Prostate health

Dutchman

Dutchman

Awards
  • Established
Six years ago I faced the knife as my PSA went up to 10. Fortunately living in Holland at the time I followed instead my Doc's recommendations to correct it with vitamin therapy. At the time Saw Palmetto was the mainstay. I dropped my PSA back down to 3 and it has stayed there despite continued PH/PS use. Now I use the following daily

Beta Sitosterol 600 mg
Phytosterols 600 mg
(Max Prostate from "Young Again Nutrients")

Selenium 200 mcg
NOW Foods

Flaxseed Oil (2 tblspns)
Health FromThe Sun Liquid Gold

Green Tea 2 gms
Buy bulk and cap em myself

Tomato juice 8 oz

Red wine 1 LARGE glass

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
Are you sure it's 600mg beta sitosterol and 600mg phytosterols?

Wouldn't green tea and wine aggravate the prostate due the the caffeine and alcohol? I'm getting ready to start taking Green tea but 2 grams seems like an aweful lot to me.

I'm really happy for you!! My Dad has had prostate problems (BPH and protatitis) for decades now. He was generous enough to pass the gene along to me :trout: and at 20years old I was already having problems. I've managed to stay off of any medication by avoiding things and using certain meds. I've gotten advice along the way (some great advice on here) and found it's definitely managable. Now at 40 I can really tell when my prostate is "full". I know as time goes on it may get worse so any info posted is truly appreciated.

Red wine 1 LARGE glass[/QUOTE]

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Six years ago I faced the knife as my PSA went up to 10. Fortunately living in Holland at the time I followed instead my Doc's recommendations to correct it with vitamin therapy. At the time Saw Palmetto was the mainstay. I dropped my PSA back down to 3 and it has stayed there despite continued PH/PS use. Now I use the following daily

Beta Sitosterol 600 mg
Phytosterols 600 mg

Selenium 200 mcg
NOW Foods

Flaxseed Oil (2 tblspns)

Green Tea 2 gms

Tomato juice 8 oz

Red wine 1 LARGE glass
Your doc didn't include extra zinc?

Dutchman

Dutchman

Awards
  • Established
Are you sure it's 600mg beta sitosterol and 600mg phytosterols?

Wouldn't green tea and wine aggravate the prostate due the the caffeine and alcohol? I'm getting ready to start taking Green tea but 2 grams seems like an aweful lot to me.

I'm really happy for you!! My Dad has had prostate problems (BPH and protatitis) for decades now. He was generous enough to pass the gene along to me :trout: and at 20years old I was already having problems. I've managed to stay off of any medication by avoiding things and using certain meds. I've gotten advice along the way (some great advice on here) and found it's definitely managable. Now at 40 I can really tell when my prostate is "full". I know as time goes on it may get worse so any info posted is truly appreciated.

Red wine 1 LARGE glass
[/QUOTE

Yes SJA, I'm sure of those numbers. I take two capsules a day, AM & PM. Each contains 600 mg of Phytosterols incl. 300 mg Beta-Sitosterol and 300 of other Phytosterols such as 150 Campesterol, 135 Stigmasterol and 15 Brassicasterol. The Wine and Green Tea have both been repeatedly proven to provide great protection/reduction in Prostate Cancer as well as other cancers (eg Breast, Lukemia, Colon etc.) As such I include them in my Prostate health supplementation but not for direct BPH effects. The Green Tea I had to back off of and phase it in because at first it gave me the runs. Other supps I take (for similar but also multiple reasons) include Flax Seed Oil and ALA.

IMHO I almost feel like M4OHN has a positive effect on my prostate. I and my bottom dwelling friend both feel better when I take it. Not to mention that it has a positive effect on my libido and promotes steady, lean muscle growth.

I sympathize and understand too well what your Dad and you are/have gone through. When I came out of service in 68 and went off to grad school my prostatitis flared up badly. The fortuitous and often sensational effect from it was that my Doc literally, wrote me a prescription calling for me to have sex at least once a day to relieve the pressure. Now don't you think that came in nice and handy in getting lots of loving LOL support during those days of free love!!!!

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
I had read your original post to read that you were taking 600mg of each. Guess I was confused.

Your doc was correct in making you run off a batch every day. If you keep new fluid going through the gland, you keep it from rotting in there :rofl: as well as keeping more fluid circulating through to carry in bacteria fighting supplements and/or natural immunal support. The inside of the gland is a very rough surface with minimal blood flow so it is very hard to kill an infection once it's in there because it gets down in the crevasses Also, by relieving the pressure every day you will notice it to feel much better (I'm sure that you've tried this already and have noticed that).

I've heard that beta sitosterol may mask carcinogenic activity by lowering PSA levels. Is this true or can the new "free PSA test" differentiate between the two?

I've been capping my own phytosterols but this product looks like a good deal and I wouldn't have to cap them. Thanks for sharing your experience.

DR D - there is Zinc in the max prostate formula.

Dutchman

Dutchman

Awards
  • Established
Your doc didn't include extra zinc?
Dr. D: I gave him a complete list of the multis and other vitamins I was taking. I've been a loooong time believer and user of Zinc as a test picker-upper so that was already included. Nowadays I take a multi, my Max Prostate and my ON ZMA all of which include Zinc.

SJA: Sorry, I don't have an answer for your "free PSA test" question. My approach is simply to try and prevent carcinogenic activity with the other vits I take. So far, so good. I'm 63 and still ticking. Well enough that I'ld stack the combination of my health, strength and aerobic conditioning up against anyone else living in my 50,000 plus retirement community.

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
... So far, so good. I'm 63 and still ticking. Well enough that I'ld stack the combination of my health, strength and aerobic conditioning up against anyone else living in my 50,000 plus retirement community.
That's awesome and inspiring. I plan on being the same way.
Best to ya brother. :cheers:

-2z-

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
That's awesome and inspiring. I plan on being the same way.
Best to ya brother. :cheers:

-2z-
And if you saw the picture he posted awhile back, you know he's still getting his "script filled" with the ladies too :thumbsup: Cheers for the Dutchman!!

K

kkmike

Awards
I just had a bout with prostitis. First time. First time with Dr. Jellyfingers as well. The Dr. gave me a month of Levaquin, a mean antibiotic. Mean as in nasty joint/tendon pain as a side. But it worked. 1 week in and the pain was gone, especially the discomfort I had sleeping at night. He didn't do a PSA though; said to see if this took care of it, and if not then come back. Think I'll look into these supplements for long term care as well!

Mike

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
I just had a bout with prostitis. First time. First time with Dr. Jellyfingers as well. The Dr. gave me a month of Levaquin, a mean antibiotic. Mean as in nasty joint/tendon pain as a side. But it worked. 1 week in and the pain was gone, especially the discomfort I had sleeping at night. He didn't do a PSA though; said to see if this took care of it, and if not then come back. Think I'll look into these supplements for long term care as well!

Mike

Be sure to run off a few batches while you are taking the antibiotics. Purge the system :thumbsup:

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established

Beta Sitosterol 600 mg
Phytosterols 600 mg

Selenium 200 mcg
NOW Foods

Flaxseed Oil (2 tblspns)

Green Tea 2 gms

Tomato juice 8 oz

Red wine 1 LARGE glass
Dutchman where do you buy your Max Prostate from "Young Again Nutrients?

Thanks

Dutchman

Dutchman

Awards
  • Established
Dutchman where do you buy your Max Prostate from "Young Again Nutrients?

Thanks
DrD, I order straight from their website at youngagain.com. I also order from them and take, twice a day as well, Quercetin and Beta Glucan. The Quercetin is useful against prostate cancer and all three items work against cholesterol.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
DrD, I order straight from their website at youngagain.com. I also order from them and take, twice a day as well, Quercetin and Beta Glucan. The Quercetin is useful against prostate cancer and all three items work against cholesterol.
I agree, big time. I've been using NOW brand mixed bioflavinoids for years now, 6 caps/d with 3g Vit.C divided into 3 daily doses. Quercitin and hesperidin not only protect the prostate, they reduce bruising to an unbelievable degree and reduce seasonal allergy symptoms by their anti-inflammitory action. The modified blood vessel permeability that they cause reduces capillary fragility and improves blood pressure. In fact, I saw just the other night on the national news that arterial inflammation is being blamed as an even bigger cause of stroke and heart attack than high cholesterol. These bioflavinoids have been shown to reduce cholesterol accumulation and prevent arterioscerosis for over 50 years now! I'm not sure why more people don't take them. DS makes a product with quercitin and some of its analogs in it called Glucophase XR, I have a bottle of that too. :) God only knows the damage I did to my cardiovascular system as a younger man.

S

SeaHawk22

Awards
I noticed flaxseed oil was included as one of the supps to help protect your prostate. I have read differently. Or does it matter if it is flax seed or oil? If anyone google flaxseed oil and cancer you should find some stuff.

Also at what dose should you take zinc at?

SeaHawk22

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
As a rule, just keep your zinc intake less than 100mg/d. I only take 50 unless I'm sick.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Supplements 5
J Anabolics 8
Shiznown Supplements 5
A Supplements 10
ohiostate2827 Male Anti-Aging Medicine 31