Please critique 1st timer plan

Oatmeal_King

Awards
CONTEXT:
-First timer, bloodwork says low end of normal testosterone (35 years old); tired of slow gains and want to give this a try.
-Training for many years - training intelligently and eating properly about three years.
-Training, nutrition, drugs, and lifestyle all locked down already.

-First trial will be two week duration. I will reassess at two week mark.

### ON PROGRAM

DRUGS:
-S1+ 6 squirts each @630am & @630pm

TRAINING:
-Mon/Wed/Fri - Lower Body: 3-4 sets of 6-10 reps per bodypart
-Tue/Thu/Sat - Upper Body: 3-4 sets of 6-10 reps per bodypart

-Base Tempo will be 3/0/2. Alternate supersets with 1 min rest.
-No sets taken to failure (try for one rep less than failure)
-Start with ~12RM and add 2% - 5% to the bar each session (HST principles)
-Almost all exercises will be uni-lateral or dumbbells

NUTRITION:
-Start at 22Kcal/lb & assess from there:
-2g/lb Protein (8Kcal)
-27% Fats (equally split among sat, mono, poly) (6Kcal)
-2g/lb Carbs (8kcal)
-Mostly whole foods; shakes right before bed and after workouts

SUPPLEMENTS:
-6g - 9g fish oil
-Flax, hemp, olive oil to fill out fat needs
-Workout drinks with dextrose, hydrolyzed whey
-Saw Palmetto 3x daily to keep old man `tate from getting too beefy
-Xandrox 5%
-Spironolactone 5%

### OFF PROGRAM
DRUGS:
-Week 1: Cytotam Tamoxifen Citrate 60mg daily
-Week 2: Cytotam Tamoxifen Citrate 30mg daily
-Week 3-4: continue 30mg daily (hopefully I can recover in two weeks)

TRAINING:
-Mon/Thu - Lower Body: 3-5 sets of 3-6 reps per bodypart
-Tue/Fri - Upper Body: 3-5 sets of 3-6 reps per bodypart

-Base Tempo will be 3/1/x. Alternate supersets with 2 min rest.
-No sets taken to failure (try for one rep less than failure)
-Start with new estimated 7RM and add 2% to bar per session
-Probably alternate heavy/light; e.g: Mon 5x3 / Thu 3x6

NUTRITION:
-Start at 18Kcal/lb (should be about maintenance x 1.2)
-1.25g/lb Protein (5Kcal)
-30% Fats (equally split mono, poly; sat at 10%) (6Kcal)
-1.75g/lb Carbs (7kcal)
-Mostly whole foods; shakes right before bed and after workouts

SUPPLEMENTS:
-7-oxo (If I can find it)
-HMB 1g every 3 hours
-Creatine
-6g-9g fish oil
-EC possibly if I am dragging
-Flax, hemp, olive oil to fill out fat needs
-Workout drinks with dextrose, hydolyzed whey, creatine & taurine

### PLANNED MESO/META CYCLES:
-2on/2(or 4)off and if it works out okay, then..
-2on/2(or 4)off
-2on/2(or 4)off
-4-6 week conjugate training scheme; overall focus on maximal strength
-1-2 week rest with minimum effective maintenance training load
-CKD to lean back down to 10% bodyfat

### QUESTIONS:
The "bros" tell me nothing will happen in two weeks, but according to the manufacturer, S1+ should result in increased serum levels within 24 hours. I think I will have an easier time retaining any gains if I do not extend the ON period and end up shutdown. Does this make sense?

Does my meta cycle plan for the next few months seem like a reasonable approach to keep gains?

Is depression exacerbated when coming off these compounds?

Thanks in advance!!

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
The "bros" tell me nothing will happen in two weeks, but according to the manufacturer, S1+ should result in increased serum levels within 24 hours. I think I will have an easier time retaining any gains if I do not extend the ON period and end up shutdown. Does this make sense?
You will get shut down. Its unavoidable. Having a two week cycle will not prevent this. You should run a six week cycle. That should maximize your gains. Even a four week cycle would be better then a two week cycle. M1T is the only compound I know of that you could reasonably expect any kind of results from a two week cycle.

Does my meta cycle plan for the next few months seem like a reasonable approach to keep gains?
Again, the 2 on 2 off scheme was designed for M1T not S1+. 6 weeks would have a better effect.

Is depression exacerbated when coming off these compounds?
Yes. You will have low test and that can cause depression. The better your PCT the quicker it will end.

diamonddave

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
My personal opinion is that two weeks of s1+ won't do much for you. Listen to the bros who have used it, not the manufacturer. I think at 2 weeks you'll just be beginning to feel this stuff kicking in. I think you would want to run an absolute minimum of 4 weeks, but 6 weeks would be preferable and most effective. I think the dose sounds OK, just plan for a longer cycle. I don't have any thoughts on your routine. Hopefully, you have developed this from your lifting experience and feel that your body responds to this type of training. If that's the case, I think your fine in that department.

dd

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
I just finished an S1+ cycle (my first as well). 6 sprays am & pm for a total of 12 a day. during the second week I felt a little different and by the3rd and 4th is when all the weights started to move up, consistantly. I stayed on for a total of 5 weeks and will probably do 6 next time. Nolva pct is working like a charm. Also taking Tribosten, just for grins. Got a good solid breakout on upper arms and shoulders a few days into pct because of the hormonal disarray, but 3 days later and almost all breakout signs are gone.

So, definately do 5-6 weeks.

Longdog

Awards
  • Established
I fully agree with making it a 6 week cycle. The "bros" are correct, 2 weeks would be foolish. You will still shut down your HPTA & experience the other sides, but you will not get any of the benefits.
Yes, your serum test levels will rise in 1-2 days on 1-test/4ad, you are taking exogenous hormones. You will not see any gains that fast, and your test levels willl drop tremendously when you stop.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
they are right if you still have doubts re evaluate after 2 wks. you wont notice much the first week. the second week you should notice it. only 1 week of gains is not very much.

Oatmeal_King

Awards
Thank you for the feedback.

I am running into a domestic issue - basically my wife is concerned about coming into contact with any traces of S1+ laying around. In short, after a hell of a lot of planning, it looks like I may have to scrap this. Sucks.

For orals, it looks like M1T might be the best bet. Gonna have to start from scratch and do more research.

Thanks again!

pestis

pestis

Awards
If pinning is an option, look into 4ad and 1-test cyp. I am 35 also. my natty test level is around 400ng/dl. 8 weeks into 1test cyp and 4ad cyp it is at 1556.
good luck bro,
Pestis

Thank you for the feedback.

I am running into a domestic issue - basically my wife is concerned about coming into contact with any traces of S1+ laying around. In short, after a hell of a lot of planning, it looks like I may have to scrap this. Sucks.

For orals, it looks like M1T might be the best bet. Gonna have to start from scratch and do more research.

Thanks again!