Please read this and hate the media with me - AnabolicMinds.com

Please read this and hate the media with me

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  228 lbs.

Please read this and hate the media with me

Steroids are used to give a muscular physique
    Using steroids to build bulging muscles can also trigger "catastrophic" loss of brain cells, research suggests.
    The drugs are known to raise levels of the male sex hormone testosterone.

A study published in the Journal of Biological Chemistry by Yale School of Medicine found high levels of the hormone killed off nerve cells.

The researchers believe the effect might explain why some steroid users become aggressive and suicidal - a condition known as hyperexcitability.

[Steroids] are known to have a major negative effect on people's health
    John Brewer
    The condition is well known in the bodybuilding world, where it is referred to as roid rage.

Lead researcher Professor Barbara Ehrlich said: "Next time a muscle-bound guy in a sports car cuts you off on the highway, don't get mad, just take a deep breath and realise that it might not be his fault."

The Yale team exposed cultured nerve cells to testosterone, and found that it triggered programmed cell death (apoptosis).

This is a natural process that in normal circumstances plays a key role in clearing away damaged cells which might be harmful.

However, when healthy cells also become suicidal, it can cause severe problems, and has been implicated in neurological illnesses, such as Alzheimer's and Huntingdon's disease.

Apoptosis is characterised by membrane instability, DNA fragmentation, and the activation of "executioner proteins", known as caspases.

Aggressive hamsters

A recent US study published in the journal Behavioural Neuroscience found normally placid adolescent hamsters given anabolic steroids become incredibly aggressive.

The effects lasted almost two weeks - the equivalent of half their adolescence.

Post-mortems revealed changes in the hamsters' brain activity.

Dr Richard Melloni, who led the research at Northeastern University in Boston, said it was likely the findings applied to humans.

John Brewer, director of the Lucozade Sports Science Academy, said the findings were not surprising.

"People think steroids are banned because they are performance enhancing, but the second, equally important, reason is that they are known to have a major negative effect on people's health.

"This study provides further evidence for why we should never give in to people who want to use steroids and drugs in sport. The moment we do that we will have a major hit on the health services, as use will cascade down the pyramid of sports."

Uhhh anyone's opinion on this bullsh1t published on BBC's website?

Roid rage and dead brains is a real thing I "guess" Damn hamsters

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch5
    Steroids are used to give a muscular physique
    Using steroids to build bulging muscles can also trigger "catastrophic" loss of brain cells, research suggests.
    The drugs are known to raise levels of the male sex hormone testosterone.

A study published in the Journal of Biological Chemistry by Yale School of Medicine found high levels of the hormone killed off nerve cells.

The researchers believe the effect might explain why some steroid users become aggressive and suicidal - a condition known as hyperexcitability.

[Steroids] are known to have a major negative effect on people's health
    John Brewer
    The condition is well known in the bodybuilding world, where it is referred to as roid rage.

Lead researcher Professor Barbara Ehrlich said: "Next time a muscle-bound guy in a sports car cuts you off on the highway, don't get mad, just take a deep breath and realise that it might not be his fault."

The Yale team exposed cultured nerve cells to testosterone, and found that it triggered programmed cell death (apoptosis).

This is a natural process that in normal circumstances plays a key role in clearing away damaged cells which might be harmful.

However, when healthy cells also become suicidal, it can cause severe problems, and has been implicated in neurological illnesses, such as Alzheimer's and Huntingdon's disease.

Apoptosis is characterised by membrane instability, DNA fragmentation, and the activation of "executioner proteins", known as caspases.

Aggressive hamsters

A recent US study published in the journal Behavioural Neuroscience found normally placid adolescent hamsters given anabolic steroids become incredibly aggressive.

The effects lasted almost two weeks - the equivalent of half their adolescence.

Post-mortems revealed changes in the hamsters' brain activity.

Dr Richard Melloni, who led the research at Northeastern University in Boston, said it was likely the findings applied to humans.

John Brewer, director of the Lucozade Sports Science Academy, said the findings were not surprising.

"People think steroids are banned because they are performance enhancing, but the second, equally important, reason is that they are known to have a major negative effect on people's health.

"This study provides further evidence for why we should never give in to people who want to use steroids and drugs in sport. The moment we do that we will have a major hit on the health services, as use will cascade down the pyramid of sports."

Uhhh anyone's opinion on this bullsh1t published on BBC's website?

Roid rage and dead brains is a real thing I "guess" Damn hamsters
    Everyone knows hamsters are the perfect human analogue. If it happens in hamsters, it most likely happens in humans. I mean my wife just gave birth to a swarming brood of 12 but we ate half of them.

Oh wait, this is complete bulls**t
    Formutech Nutrition Rep----------------Check out my CONQU3R log!:
    www.formutechnutrition.com------------- http://goo.gl/G8a4Ss
    www.facebook.com/fnutrition
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  228 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by cswalczakny

Everyone knows hamsters are the perfect human analogue. If it happens in hamsters, it most likely happens in humans. I mean my wife just gave birth to a swarming brood of 12 but we ate half of them.

Right? Can't believe I read this.... I'm sure if you shot up a hamster with test it would run around more... They are animals of lower thought. Usually when I inject I don't immediately do 10,000 sprints.. Arg they give us all a bad name
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch5

Right? Can't believe I read this.... I'm sure if you shot up a hamster with test it would run around more... They are animals of lower thought. Usually when I inject I don't immediately do 10,000 sprints.. Arg they give us all a bad name
    Lol, everyone needs a boogyman.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by cswalczakny

****ing classic
    Cultivating Mass.
  6. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

t. would like a link to article so i can read the studies referenced.

more research is def needed, but sounds legit to me, and should not be blown off.

androgenic/anabolic hormones are dangerous.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  228 lbs.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/5398174.stm

It's an older article from 2006 that I stumbled upon and they didn't site anything lol
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  200 lbs.

Basically, everyone you see who looks like they work out has roid rage and it's not their fault they're angry because steroids are the culprit. Got it.
    "Lifting and Game of Thrones share the same calendar, there's only two seasons: cutting and bulking. And guess what? Winter's comin' so it's time to bulk up!"
    -Dom Mazzetti
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  228 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPro
    Basically, everyone you see who looks like they work out has roid rage and it's not their fault they're angry because steroids are the culprit. Got it.
    Exactly, I saw a girl who looked in shape pass me while driving... I assumed roids because of this article
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch5 View Post
    Exactly, I saw a girl who looked in shape pass me while driving... I assumed roids because of this article
    Roids bro, gotta be them roids.
    "Lifting and Game of Thrones share the same calendar, there's only two seasons: cutting and bulking. And guess what? Winter's comin' so it's time to bulk up!"
    -Dom Mazzetti
  11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  219 lbs.

You guys don't get it, read the article again.... We can cut people off and they won't get mad at us because its not our fault. Gotta look at the whole picture fellas, this is great news!
    Quote Originally Posted by Level9Germ View Post
    Common bro why would u take d Bol just take plain steroids if ur gonna do it since first place
    Quote Originally Posted by Son_Of_SEALs View Post
    I dont want titties.... will that product work for a SERM?
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  230 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by demolition
    You guys don't get it, read the article again.... We can cut people off and they won't get mad at us because its not our fault. Gotta look at the whole picture fellas, this is great news!
    Way to bring the positivity
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  200 lbs.

I'm cuttin' errybody off now.
    -Dom Mazzetti
  14. New Member
    Stats
    6'5"  250 lbs.

Don't sweat this bs, I am by no means an expert but, AAS have been around for a while and if it was detrimental to brain cells we would know by now. 2nd they were juicing adolescent hamsters, yes we know sex hormones effect the brain when it is still developing (eg. Puberty.) I can't find the actual study but I am sure that they were dosing the hammys extremely high of course they will be aggressive. Take two males of any species jack up their Test and keep them caged together, you don't have to be a m.d. to figure out what will happen.
  15. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  180 lbs.

I already hated the media..
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  228 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbagump
    I already hated the media..
    More of a reason lol
  •   

Similar Forum Threads