Concerned Dad - AnabolicMinds.com

Concerned Dad

1. New Member
    Answers

Question Concerned Dad

I'll try and make this short and to the point. My son is 18 yrs old and plays college football, he is 6' 1" 205 lbs. his coaches want him to put on about 20 to 25 pounds. I've been telling him he just needs to eat alot and work out, but he has a high metabolism and can't seem to gain any weight, anyway he has his mind set and say's he is going to start doing supplements... such as Methyl 1-test and Muscletech Cell Tech. Since he won't listen to me and is going to take these supplements I would like to know where the best place to order them and what type of cycle should he be on.

thanks in advance for any reponses

2. Registered User
    Answers

Check your private messages.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AZHUSKER
    I'll try and make this short and to the point. My son is 18 yrs old and plays college football, he is 6' 1" 205 lbs. his coaches want him to put on about 20 to 25 pounds. I've been telling him he just needs to eat alot and work out, but he has a high metabolism and can't seem to gain any weight, anyway he has his mind set and say's he is going to start doing supplements... such as Methyl 1-test and Muscletech Cell Tech. Since he won't listen to me and is going to take these supplements I would like to know where the best place to order them and what type of cycle should he be on.

thanks in advance for any reponses
    I wouldn't be worried about the cell tech, all that is is sugar and creatine, both of which are harmless. The Methyl-1-Test (M1T) however has alot of nasty side effects, and most knowledgable people agree that age 21 is the absolute earliest that someone should use prohormones or anabolic steroids. If I were you, I'd do a search on M1T and learn firsthand the effects it has on people, then show your son everything it does, so that way he'll know before he tries it what it will do to him. Also make sure he is aware that it is against the drug policy of the NCAA to take M1T and alot of other prohormones. I've already read one post about somebody pissing hot for it and getting kicked off the team.

If he is going to take it, and you can't stop him, at least research proper doing and post cycle therapy protocols so he takes it as safely as possible. Make sure he knows that it is a steroid and can cause him long term damage, especially if used irresponsibly. Good luck.
    •   

4. SJA
    dead sexy wino
    Answers

Definitely bump on the NCAA rules. You may also want to research how long the chemicals stay in your system so as to avoid "pissing hot". I have not seen a thread on this yet but certainly would find it interesting if anyone has any information. I believe that M1T does not stay in your system for very long....but it is a really harsh compound.
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

I'd avoid M1T as well. For intense cardio, like football, it's just awful stuff and I fear it may be damaging as it drives cholesterol levels down to dangerously low levels. Cardio is often nearly impossible on M1T due to extreme pumps and shortness of breath. I fear to think what being forced to run steamers would be like on it.

I know nothing about NCAA regs but if I were going to use PHs for his application, I'd have him stick to basic 4AD/1Test transdermal stack with the appropriate post cycle therapy. It's simple "bread and butter" stack with usually minor sides.

Make sure he uses nolva for post cycle therapy.
  6. New Member
    Answers

well i think if ur kid is living at home..you can force him to not take em..he lives at home so he should follow ur rules..lay down the law and if he doesnt follow it, do something drastic to make him listen..such as make him quit the football team or something extreme..i mean i suppose it all depends on how agaist this you are.
    my just 2 cents
  7. Board Supporter
    Answers

heres a quick list of things to look up incase you missed them in the above posts.

1. side effects

2. dosage/length (if he still is going to take them)

3. liver protection (definatly is going to need some of this)

4. Post Cycle Therapy aka. PCT (taking something like nolva, this is a MUST for any kind of cycle, one of the most important parts of not screwing yourself up permanently and recovering your natural test. production)

5. His diet (if he has a crappy diet and/or not eating enough he will gain nothing from this, these arent miracle pills)

6. make sure his training is on track too. (same as above about not gaining if this isn't on track.)
  8. New Member
    Answers

well id be extremely weary of him taking m-1t, i played ball too and there is no way he will be able to get in his cardio/off-season sprinting work when he is on..i was/am a hard gainer, so i feel his pain, but m1-t isnt the way to go..whats his diet like?? it isnt managed by the training/strength staff??..at 18 he shouldnt really need ph's(and is definetly too young), but if he must, just stay away from the m-1t..and avoid cell-tech too..it just uses an insulin spike as a transport, which isnt that great in its own right, theres alot better creatine products out there..
  9. New Member
    Answers

Just a quick note on the creatine topic....SwoleV2 would be a much better selection than Muscle Tech. I'm on Swole now and it REALLY helps with the cardio endurance as it has added ingredients to maximize oxygen utilization.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  269 lbs.
    Answers

If he has his mind set on doing prohormones, get his mind off of M1T. Theres so many products with much better side effect profiles. M1T will get him bigger, but it will make him hate life. Theres lots of other good stuff out there like M1,4ADD, trans 1test and 4ad that are probably better options.
  11. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Answers

Creatine ethyl ester would be a good alternative. he could stunt his growth if he uses ph too early. get weight gainer shakes. I'm a hard gainer too. try to hold him off a few years on ph.
  12. Senior Member
    Answers

I agree with crisrico. I'd get something better than cell-tech. I myself would go with v-12 since its my favorite but I hear swole is good also.
  13. Senior Member
    Answers

There are all kinds of ways he could do permanent damage to his body by using hormones at age 18. I'm sure he knows others his age who use PH/AAS (we probably all do), but that doesn't make it safe. I agree with the others about the new creatine products, CEE & others. At that age, you can put on a lot of weight with a solid diet, tarining, & supplement plan.

Just keep in mind that Methyl 1-test (M1t) is by no means a supplement. It is an anabolic steroid, & one of the most hardcore in existence. M1t also will be an illegal scheduled drug 70 days from now when the ban passes. This is not a prohormone, it was somehow legal thru a loophole in the system. M1t has nasty side effects & is one of the worst things an 18 year old could take. If he does go thru with this, I'd suggest something safer/milder than M1t.
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

At his age, he should simply be able to EAT. I mean protein out the whazooo. I put on 22 lbs. simply doing that and training hard.

Part of his problem is like that he's training too hard from the practices and lifting. And, having lived in the athletic dorm at an SEC school, he's probably basically eating crap. Have him clean his diet up, get the cals up - esp. protein. And stick with a creatine, I like San's V-12. He can get it on The other one to try is CEE on www.customnutritionwarehouse.com (one of our sponsors)

Save the hormones for when he gets older and needs them to build muscle.
  15. Registered User
    Answers

please don't let him use ph/ps/aas
    i guarantee he can make improvements in his diet and his training and his rest that will allow him to make good gains
    he's just too young and he'll F up his body for the future
  16. New Member
    Answers

Yeah, tell him to save the steroids for when he's older and in the NFL. Then he'll be able to afford good drugs and professional advice on what/how to take them. The lesser of two evils?
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  175 lbs.
    Answers

He's young and full of Testosterone - he doesn't need AAS/PHs. If you really want him to gain weight you should get him a personal trainer and make sure he's got the basics down - proper workouts and nutrition. I suggest Bobo (FLA Nutrition http://www.flanutrition.com/). Otherwise you're looking for a "quick fix" and introducing the risk of many problems. Using anabolics also takes effort and discipline.
    I don't mean to sound preachy, but it is your son, so think of all the pros and cons before deciding. Good luck.
  18. New Member
    Answers

Thanks to everyone who replied, I will show him your replies and if nothing else, maybe he will look into something not so toxic for his system.
  19. New Member
    Answers

Azhusker,

Please explain to your son that he has atleast 3 years of vertical growth left. Taking prohormones/AAS WILL cause the growth plates in his bones to close. This is PERMINANT it is not reversible... period. If he has aspirations of playing pro ball ask him which would look better to a scout 6' 1" or 6' 3". Also, his natural test levels now exceed my own while on cycle. He truly does not need prohormones at this point in his life.

When I played football in HS, I was a hard gainer then and remained one for many years until I began to understand the importance of diet (quantities and timing). Diet is 70% of adding exoskeletal muscle. The other 30% is composed of training style, rest and supplements. Those are listed in order of importance.

Your son should be eating 4000 - 5000 calories a day split up in 8 to 10 meals with a protein/carbohydrate/fat split of 40/40/20. Each gram of protein contains 4 calories, the same with carbs. Fat contains 9 calories per gram. So a 4500 calorie diet would breakdown as follows:

450 grams of protein per day
    450 grams of carbs per day
    100 grams of fat per day

Try to keep fat intake after 8 pm to a minimum and also try not to go more than 3 hours max without eating. He should eat a slow digesting protein meal with low GI carbs before bed and a protein shake with a high carb breakfast in the morning. I eat every two hours except when sleeping.

All the prohormone/steroids in the world will do jack **** without a correct diet and rest.

I can also tell you that if he takes M1T by itself with no knowledge of its side effects it will probably be his last as he will be one miserable SOB.
  20. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'11"  264 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by uridium245
    Azhusker,

All the prohormone/steroids in the world will do jack **** without a correct diet and rest.
    truer words never spoken (Written)
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Concerned about my Trans(4AD& 1-T)
    By jetset in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-03-2004, 09:59 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-22-2003, 05:13 AM
  3. ? concerning Deca again
    By NoviceSekinHelp in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8