Quad shots...real easy....

hardlyworkin

Awards
Why does everyone recomend doing glutes for the first timers. Quads are much easier, you can see what you are doing and its so much easier to hold the needle steady and inject. I just did my first quad shot today after doing glutes for 3 weeks. Quads are a breeze.

size

Awards
  • Established
There is a sticky for injections, http://anabolicminds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13306

I found quad injections to be an easy place to pin but difficult to have good injections. Quads caused more vein hits than any other site for me. Glutes are very easy if you are flexible and tend to cause little to no soreness.

bulkmuscle

Awards
i'd choose quads over glutes anyday, though i've never tried a glute shot, quad was easier than breathing :D

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Plus if you are ghostly white like me you can actually SEE the roadmap of veins on your quads and avoid them. lol

bulkmuscle

Awards
Yeah same here. Just shave a strip of hair off your leg and its smooth sailing.

blackjack

Awards
I like quads. but then again I've never hit a nerve. Im sure ill change my mind

If i ever do hit one. whats it feel like? just curious.

tribaltek

tribaltek

All Traps - No Tris
Awards
  • Established
I never hit nerves in the quads, but they tend to leave the post post injection pain of any injection spot I use. Glutes are cake. I'd use them every time if I could.

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
I like quads. but then again I've never hit a nerve. Im sure ill change my mind

If i ever do hit one. whats it feel like? just curious.
Kind of like a long thin matal pin is penetrating your leg. :hammer: Sorry, I couldn't resist. :lol: Trust me. If you hit a nerve, it will make your ass jump. Hitting a vain hurts, but hitting a nerve really f*ckin' hurts. :rant:

spooler

Awards
Love quad shots. Never hit a vein or nerve, just lucky I guess. I started with quad shots.

I guess now biceps and pecs are my favorites, quads are always easy, delts are a good site. I think I have shot gluts once - too damn hard to twist myself around.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
quad shots suck ass. tried em 3 times, hit a nerve each time.

chasec

Pityin' fools since '81
Awards
  • Established
i love quads. glutes always manage to hurt the next day. quads are quick, easy, painless. plus i've never hit a nerve; that might change my mind

Null

Awards
I've never hit nerves, but it does freak the **** out of me when the muscle starts to twitch. Now bicep injections hurt like a bitch...

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
i hit a nerve on my second shot in quads freaked me out and never did another shot all i got are 1 inch needles,,so no glutes

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
I like quads, not as big a fan of glutes though. It doesn't get any easier than quad shots for me, with delts a close second :)

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Quads and Glutes are easy as hell, Pec probably my third favorite spot.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I love bicept shots.

I talk to my bicepts as I'm doing it..

Bicept; "Feed me BiO!"

Me; "Here ya go lil fella! You're gonna grow big for poppa aren't you?"

Bicept; "Mmm mmm, me likey sledge test."

Yeah, I'm bored, think I'll go work out.

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I like quads best. Glutes for some reason hurt when they go in for me.

I do hit nerves once in a while for quads, but i don go in fast in the first place, so I can clearly tell I hit it before any real pain starts, so i just pull up a bit and angle just slight a different way.

Neuromancer

Awards
  • Established
I like quads best. Glutes for some reason hurt when they go in for me.

I do hit nerves once in a while for quads, but i don go in fast in the first place, so I can clearly tell I hit it before any real pain starts, so i just pull up a bit and angle just slight a different way.
Quads are great! Plus you can use several different spots in one quad. That way you aren't hitting the same exact spot week after week. I go nice and slow, you can actually feel that you are getting near trouble before you get into the trouble.

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
Quads are great! Plus you can use several different spots in one quad. That way you aren't hitting the same exact spot week after week. I go nice and slow, you can actually feel that you are getting near trouble before you get into the trouble.
Can you eleborate on those diferent spots? When I hit quads I always go Lateral between the hip and knee joint. I diddn't know there were other sites available. Fill me in please. I can always use more options.

duckway

Board Supporter
Awards
Man... Just healing from a sust quad shot on Tuesday. Limped around for 3 days, had to skip.. I definately hit a nerve cause:

1. Felt the "pinch"
2. the damn thing swelled up almost right away.

I run about a 50/50 success rate in quads, but after this week am finally giving up. Only Glutes, and Delts in my future. Bicep shots make my arms swell, and Pec shots make my chest too tight..

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
triceps are probably my fav, shoulders second.

Neuromancer

Awards
  • Established
Can you eleborate on those diferent spots? When I hit quads I always go Lateral between the hip and knee joint. I diddn't know there were other sites available. Fill me in please. I can always use more options.
I also go on the outer side of my thigh, but you can move closer to your knee, or closer to your hip, but still on the outer side of the quad. Kinda hard to explain, but Hardlyworkin posted an attachment with a good graphic of what I mean in post #3. I don't move down too much, probably only about 2 inches, but still I would imagine its got to be better then going in the exact same spot everytime.

wojo

wojo

Awards
  • Established
got this from bb.com best one imo

Last edited:

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
I also go on the outer side of my thigh, but you can move closer to your knee, or closer to your hip, but still on the outer side of the quad. Kinda hard to explain, but Hardlyworkin posted an attachment with a good graphic of what I mean in post #3. I don't move down too much, probably only about 2 inches, but still I would imagine its got to be better then going in the exact same spot everytime.
Thanks. I'll have to experiment with that. I suppose if you used the upper end and lower end you could have a couple extra sites to use when injecting low volume stuff daily like tren.

myofreak

Awards
try shooting quads with Indian Sustanon 250, u will change your point of view fast.

nick99r6

Awards
i have pinned myself every where from glute, chest, tris, bis, lat, traps, and i dont like pinning in my quad i always hit a nerve

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
i have pinned myself every where from glute, chest, tris, bis, lat, traps, and i dont like pinning in my quad i always hit a nerve
It's weird how some people hate quad shots complaining like above, while others like myself love them. I never hit a nerve. In fact, for me they are the most pain free of all sites.

Bas4Lizzife

Awards
i'm very inexperienced with pinning, but I've hit each quad twice so far and have had few problems. There is some soreness the next day for me but it doesnt make sitting painful, just certain movements--like getting out of a chair-- ache a bit, but nothing that isn't worth the convenience and easy access. But I have plenty chances to hit a nerve ahead of me, so ask me again in a few weeks :)

Neuromancer

Awards
  • Established
Thanks. I'll have to experiment with that. I suppose if you used the upper end and lower end you could have a couple extra sites to use when injecting low volume stuff daily like tren.
Exactly. I usually only do it when I have alot of volume or ed/eod shots.

Neuromancer

Awards
  • Established
It's weird how some people hate quad shots complaining like above, while others like myself love them. I never hit a nerve. In fact, for me they are the most pain free of all sites.
I don't see what the big fuss is either. The only thing I notice is that the site does seem to be a bit more sore the next day, but very insignificant...in my own case anyway.

Stumbo

Awards
I started with my quads, tried glutes, now im never going back to quads.

Grant

Awards
  • Established
Tried quads again tonight.... Hit another damn nerve.

stage1

Awards
ive done 4/5 quad shots with pakistani sust250. each one was terrible!!!!

i was sore for upto a week after the shot.

PurEvl

Awards
I typically hit in no particular order

rear delts, side delts, traps, lats, occasional chest, quads, bis, tris, glutes and calves. I hate scar tissue so I switch it up alot.

Bas4Lizzife

Awards
But I have plenty chances to hit a nerve ahead of me, so ask me again in a few weeks :)
and wouldn't you know it, i went to pin my right quad today... went in and felt a little weird, went to aspirate and my leg twitched. So i switched pins, went over about 1/2" and same thing happened. So i pulled out a new pin and just said phukk it and hit my right cheek again. I'll give my left quad a go in a couple days though.

hardlyworkin

Awards
Thats weird that everyone has bad luck with quads. Just did left quad yesterday and no vein or nerves were hit. Although, quads do hurt more the days after injecting compared to glutes for me....

gobig1

Awards
Pain Free Quad Injects -

1 - Locate injection site, visibly free of surface veins and in a good "meaty" area.
2 - Sit down on toilet/chair/whatever and totally remove any tension in quad muscles by extending leg out straight and resting it on your heel. You should be able to move/roll the muscle and have no any tension/tightness in it.
3 - Using BOTH hands, inject into area slow and steady, aspirate and continue, with one hand hold the base of the syringe firm and steady next to injection site allowing NO MOVEMENT of the syringe/needle, with slow steady pressure, push on the syringe plunger and inject your liquid gold. (THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT, ANY movement of the needle inside will cause pain/soreness now and later)
4 - Once all liquid has been injected, remove slow and steady at the same angle of insertion.
***Remember it is not a race, it can take up to 5 minutes to inject 3ml's for me, slow and steady while minimizing the needle movement

KEY is to MINIMIZE movement of the needle inside your body, I have never had pain, not even from 2ml's T-Prop, 1-T-Cyp, total of 4ml's, etc., from a quad inject, not even the day after or 2+ days after.

Even with this technique, some will have pain, but wherever you inject if you minimize needle movement in the muscle you will minimize the pain during/after your injections.

Hope this helps.......

tryin

Awards
Hrmmm

got this from bb.com best one imo
Looks like you are almost injecting right into the top of the leg from these drawings. Is that where you guys are sticking yourselves?

I started off doing quads with just a Test E cycle and I was injecting into the outside of the quad. The injections were totally painless but I couldn't really walk for a few days afterwards.

Neuromancer

Awards
  • Established
Not on top, on the side. Usually upper outer quad.

tryin

Awards
Not on top, on the side. Usually upper outer quad.
Thanks. That's about where I was hitting them. I was always very steady with the needle and went slow with the injection.

Maybe it was just from the test? This time around it'll be a higher dosage of test plus deca. Quads would be a nice big muscle to put that much oil into in one shot. I wonder if the deca/test mix will make my leg as sore as the test alone?

Thanks.