1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.5%

Taking PH's with naturally low testosterone

Hey guys, will try to keep this short.

I've been to an endocrinologist and have had multiple blood work done in regards to having low T. The highest of these came in at 290. Apparently this is within the 'normal' range (I believe its 250-1000 or something close to that) so the endo said there was nothing to worry about and sent me on my way.

I've been training hard for 18 months now and have seen crap all gains for this time. I take it very seriously and never miss a lifting session (5 days a week) and take diet very seriously, counting all calories and weighing foods (trying to bulk and eating 3400 cals a day).

I'm very tempted to try a cycle. Normally I know it would not be reccommended as my stats are 5'11" @ 155lbs (probs around 12% bf), which I know is nothing but I feel like having low T has stopped my progress. Feels like im wasting my time.

Do you think I should try a mild PH cycle (thinking hdrol)?

Would having low T mean that any gains made on cycle would not be able to be maintained?

Any advice is much appreicated brahs

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.03%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Honestly, if your diet is as good as you say you should be gaining weight. If you're not making gains you're simply not eating enough. With your range for test at 300 that's not terrible, but it's enough to build muscle lol.

I say this coming from the same situation. I had basement level test when i started lifting hard, and i thought that was my problem. It wasn't. The second i started downing 4k cals a day i gained weight. And i started at 6'1 155. I thought i was eating in surplus, i was counting cals, but i simply wasn't eating enough. Fast food and ranch and chocolate was the key to my initial gains. As much calorie dense food as i could find, and lots of it.
    ~ Serious Nutrition Solutions ~
    Ask me about Reload. Free SNS for your labels
    Rhadam [@] seriousnutritionsolutions.com
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.5%

Quote Originally Posted by Rhadam View Post
    Honestly, if your diet is as good as you say you should be gaining weight. If you're not making gains you're simply not eating enough. With your range for test at 300 that's not terrible, but it's enough to build muscle lol.

I say this coming from the same situation. I had basement level test when i started lifting hard, and i thought that was my problem. It wasn't. The second i started downing 4k cals a day i gained weight. And i started at 6'1 155. I thought i was eating in surplus, i was counting cals, but i simply wasn't eating enough. Fast food and ranch and chocolate was the key to my initial gains. As much calorie dense food as i could find, and lots of it.
    Cheers for the reply man. Your probably right, I most likely do need to eat more. Just seems that 3.5k calories is alot but i guess i need more. It feels like I put on more fat than muscle when i do gain weight though, but maybe thats just in my head
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.03%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I'm going to say it's in your head, which is common for guys that are lean. The mind is very strong.
    ~ Serious Nutrition Solutions ~
    Ask me about Reload. Free SNS for your labels
    Rhadam [@] seriousnutritionsolutions.com

Similar Forum Threads

1. Taking PH's with a Moderate/High fat meal?
    By juice3320 in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-29-2009, 01:15 AM
  2. Does anyone live and function with a low testosterone
    By K1212 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 10-14-2008, 05:08 PM
  3. Help with Natural Testosterone levels
    By Shyne in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-28-2008, 12:43 PM
  4. Just diagnosed with low testosterone
    By Sean1050 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-23-2008, 09:09 PM
  5. oK TO TAKE ph'S WITH LOW TEST LEVELS???
    By JordyRoc in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-20-2005, 10:21 AM