finaly study on Lipostabil

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.59%

finaly study on Lipostabil

finaly a research was published on Lipostabil, just released last july of this year.

Detergent effects of sodium deoxycholate are a major feature of an injectable phosphatidylcholine formulation used for localized fat dissolution.

Rotunda AM, Suzuki H, Moy RL, Kolodney MS.

Division of Dermatology, University of California Los Angeles, David Geffen School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California, USA.

BACKGROUND: Phosphatidylcholine injections are becoming an increasingly popular technique to treat localized fat accumulation. This formula is composed primarily of phosphatidylcholine and sodium deoxycholate, a bile salt used to solubilize the natural phospholipid in water. The mechanism through which this injectable phosphatidylcholine formulation causes localized fat reduction is unknown. OBJECTIVE: To investigate the active component and mechanism of action of an injectable phosphatidylcholine formulation in clinical use. METHODS: Cell viability and cell membrane lysis assays were performed on cell cultures and porcine skin after treatment with the phosphatidylcholine formula, isolated sodium deoxycholate, or common laboratory detergents Triton-X 100 and Empigen BB. In addition, we described the histologic changes after injection of these substances into porcine tissue. RESULTS: A significant and comparable loss of cell viability, cell membrane lysis, and disruption of fat and muscle architecture was seen in cell cultures and tissue specimens treated with the phosphatidylcholine formula and isolated sodium deoxycholate. These findings were similar to the effects produced after treatment with laboratory detergents. CONCLUSIONS: The phosphatidylcholine formula popularly used in subcutaneous injections for fat dissolution works primarily as a detergent causing nonspecific lysis of cell membranes. Our findings suggest that sodium deoxycholate is the major active component responsible for cell lysis. Detergent substances may have a role in eliminating unwanted adipose tissue. It is advised that physicians use caution until adequate safety data are available.

another study

CONTROVERSIES IN DERMATOLOGIC SURGERY
    Treatment of Lower Eyelid Fat Pads Using Phosphatidylcholine: Clinical Trial and Review
    Glynis Ablon, MD*, and Adam M. Rotunda, MD
    Background. Injectable phosphatidylcholine, a lecithin-derived phospholipid, has been previously demonstrated to improve the appearance of infraorbital fat pad herniation. Current use internationally has led to a significant interest in this novel substance.

Objective. To evaluate the efficacy and safety of injectable phosphatidylcholine, we conducted an open-label study for the treatment of infraorbital fat pad herniation.

Methods. Patients received 0.4-mL phosphatidylcholine (50 mg/mL) injections within infraorbital fat pads every 2 weeks. Patient and physician grading of fat herniation, side effects, digital photographs, and a follow-up questionnaire was recorded.

Results. Ten of the 13 enrolled patients had three to five treatments. Improvements in fat herniation were reported in 80% and 70% of patients as graded by the physician and patients, respectively. Sixty percent of patients assessed their improvement as equal or greater than 5 points (on a 10-point fat herniation scale); however, the physician judged 40% of patients improving to this degree. Little or no response was seen in three patients. Side effects included burning, erythema, and swelling at the injection site. At follow-up averaging 9 months, 50% of patients reported persistence of benefit, 20% experienced some fading, and 30% were the nonresponders.

Conclusions. Injectable phosphatidylcholine is a novel treatment for infraorbital fat herniation that may benefit some patients who are considering blepharoplasty. Larger studies evaluating long-term safety and efficacy of phosphatidylcholine for cosmetic purposes are warranted.

2. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.06%

Seems dangerous from the first study...only really applicable in the severly obese right? I mean, injecting something that promotes nonspecific cell lysis is quite the dual-edged sword, if I may be cliche. Looks interesting though, as I have not heard of this before.
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.59%

Phosphatidylcholine is not dangerous....its wat your cell wall made form. this stuff is intented to be injected site specific (sub-q injection into the fat.)

on the other hand sodium deoxycholate is a surfactant, its the stuff you use to clean windows and glass. so water become less adhesive to glass.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.38%

So you think its worth a shot in the love handle department. No matter how lean I get, i'll alwalys have fat in my love handles(more towards the back) Lipostab isnt too pricey,so you guys think its worth a shot. It doesnt seem like it can cause any long term dangerous side effects like cancer,etc...
  5. Pityin' fools since '81
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.75%
    Achievements Posting Pro

no long term side effects, sure.

"The phosphatidylcholine formula popularly used in subcutaneous injections for fat dissolution works primarily as a detergent causing nonspecific lysis of cell membranes"

lets say your sub-q shot goes a touch to deep and hits your abdominal wall. you think a hernia is bad, try having your abdominal muscles lyse. do you even know what that is? YOUR CELLS BURST! go ahead and inject that **** bro, i'll sit back and read
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.59%

will first lysis on muscle or organ cells seems dangerous, but i dont think that an insulin pin could reach the abdominal muscle if your carfull enough, plus i dont knoe if phosphatidylcholine would have same effects on skeletal muscle, because they they contain few lipids, in-contast to fat cells which saturated with lipids like phosphatidylcholine .......

and if you know that the PLO-gel primary ingeredient is PC, and its used as transdermal carrier by pharmacutical companies then i dont then that PC in the gel effects the skeletal , or pharmacutical companies wouldnt use it.

i dont know if any of the Lipostabil avilable would work since non of them contain sodium deoxycholate, which seems to be an important ingredient. even zipmed Lipostabil which is supposed to be the best.

the advantage of this stuff is that it will kill the fat cells, unlike dieting which shrink or reduce the size of fat cells.
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.05%

Animal sells it and many have attested to its efficacy but it appears that 80% respond well and 20% get zip from it. You can read a bit without needing access in the 'Products forum' but most of the info is on the main board.

The process is pretty painful and you have to inject about every square inch to keep it even. Each spot is similar in pain to a bad bee sting but it takes up to 2 weeks to fully dissipate. Maximum effect is only seen after 2-3 treatments usually separated but 1 week because of the painful lumps.

I definitely wouldn't use this until I get below 8% bf. This isn't going to do much for weight loss it is just the best (so far) for spot reduction. A few have eliminated their love handles with this and that got my attention even at 10% bf I have an annoyingly large amount of fat on my abdomen and love handles. One has done this and while dieting then immediately started bulking and regained a ton of fat and he said the love handles didn't come back! That was in the main forum and out of respect I won't be posting it here.

This is PG's statement you can read in the product section of animal's site.

Quote Originally Posted by PG
    I have had to wait like 10-14 days for the bruising and swelling to go down. I have the 100mg lipo and am down 2" after three 35-45 inj sessions.

I have had significant bruises each time that have taken 12+ days to heal. If I did a set of injections before the bruising went away it was in different areas. I think it has worked although I have been low carbing for months now only cheating on weekends.
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.59%

im thinking of using it trasndermaly............but i need a pure source of PC first.
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.05%

Quote Originally Posted by mass_builder
    im thinking of using it trasndermaly............but i need a pure source of PC first.

Transdermal wont do anything but lighten your wallet
  10. Pityin' fools since '81
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.75%
    Achievements Posting Pro

vous avez de plus grandes boules que moi
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.59%

Quote Originally Posted by dego
    Transdermal wont do anything but lighten your wallet
    how do you know....have you tried t?
  12. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.59%

humm, what effect would this nasty sounding stuff have on gyno? might be an experiment for any adventurous folks with gyno I guess!
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.05%

Quote Originally Posted by Nutz
    humm, what effect would this nasty sounding stuff have on gyno? might be an experiment for any adventurous folks with gyno I guess!
    That sounds uhm painful.
  14. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.78%

hay guys check this out...........injectin technique is crazy:

http://www.nutecint.com/Docs/Meso1.asx
  15. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.78%

Similar Forum Threads