how do you change your diet while on PHs?

  1. Senior Member
    uvawahoowa's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,482
    Rep Power
    31243
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    98.39%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    how do you change your diet while on PHs?


    Planning my first cycle, currently macros are 400c/100f/300p and I'm ~195lbs on a lean bulk. What changes do I need to make when I go on cycle, and do I reassess macros when I hit pct or wait until after?

  2. Senior Member
    Rhadam's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,716
    Rep Power
    390236
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    19.88%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Lots of variables here. Depends on what your goals are, what compounds you're using, what type of training on cycle you're doing, etc.

    For example if i was on test and tren, i'd be eating 1k over BMR for a lean bulk; remember without anabolics 500 cals above BMR is considered your basic level for lean gains.
    ~ Serious Nutrition Solutions ~
    Revolutionizing Nutrition, AND your body!
    Rhadam [@] seriousnutritionsolutions.com
  3. Senior Member
    uvawahoowa's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,482
    Rep Power
    31243
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    98.39%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhadam
    Lots of variables here. Depends on what your goals are, what compounds you're using, what type of training on cycle you're doing, etc.

    For example if i was on test and tren, i'd be eating 1k over BMR for a lean bulk; remember without anabolics 500 cals above BMR is considered your basic level for lean gains.
    Good point. My goals are adding lean mass and strength. I do a basic bodybuilding split, 5 days/ week, high volume w/2 days hiit cardio. Planning on going on helladrol 6 weeks.
    •   
       

  4. Senior Member
    uvawahoowa's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,482
    Rep Power
    31243
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    98.39%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by uvawahoowa

    Good point. My goals are adding lean mass and strength. I do a basic bodybuilding split, 5 days/ week, high volume w/2 days hiit cardio. Planning on going on helladrol 6 weeks.
    Right now I am about 400-500 over maintenance
  5. Senior Member
    Rhadam's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,716
    Rep Power
    390236
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    19.88%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    For helladrol i'd eat about 500 cals over BMR. You're on the right track for some nice lean gains. If your already putting on nice lean mass at your current surplus level, maybe even increase that a few hundred cals. It's not a bad idea to see how the first 3 weeks go (should kick in by week 2). Then after the third week check your progress and play with the calories if needed.
    ~ Serious Nutrition Solutions ~
    Revolutionizing Nutrition, AND your body!
    Rhadam [@] seriousnutritionsolutions.com
  6. Senior Member
    uvawahoowa's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,482
    Rep Power
    31243
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    98.39%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhadam
    For helladrol i'd eat about 500 cals over BMR. You're on the right track for some nice lean gains. If your already putting on nice lean mass at your current surplus level, maybe even increase that a few hundred cals. It's not a bad idea to see how the first 3 weeks go (should kick in by week 2). Then after the third week check your progress and play with the calories if needed.
    Ok, no specific increase in protein? Or is this a compound that will not increase protein synthesis?
  7. Senior Member
    Rhadam's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,716
    Rep Power
    390236
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    19.88%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by uvawahoowa View Post
    Ok, no specific increase in protein? Or is this a compound that will not increase protein synthesis?
    Any raise in testosterone will raise protein synthesis above baseline. Any increase in calories on cycle should be an increase in all macros. Normally i take in less than 1g of protein per lb of weight. On cycle i increase that to 1.5g at least. Take full advantage of your body working above optimal levels.
    ~ Serious Nutrition Solutions ~
    Revolutionizing Nutrition, AND your body!
    Rhadam [@] seriousnutritionsolutions.com
  8. Senior Member
    uvawahoowa's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,482
    Rep Power
    31243
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    98.39%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhadam

    Any raise in testosterone will raise protein synthesis. Any increase in calories on cycle should be an increase in all macros. Normally i take in less than 1g of protein per lb of weight. On cycle i increase that to 1.5g at least. Take full advantage of your body working above optimal levels.
    Ok, I am at 1.5g/lb protein right now...maybe I will increase to 1.75 on cycle and go from there. That would put me at 600-700 cals over maintenance
  9. Senior Member
    Rhadam's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,716
    Rep Power
    390236
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    19.88%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by uvawahoowa View Post
    Ok, I am at 1.5g/lb protein right now...maybe I will increase to 1.75 on cycle and go from there. That would put me at 600-700 cals over maintenance
    Sounds great. Just remember, if you're not seeing results after the hdrol kicks in, change up the calories.
    ~ Serious Nutrition Solutions ~
    Revolutionizing Nutrition, AND your body!
    Rhadam [@] seriousnutritionsolutions.com
  10. Advanced Member
    TheDeadlifter's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  253 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Age
    37
    Posts
    622
    Rep Power
    10077
    Level
    20
    Lv. Percent
    32.49%

    I haven't kept track of my macros and caloric intake in years. I just eat. When you're experienced enough with your diet then you know what to eat and when to eat it. If you're new to this then keep track of your food intake, adjust when needed, and grow. Everyone is different so you'll have to experiment with what works for you. If I ate 3000-3500cals a day I'd probably starve and lose 60lbs (no joke). What works for others is not what will necessarily work for you and your goals.
    -- JB \m/
    "There is no point in being alive if you cannot do the deadlift." - Jon Pall Sigmarsson
  11. Senior Member
    uvawahoowa's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,482
    Rep Power
    31243
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    98.39%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadlifter
    I haven't kept track of my macros and caloric intake in years. I just eat. When you're experienced enough with your diet then you know what to eat and when to eat it. If you're new to this then keep track of your food intake, adjust when needed, and grow. Everyone is different so you'll have to experiment with what works for you. If I ate 3000-3500cals a day I'd probably starve and lose 60lbs (no joke). What works for others is not what will necessarily work for you and your goals.
    I've been doing this for years natty and feel much more comfortable when tracking than not. Last bulk I didn't track and ate way too much and gained too much bf.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. How do "YOU" keep your gains on PCT?
    By hove131 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 05-08-2011, 02:49 PM
  2. how do you change workout program on the juice?
    By krogtaar in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-25-2008, 11:51 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-09-2007, 01:28 PM
  4. How offten do you change your diet?
    By dazilla in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-26-2007, 05:05 PM
  5. How do you change this?
    By IronMike in forum General Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-13-2002, 09:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in