Public is ignorant on steroids

Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'9"  245 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by thehulk2203 View Post
    Yes, I don't even talk to anyone or try to educate anymore. I just tell them they need research before they say something on a subject they know nothing about. Now I just tell them to watch it then come talk to me. Oh a great movie to watch with your mom I would like to know what her opinion is.

Sent from my HTC EVO
    Yes, I will let you know if her opinion has changed after watching it. Currently she seems to thinks it's dangerous for making men sterile, that it raises aggression and that it can be dangerous for health if it's not supervised. This was her response she gave me right now because I told her I wanted to know her opinion before we watched the documentary and that I would ask her again after. She just told me "why are you asking me these questions?" I told her I'm taking a survey for the community hahaha. BRB movie time

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  240 lbs.

Hahaha Movie time!!!!

I honestly cannot thank the guys that made that movie enough
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  200 lbs.

I can't understand why people think watching Bigger, Faster, Stronger is the best way to educate people. Though it makes some good points it says nothing about support supps or PCT, so it sets a really bad example. Also it shows with one of the brothers(the one who is trying to be a pro wrestler) how steroid use can be bad for your life, which is okay if you know the truths about steroids already, but just makes it look really bad if you don't.

EDIT: I do think it's a good movie and I love it just don't think it's good for educating people, much better to talk to them yourself, one on one.
    "Lifting and Game of Thrones share the same calendar, there's only two seasons: cutting and bulking. And guess what? Winter's comin' so it's time to bulk up!"
    -Dom Mazzetti
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPro View Post
    I can't understand why people think watching Bigger, Faster, Stronger is the best way to educate people. Though it makes some good points it says nothing about support supps or PCT, so it sets a really bad example. Also it shows with one of the brothers(the one who is trying to be a pro wrestler) how steroid use can be bad for your life, which is okay if you know the truths about steroids already, but just makes it look really bad if you don't.

EDIT: I do think it's a good movie and I love it just don't think it's good for educating people, much better to talk to them yourself, one on one.
    I"m not saying its good for a person to watch and learn how to use steroids thats not at all what the movie is about but it sets the record straight about alot of bull crap that the media and public think steroids cause or do to people. Also with the older brother that's a wrestler he also says he went form doing steroids to doing other drugs and anti depressants thats when his life turned for the worst.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by thehulk2203 View Post
    I"m not saying its good for a person to watch and learn how to use steroids thats not at all what the movie is about but it sets the record straight about alot of bull crap that the media and public think steroids cause or do to people. Also with the older brother that's a wrestler he also says he went form doing steroids to doing other drugs and anti depressants thats when his life turned for the worst.
    Valid point, but still when I watched that with my wife she said it didn't make her feel any better about steroids. After she watched me go through a cycle of hdrol she was fine with it, she still doesn't like the idea of injectables but I'm not planning on trying them at this point anyway.
    "Lifting and Game of Thrones share the same calendar, there's only two seasons: cutting and bulking. And guess what? Winter's comin' so it's time to bulk up!"
    -Dom Mazzetti
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  220 lbs.

Valid point, but still when I watched that with my wife she said it didn't make her feel any better about steroids. After she watched me go through a cycle of hdrol she was fine with it, she still doesn't like the idea of injectables but I'm not planning on trying them at this point anyway.
    Yeah my fiance didn't like it first either, but when i started to give her b12 injection she is started to feel alittle better about it!I think what broke the ice was my libido and my body started looking better!
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'5"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Philshred View Post
    Yes, I will let you know if her opinion has changed after watching it. Currently she seems to thinks it's dangerous for making men sterile, that it raises aggression and that it can be dangerous for health if it's not supervised. This was her response she gave me right now because I told her I wanted to know her opinion before we watched the documentary and that I would ask her again after. She just told me "why are you asking me these questions?" I told her I'm taking a survey for the community hahaha. BRB movie time
    So whats the verdict?
  8. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by thehulk2203

So whats the verdict?
    X2 like to see
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.
    Training around a jacked up neck.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'9"  245 lbs.

Okay we'll we watched the movie last night together and almost every time they were saying a negative side effect of steroids she was like "See I told you!" So basically I would always have to remind her to stay quiet and to listen to the parts after because most of the time that would be when the people being interviewed would state otherwise. What I am happy about though was that she was able to learn about the steroid ban and how all the organisations such as the FDA and so forth were not in favor of making them as illegal substances such as cocaine and that congress obviously made a very bad decision. She said the movie didn't put aside her fears of steroids but that she was happy when the mom of the three brothers was expressing her concern towards her kids. I don't know if you guys remember the part where she starts crying and saying something like this "Is it something we did to make our kids grow up and feel like they were never good enough?" During that part my mom started crying which I thought was kind of funny but I understand that I cannot understand how a mother feels responsible for their children even when they are adults. She thinks that the whole "steroids is cheating" thing in sports is bull**** and that it only gives you a small boost and doesn't compensate for hard work and dedication unlike what most people seem to think that it does all the work for you. She knows this first hand since her husband was competing at a national level.

My goal was not to use the movie to educate my mother on how safe steroids can be and what precautions to take but it was mostly
    1- because it's an awesome movie
    2- that we would be able to discuss things in the movie
    3- I love the movie haha.

However she did mention a very interesting point which was that you cannot compare the effect of steroids and the deaths caused by them to that of cigarettes and alcohol. That steroids are used only during short term periods and that on the other hand most smokers and drinkers consume during a much longer period of time and that only a very small percentage of the population actually take steroids. She also said that due to the fact that people take steroids for a short period of time and that there are no long term studies that we cannot know for sure what health effects they may pose.

So basically that's it guys, I enjoyed watching it with her and think that we had some interesting conversations from it
  11. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

I can see why everyone likes to use that documentary to support AAS, but it is not a steroid documentary and Chris Bell stays neutral about using AAS the entire time. While I myself am very pro-AAS, to say that there are not some potentially adverse effects from using is naive. For a short period there, steroids were the new "guns" and the status quo is not going to change any time soon, if ever. The main thing that we can do is to educate ourselves and then spread the knowledge that we have gathered. However, and I can't stress this enough, even most of the people on this board are pretty uneducated about AAS/PH and there are very few on here that truly understand how to use them properly and intelligently. For example, if you're on your 6th oral cycle and only weigh 180lbs, chances are you're not doing it right and are lacking in other areas of training.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.

Very true, unless you are only 5'3", then 180 ain't bad, lol
  13. Registered User

Question here guys... Does anyone else feel like a bitch when taking a non test base steroid like epistane. I'm
    On epistane and just had wrestling club and every move I got hit with made me think "owwww". I'm a veteran wrestler and I never feel like this...
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.

No I felt like a beast on epi. All my veins popping out and the incredable pump.
  15. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MightyBeast
    No I felt like a beast on epi. All my veins popping out and the incredable pump.
    Aside from the gym tho did you still have that intensity?
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  218 lbs.

I think with access to the Internet, people in general are becoming more informed about how the world works in many ways. But anabolic steroids have remained a dark spot, with next to no penetration of the scientific knowledge to the masses. 99% of the people out there base their knowledge off of second hand stereotypes and BS.

The roid rage one really bothers me, cuz I've run serious cycles and doses and no one has noticed any change in my disposition... it DOESN'T change. If anything, being on cycle should put people in a good mood, cuz hey, every workout is ****ing amazing, and when every workout is ****ing amazing, I'm pretty happy . PCT, well, run a good PCT cuz low test is no fun. That doesn't cause roid rage though.
    Mostly answered PM's
    Don't post on my profile, I don't read that stuff, PM me instead
    <------ Hard to believe, but I wasn't on any anabolics in the avatar shot
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.

Agreed unreal. And on epi away from gym if I remeber correcly I was lethargic at times and had back pumps but taurine got rid of the back pumps. Never felt like a pansie though. Everybody reacts differently though to different compounds. I loved that stuff. I believe my body reacts well with cutting compounds.
  18. Registered User

Hahaha I love it one of my gym buddies just said that he'd never take steroids because he doesn't want a tiny dlck and raisin balls for the rest of his life
  19. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

brb, gonna pop some dbol gain 10lbs over the weekend..

But the thing that bothers me most is that if people know your on/or have been steroids all your gains are fake, but no one thinks I'm on superdrol, My granny's black.

And on the EPI... I felt like I had my alpha-ness looool removed from me for the first 1 to 2 weeks on SD
  20. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Stroke UR Ego
    brb, gonna pop some dbol gain 10lbs over the weekend..

But the thing that bothers me most is that if people know your on/or have been steroids all your gains are fake, but no one thinks I'm on superdrol, My granny's black.

And on the EPI... I felt like I had my alpha-ness looool removed from me for the first 1 to 2 weeks on SD
    So you felt less manly?
  21. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Danimozz View Post
    So you felt less manly?
    Yeah, but the day the strength gains comes in I feel a little better, after that I felt normal again @ around week 3 with a sh*t load of aggression whenever I was hungry (I'm typically more aggressive when I'm hungry but I just wanted to ruin anyone that disturbs my eating sessions lol, still do Im on week 6)

Too sum it up I felt like a victim when it kicked it but back to normal 3 weeks in, Thats why I want to run an highly androgenic ph. Don't know if it would make a big difference though
  22. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Stroke UR Ego

Yeah, but the day the strength gains comes in I feel a little better, after that I felt normal again @ around week 3 with a sh*t load of aggression whenever I was hungry (I'm typically more aggressive when I'm hungry but I just wanted to ruin anyone that disturbs my eating sessions lol, still do Im on week 6)

Too sum it up I felt like a victim when it kicked it but back to normal 3 weeks in, Thats why I want to run an highly androgenic ph. Don't know if it would make a big difference though
    Hmm. Food for thought
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  200 lbs.

It's cool if you feel less manly, just pop in The Notebook and cry it out. You'll be good soon enough.
    -Dom Mazzetti
  24. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Hoping the Clomid pct doesn't make me feel like bitch too
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.

It's cool if you feel less manly, just pop in The Notebook and cry it out. You'll be good soon enough.
    Haha that there was funny.
  26. Registered User

Hahaha
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.

Like a poster in this thread I also sat my gf down and showed her bigger stronger faster.

She doesn't exactly like the idea but she knows that I spent years researching these compounds and that I know what I'm doing.
    She never cried or told me to stop she just wanted me to be careful,which I am.
  28. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Roniboney
    Like a poster in this thread I also sat my gf down and showed her bigger stronger faster.

She doesn't exactly like the idea but she knows that I spent years researching these compounds and that I know what I'm doing.
    She never cried or told me to stop she just wanted me to be careful,which I am.
    Reasonable woman
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Danimozz View Post
    Reasonable woman
    If your with a woman who isn't reasonable then what the hell is the point of being with her.Plenty of better women out there.
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Roniboney View Post
    If your with a woman who isn't reasonable then what the hell is the point of being with her.Plenty of better women out there.
    I've met some people who seem to think it's better if they're completely insane for some reason lol.
    -Dom Mazzetti
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.

I've met some people who seem to think it's better if they're completely insane for some reason lol.
    Laugh at those people son,laugh at them.
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.

Hey those insanely crazy ones are always awsome in bed.
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyBeast View Post
    Hey those insanely crazy ones are always awsome in bed.
    insanely awesome women in bed are the same type that poke holes in condoms
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  172 lbs.

2 things really bother me when it comes to peoples perspective on steroids.

1) The belief that you can just take them and look big and ripped. I mean sure they help, but once a person admits to using, he'll only be known for the drugs and not for whatever dedication he has in his diet or training routine.

2) That people will question your health but not think twice about the guy who chain smokes and drinks every day.
  35. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

to this day,i still try to figure out why alcohol is legal and gear is not.

i question this country,USA govmnt and a lot of other things.

oh yeah and ppl are *******s. I bet if steroids got you **** faced,like alcohol does it be legal!
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.

Because alcohol is not a preformance enhancing drug. Essentially it was the concept of cheating in sports/ olympics that caused gear to be banned. Also that kid who had Major depression and killed him self while on steroids (which in my personal opinion was not the juice but the depression). The CDC, DEA, Public health and other organizations actually argued that steroids should be legal during the scheduling of steroids.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay888999 View Post
    to this day,i still try to figure out why alcohol is legal and gear is not.

i question this country,USA govmnt and a lot of other things.

oh yeah and ppl are *******s. I bet if steroids got you **** faced,like alcohol does it be legal!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/223429-abscent-minded-log.html
    Quote Originally Posted by csa2179 View Post
    Pin the kittens with the tren, then attack the judges with the kittens, uppity bastards
  37. Banned
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerbil View Post
    Because alcohol is not a preformance enhancing drug. Essentially it was the concept of cheating in sports/ olympics that caused gear to be banned. Also that kid who had Major depression and killed him self while on steroids (which in my personal opinion was not the juice but the depression). The CDC, DEA, Public health and other organizations actually argued that steroids should be legal during the scheduling of steroids.

juice didnt not make him commit suicide,maybe it fckd with his hormones and made him think a bit diif..But when u r depressed u r depressed..

a buddy of mine commited suicide about 4 months ago,hung himself..was just depressed. using the excuse that it was anabolics is a way of blaming something other than yourself or just saying my son was a mental case.
  38. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Jay888999

juice didnt not make him commit suicide,maybe it fckd with his hormones and made him think a bit diif..But when u r depressed u r depressed..

a buddy of mine commited suicide about 4 months ago,hung himself..was just depressed. using the excuse that it was anabolics is a way of blaming something other than yourself or just saying my son was a mental case.
    Agreed. The parents needed a scapegoat. Couldn't accept that their son would kill himself
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  202 lbs.

Just to turn this thread in a different direction over half the people on this forum are ignorant on steroids. There is more then 10 threads a week on 16-18 year olds wanting to do gear. There are posts on people wanting to run superdrol at high dosages for 5-6 weeks and run an otc pct.

So yes the public is ignorant but some of the people here are more retarded then ignorant.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/223429-abscent-minded-log.html
    Quote Originally Posted by csa2179 View Post
    Pin the kittens with the tren, then attack the judges with the kittens, uppity bastards
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerbil View Post
    Just to turn this thread in a different direction over half the people on this forum are ignorant on steroids. There is more then 10 threads a week on 16-18 year olds wanting to do gear. There are posts on people wanting to run superdrol at high dosages for 5-6 weeks and run an otc pct.

So yes the public is ignorant but some of the people here are more retarded then ignorant.
    I'm running a 10mg sd for 6 weeks and I consider that extreme as hell.Imagine 20-30mg for 6 weeks.Goodbye sweet liver and kidneys
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-25-2009, 08:54 AM
  2. The Senate Is Voting On The Prohormone Ban June 8th!!
    By VanillaGorilla in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-28-2004, 06:12 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-26-2003, 01:12 AM
  4. Is WW7 on vacation?
    By tatortodd in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-02-2003, 10:20 PM
  5. Marky Mark --> was on Steroids???
    By AlexParty in forum General Chat
    Replies: 23