Help with Test Level readings

J563

Awards
Had a saliva testosterone level test done about 2 weeks into a 600mg 1,4AD and 16mg of 4mohn per day cycle. The readings I got returned today were 5100pg/ml at the time of reading, which was at 6:15am on 10/30.
It then shows a "Assay Value Range"????
AM 26-145pg/ml
M15-100pg/ml

My question: Is the 5100pg/ml my actual Test level?
A chart included shows unsupplemented test levels for my age group should be 53-114pg/ml, of course mine are supplemented levels, but is this cycle actually raisng my test levels this high? Should this high a level, 5100, to be expected? Also what is "pg/ml" mean?
Thanks

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
I believe pg/ml is picograms per milliliter.
I thought t levels were usually measured in ng/dl though.
But that may only be with blood tests.

J563

Awards
I believe pg/ml is picograms per milliliter.
I thought t levels were usually measured in ng/dl though.
But that may only be with blood tests.
Thanks 2z.
Still wondering about the levels in the reading???
Anyone else have anything to add?

chasec

Pityin' fools since '81
Awards
  • Established
i've never heard of a saliva test reading. always thought they needed to draw blood. shows what i know.

BigChuckles

Awards
Well here's a conversion of 5100 pg/ml to ng/dl

5100 x pg/ml x 1000 ml/L x 1 L/10 dl x 1 g/10^12 pg x 10^9 ng/g = [510 ng/dl] (nanograms/deciliter).

I don't know if that value is normal or not though. :thumbsup:

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I think I might be on the low side if not in the normal range.

pestis

pestis

Awards
Well here's a conversion of 5100 pg/ml to ng/dl

5100 x pg/ml x 1000 ml/L x 1 L/10 dl x 1 g/10^12 pg x 10^9 ng/g = [510 ng/dl] (nanograms/deciliter).

I don't know if that value is normal or not though. :thumbsup:
Normal range would be between 225-825ng/dl, so sounds about average. definately not supraphysiological. I would wait until at least week 5 to check your test level.
good luck!

J563

Awards
Thanks guys, still makes no sense because the ranges for my age group are: 53-114pg/ml.
My reading was 5100pg/ml, seems strangly high to me. I will call and try to get an explanation, thanks again

Zip91

Awards
Normal range would be between 225-825ng/dl, so sounds about average. definately not supraphysiological. I would wait until at least week 5 to check your test level.
good luck!
I had my Test levels "tested" prior to my first cycle 6 weeks ago. Pretty high for my age actually: 999ng/dl