning on going on helladrol 6 weeks.
Right now I am about 400-500 over maintenance

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
For helladrol i'd eat about 500 cals over BMR. You're on the right track for some nice lean gains. If your already putting on nice lean mass at your current surplus level, maybe even increase that a few hundred cals. It's not a bad idea to see how the first 3 weeks go (should kick in by week 2). Then after the third week check your progress and play with the calories if needed.

uvawahoowa

Awards
For helladrol i'd eat about 500 cals over BMR. You're on the right track for some nice lean gains. If your already putting on nice lean mass at your current surplus level, maybe even increase that a few hundred cals. It's not a bad idea to see how the first 3 weeks go (should kick in by week 2). Then after the third week check your progress and play with the calories if needed.
Ok, no specific increase in protein? Or is this a compound that will not increase protein synthesis?

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Ok, no specific increase in protein? Or is this a compound that will not increase protein synthesis?
Any raise in testosterone will raise protein synthesis above baseline. Any increase in calories on cycle should be an increase in all macros. Normally i take in less than 1g of protein per lb of weight. On cycle i increase that to 1.5g at least. Take full advantage of your body working above optimal levels.

uvawahoowa

Awards
Any raise in testosterone will raise protein synthesis. Any increase in calories on cycle should be an increase in all macros. Normally i take in less than 1g of protein per lb of weight. On cycle i increase that to 1.5g at least. Take full advantage of your body working above optimal levels.
Ok, I am at 1.5g/lb protein right now...maybe I will increase to 1.75 on cycle and go from there. That would put me at 600-700 cals over maintenance

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Ok, I am at 1.5g/lb protein right now...maybe I will increase to 1.75 on cycle and go from there. That would put me at 600-700 cals over maintenance
Sounds great. Just remember, if you're not seeing results after the hdrol kicks in, change up the calories.

TheDeadlifter

TheDeadlifter

Awards
  • Established
I haven't kept track of my macros and caloric intake in years. I just eat. When you're experienced enough with your diet then you know what to eat and when to eat it. If you're new to this then keep track of your food intake, adjust when needed, and grow. Everyone is different so you'll have to experiment with what works for you. If I ate 3000-3500cals a day I'd probably starve and lose 60lbs (no joke). What works for others is not what will necessarily work for you and your goals.

uvawahoowa

Awards
I haven't kept track of my macros and caloric intake in years. I just eat. When you're experienced enough with your diet then you know what to eat and when to eat it. If you're new to this then keep track of your food intake, adjust when needed, and grow. Everyone is different so you'll have to experiment with what works for you. If I ate 3000-3500cals a day I'd probably starve and lose 60lbs (no joke). What works for others is not what will necessarily work for you and your goals.
I've been doing this for years natty and feel much more comfortable when tracking than not. Last bulk I didn't track and ate way too much and gained too much bf.