Did I hit a nerve?

TheMaharaja

Awards
Second time pinning, pinned (or thought I did) the ventroglute. When I put the needle in, I felt a sharp little pain, but thought it might have been the needle (23G 1.5."). I slowly injected (1ml), but felt some tingling in my calf! The site has much more PIP than it did the first time (on the opposite side), but I even warmed up the syringe longer and injected more slowly. I aspirated, and saw no blood. Im thinking it might just be because this is first time using the muscle.

Its been about 30 mins and I still feel some tingling, or at least, some weird sensation.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
If you hit a nerve you would know it. Calve pin hurts the first few times regardless. Think of hitting a nerve like someone stabbing you with a knife.

TheMaharaja

Awards
If you hit a nerve you would know it. Calve pin hurts the first few times regardless. Think of hitting a nerve like someone stabbing you with a knife.

Ah I see. Well, I actually pinned my ventrogluteal muscle, so I wasn't sure why my calf was tingling lol.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Ah I see. Well, I actually pinned my ventrogluteal muscle, so I wasn't sure why my calf was tingling lol.
\

Whoops, totally skimmed your post and didn't even read it was a glute pin. Hmm you may have nicked something, that's very possible.

csa2179

csa2179

Awards
Where would u pin in ur calf? How much can u pin into your calf?

csa2179

csa2179

Awards
Pin the lateral head. I wouldn't go over 1ml as it's such a small muscle.
So inside of the leg middle of the upper section of the calf?

image-1061662281.jpg

I've been pinning tren ace at .5mg Ed. Would this be a good place to add into the pinning rotation? Or are there to many blood vessels?

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
The lateral head is the outside head, medial is inside. Blood vessles don't seem to be an issue, it's just that pinning there is a bit tender and can sting a bit. I think calve is a decent place to add to a rotation if you don't like pinning your chest or lat or bicep. Really it just comes down to preference. Some guys have no issue pinning their chest, others have issues lol.

I've seen/heard of guys doing medial, i don't think there's an issue with either, i was simply told that lateral is the one to hit.

TheMaharaja

Awards
\

Whoops, totally skimmed your post and didn't even read it was a glute pin. Hmm you may have nicked something, that's very possible.
Well, I seem to feel fine, so on to the next pin I guess, haha.

csa2179

csa2179

Awards
The lateral head is the outside head, medial is inside. Blood vessles don't seem to be an issue, it's just that pinning there is a bit tender and can sting a bit. I think calve is a decent place to add to a rotation if you don't like pinning your chest or lat or bicep. Really it just comes down to preference. Some guys have no issue pinning their chest, others have issues lol.

I've seen/heard of guys doing medial, i don't think there's an issue with either, i was simply told that lateral is the one to hit.
Pain is one thing that doesn't bother me but that damn tren cough sucks,

stormbourne

stormbourne

Awards
I hit a nerve in my quad the other day. By far the most uncomfortable thing I've ever felt, it feels like being electrocuted. The time before that I hit a vein in my other quad. Too much hassle... I'm no longer going to pin quads. I'd much rather just rotate delts, although I hit a vein in my delt the other day too. haha

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I hit a nerve in my quad the other day. By far the most uncomfortable thing I've ever felt, it feels like being electrocuted. The time before that I hit a vein in my other quad. Too much hassle... I'm no longer going to pin quads. I'd much rather just rotate delts, although I hit a vein in my delt the other day too. haha
That's too bad, quad is one of the easiest and pain free sites to pin. The bigger the muscle group, the better.