Awards
  • Established
Pregnelone

DHEA

I will really be pissed if they are.

Jeff

Awards
  • Established
I don't think they are. The senior citizen lobby will be pissed if DHEA is on the list.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
I don't think they are. The senior citizen lobby will be pissed if DHEA is on the list.
Hey! I'm only 33 man :p
Actually DHEA was left out, so that's good for new analogs like the 7OH too. I couldn't do PCT with out it. Pretty sure the preg is safe too.

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys...I swear by these 2 supps/hormones for us older folk.

Jeff

Awards
  • Established
I've been thinking about adding DHEA to my supplement regime too, my HRT doc (before I quit) talked to me about taking it. What do you guys think about it, how has it helped you, how do you dose it, etc?

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
I take it at 200mg/d on PCT and 100mg/d normally. I usually don't take it on cycle. It has so many health benefits, I don't even know where to start. But it's a good addition if you want a moderately strong androgen that keeps immunity and libido up as an HRT alternative. I've been taking it since it first came out in the mid 90's. It has mental benefits as well.

diamonddave

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Does it affect any of your natural hormonal production/balance?

dd

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
At fat doses it might, but even at 200mg/d oral, it only made my boys bigger. So I say no, unless you get greedy with the dose

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
stuff is great,I swear I used to need reading glasses for newspapers and magazines.I have been taking DHEA 200mg a day for 2 months and I do not need the glasses anymore.I cant believe it im also taking 100mg of Pregnlone with it..

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
At fat doses it might, but even at 200mg/d oral, it only made my boys bigger. So I say no, unless you get greedy with the dose
I'd agree, I've used DHEA at ~50mgs a day for about 7 years, nothing but a positive impression of it's general health promoting benefits.

I use Preg now instead, being the more basic hormonal precursor. My experience with Preg has been similar to a lot of substances I use, a strong initial reaction, then no apparent felt effect. I would attribute this to a combination of reaching statis in a missing measure of my biochemistry and/or tolerance, but that's ok, health maintainence is not supposed to feel differently than an ongoing energetic state of functioning.

I've also started using Preg as a dermal, about 15mgs a day, based on my readings of the increased bioavaliability of DHEA as a dermal versus oral use.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
I've also started using Preg as a dermal, about 15mgs a day, based on my readings of the increased bioavaliability of DHEA as a dermal versus oral use.
Great idea, sounds very economical too.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys...I swear by these 2 supps/hormones for us older folk.
Old Folks Rule! :thumbsup:

That's an interesting benefit about you glasses. Pretty cool stuff no doubt. After my juicin' days are over, I'll still keep these two supps for sure I figure.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Side add to this topic, But I would swear, and the studies support this, My belief that Vinpocetine and Piracetam have improved my eyesight and hearing. It's a combination of increased blood flow and nerve transmission within the brain.

Last year, a optomomologist told me that everyone over age 40 or so needs reading glasses, so far I beg to differ, Doctor No nothing about enhanced performance through chemistry.

Jeff

Awards
  • Established
Stupid question, I got a GNC gift certificate and was wondering if thier brand of DHEA would be ok, I usually don't buy anything from them but free stuff( or deaply discounted) is hard to pass up.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Stupid question, I got a GNC gift certificate and was wondering if thier brand of DHEA would be ok, I usually don't buy anything from them but free stuff( or deaply discounted) is hard to pass up.
I have tried many brands and never found that one had a quality advantage. So yeah, why not. It might be overpriced but you have a coupon! I have actually come to prefer one of the cheaper brands.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
Give someone the GNC coupon for Christmas so you don't actually have to go into one of those places. If you must go, put a brown bag over your head in case one of the bro's sees you. I think you may get banned if you get caught in there. And put a smiley face on the brown bag, so you look kinda like Tribaltek's avatar; that should keep you safe. Oh, and as for DHEA, I think it has been proven. I use 7-Keto DHEA t/d post-cycle. I know the 2 are somewhat different, however. At 38, I must say I am in the old-guy club too. No point in denying it although I feel like a kid most of the time.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
As far as DHEA use for women, are the guidelines for usage any different than for men? I was thinking on getting my wife on it to perhaps even out her hormonal mood swings (and yeah kick her libido up a notch he he). Should I keep the dose lower..at say 50 mg/d.

-or would Preg be a better choice?

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
The recommendations for women are to take about half of what Men do, about 15-25 mgs ED. The best way to use DHEA or Preg is run it for awhile, then do a bloodtest to see how your dosing is working.

My preference for Preg over Dhea is in my gut feerling that my body will convert the Preg I 'm taking to optimize the variety of hormones it's the base to, and drop the rest, but I would generally recommend DHEA over Preg to others, just because there is much more data avaliable to review.