Taking PH's with naturally low testosterone

AusTrancer

Awards
Hey guys, will try to keep this short.

I've been to an endocrinologist and have had multiple blood work done in regards to having low T. The highest of these came in at 290. Apparently this is within the 'normal' range (I believe its 250-1000 or something close to that) so the endo said there was nothing to worry about and sent me on my way.

I've been training hard for 18 months now and have seen crap all gains for this time. I take it very seriously and never miss a lifting session (5 days a week) and take diet very seriously, counting all calories and weighing foods (trying to bulk and eating 3400 cals a day).

I'm very tempted to try a cycle. Normally I know it would not be reccommended as my stats are 5'11" @ 155lbs (probs around 12% bf), which I know is nothing but I feel like having low T has stopped my progress. Feels like im wasting my time.

Do you think I should try a mild PH cycle (thinking hdrol)?

Would having low T mean that any gains made on cycle would not be able to be maintained?

Any advice is much appreicated brahs

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Honestly, if your diet is as good as you say you should be gaining weight. If you're not making gains you're simply not eating enough. With your range for test at 300 that's not terrible, but it's enough to build muscle lol.

I say this coming from the same situation. I had basement level test when i started lifting hard, and i thought that was my problem. It wasn't. The second i started downing 4k cals a day i gained weight. And i started at 6'1 155. I thought i was eating in surplus, i was counting cals, but i simply wasn't eating enough. Fast food and ranch and chocolate was the key to my initial gains. As much calorie dense food as i could find, and lots of it.

AusTrancer

Awards
Honestly, if your diet is as good as you say you should be gaining weight. If you're not making gains you're simply not eating enough. With your range for test at 300 that's not terrible, but it's enough to build muscle lol.

I say this coming from the same situation. I had basement level test when i started lifting hard, and i thought that was my problem. It wasn't. The second i started downing 4k cals a day i gained weight. And i started at 6'1 155. I thought i was eating in surplus, i was counting cals, but i simply wasn't eating enough. Fast food and ranch and chocolate was the key to my initial gains. As much calorie dense food as i could find, and lots of it.
Cheers for the reply man. Your probably right, I most likely do need to eat more. Just seems that 3.5k calories is alot but i guess i need more. It feels like I put on more fat than muscle when i do gain weight though, but maybe thats just in my head

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm going to say it's in your head, which is common for guys that are lean. The mind is very strong.