Cleaning skin after transdermal application - AnabolicMinds.com

Cleaning skin after transdermal application

1. eru

Cleaning skin after transdermal application

How long do you have to wait to wash off the area of skin that you used for applying a transdermal (LG's 1-T Hydroxy Test in my case)?

And can you wash it off with just water or can you use hand soap?

I rubbed it in well about 10 minutes ago and there is no visible residue but the skin is a bit sticky and has that strong smell.

Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Generally you'll want to shower every 12 hours and then reapply the transdermal..alternating application areas as often as possible. Apply over a larger surface area so that it can absorb more evenly and avoid stickiness.
  3. eru

Quote Originally Posted by bioman
    Generally you'll want to shower every 12 hours and then reapply the transdermal..alternating application areas as often as possible. Apply over a larger surface area so that it can absorb more evenly and avoid stickiness.
    Yea.

Anyway, it's been about 2 hours since application and my skin feels normal now (though it still has a slight scent to it from the lotion) so it seems like everything is OK.
    •   

I would say, based on personal experience and what I've read from people like Par Deus is that a 2 hour wait before a light soap wash/scrub to remove residual stickness is about right.

That is what I have heard also. A 2hr wait before workouts is desirable also.

From an old post of mine on Par's board:

(Note that this information does not apply to Lipoderm-Y or any other topical designed for distribution of a hydrophillic active)

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowJack,Nov 12 2003, 03:37 PM
    Showering 2 hours after applying a topical PH should not pose a problem, unless you are scrubbing the applied area.

Androgens partition into the SC rather easily, due to their lipophillic nature. Par's old rule with ONE, 4-ADerm, etc. was always 30 min. You should avoid getting the applied area wet and avoid sweating for 30 min. after application. After that, you are good to go.

Now washing/scrubbing the applied area is a different story then just getting the applied area wet, or sweating. Scrubbing will remove part of the SC, taking the androgen with it. So go ahead and take a shower, but do not scrub the area where you applied the topical PH.

With that said, the BEST time to apply is still right after your shower, IMO.
    Stats
    6'2"  305 lbs.

I have to agree with Shadow, the best time to apply is after showering, and scrubbing the planned site.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Loose skin after weight loss and TITAN laser
    By okboy63 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-10-2005, 08:53 AM
  2. Red flushing of the skin after using HM Gear
    By justinlarged in forum Anabolics
    Last Post: 08-14-2004, 12:42 PM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-29-2004, 04:02 AM
  4. how long after 4ad application can I workout?
    By slydeflex in forum Anabolics
    Last Post: 07-16-2004, 09:10 PM
  5. Transdermal application...
    By Neuromancer in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-25-2004, 02:06 PM