How to cut on ph?

jucekb

Awards
How do I cut on a ph like halodrol ... Or should I just bulk??

crispycrown

crispycrown

Awards
Halo is a wet compound and will make you retain water weight I believe so most say bulk on halo (not sure never cut on it)

I think cutting is easy enough naturally for me and I just focus on muscle gain for cycles. If you keep a lean bulk and keep the fat down that extra muscle an strength coming off will make cutting easier.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
its really no different than naturally losing weight or body fat, tailor your diet and monitor food intake....

zeroshens

Awards
Just focus your diet for fat loss and add in the juice. We use those to stay anabolic!

KenTheEagle

KenTheEagle

Awards
  • Established
Definately everything depends on diet, but some compounds would provide a better cut than others due to their nature, theres a lot of factors on each compound, epi would cut you (even if you eat junk food, obvously not overdoing it) while methoxy would make you gain fat/water, ect. you need to set your goals and study each compound you plan to use. some people even cut pretty well on superdrol, others dont, its all diet dependant... id say 50 percent the diet and 50 percent the compound, i had a friend who was cut as fk and he was drinking high amounts of sugary coke and some junk food (also had his nutrition on point) he was running winny and deca, cant remember. good luck and set your goals... what you want, recomp, lean gains, bulking, ect... you want a recomp, then cut your carbs by 30-40%... you want lean gains, eat more protein and moderate carbs, you want to cut, then eat atleast 500-1000 calories less, measure each portion, avoid sugars (besides fruit), ect.

Axillist

Axillist

Awards
You can definitely cut on halo! Just keep your diet ultra strict and do HIIT while also doing strength training to keep or gain muscle!

jucekb

Awards
What is a recomp?I've hear the terms so many times

Axillist

Axillist

Awards
In short, a recomp is lowering bodyfat while maintaining or gaining muscle. This is attained by getting all your required nutrients while only going slightly above your maintenance calories. If you want more info that that I would highly suggest you use a web browser of your choice!

jucekb

Awards
That depends . I'm 9% bf right now and I was wondering how a bulk would affect that

Axillist

Axillist

Awards
If putting on another 2% fat wont drive you crazy, then go for a bulk. It's a lot easier than a recomp and you'll put on a lot of mass. Granted a good deal of it will be fat but you will put on mass nonetheless!

Also, Halodrol isn't really a wet compound. While not as dry as Epi, it's fairly moderate and it definitely won't cause you to bloat up like a pig.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cutting = eating below maintenance...

jucekb

Awards
What I meant by the question is will I gain more muscle on a bulk than a recomp

KenTheEagle

KenTheEagle

Awards
  • Established
It also depends on the compound, you seem confused, and ill probably confuse you more, but i no longer believe in bulking diets, i found they only make you gain fat and water, and yes also muscle and glycogen, but as LEAN muscle goes, it does not... so if you want to gain quality mass, just up your protein intake according to your needs, to me bulking means "eating all the trash you can to gain weight".... gaining muscle is" eat properly, only you know your body.

is better to up the protein.

Gaining muscle while eating properly, will lead you to fat loss as well IMO

Axillist

Axillist

Awards

If you do the recomp 100% correctly then you will gain the same amount of muscle mass. Just keep in mind that it's a science and it's not easy to do.

jucekb

Awards
Great i will do a recomp... What I've been doing on a ph is eat a tablespoon of peanut butter every time I take it. And I also bump up protein to 2 grams per pound of body weight and eating about 50 more grams of complex carbs and 10-15 more grams of fats ( mono and poly)

jucekb

Awards
Doing that I lost about 1% bf and gained about 4 pounds on winstrol ( 4 week)

Axillist

Axillist

Awards
If you ran Winstrol and didn't have joint pain I'd vote to go for Epi instead of halodrol.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards

jucekb

Awards
I had severe knee and elbow pain .. I bought some glucosamine for my joints and they were fine since then

BeastMode 1

BeastMode 1

Awards
If putting on another 2% fat wont drive you crazy, then go for a bulk. It's a lot easier than a recomp and you'll put on a lot of mass. Granted a good deal of it will be fat but you will put on mass nonetheless!
a good deal of weight gained while using anabolics will be fat?? ...not if your diet is on point-which it should be be4 considering stepping into the dark side.

gaining 10-15 lbs while decreasing(or at least keeping the same) bf is doable on Epi

Axillist

Axillist

Awards
a good deal of weight gained while using anabolics will be fat?? ...not if your diet is on point-which it should be be4 considering stepping into the dark side.

gaining 10-15 lbs while decreasing(or at least keeping the same) bf is doable on Epi
If your diet is on point it's more of a lean bulk or a recomp In my opinion. Many people view a bulk as putting on as much mass as possible. I'm not doubting Epi nor any other prohormones ability, I was simply speaking in terms of what is considered a bulk which would be considered eating vastly more calories than maintenance. Usually when straight bulking people eat a lot of fatty foods in order to get max calories.

BeastMode 1

BeastMode 1

Awards
If your diet is on point it's more of a lean bulk or a recomp In my opinion. Many people view a bulk as putting on as much mass as possible. I'm not doubting Epi nor any other prohormones ability, I was simply speaking in terms of what is considered a bulk which would be considered eating vastly more calories than maintenance. Usually when straight bulking people eat a lot of fatty foods in order to get max calories.
i hear you on that. I dont get how people do "dirty" bulks. i always try to keep it lean and clean. but thats just me, everyone is different and has different goals.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
i hear you on that. I dont get how people do "dirty" bulks. i always try to keep it lean and clean. but thats just me, everyone is different and has different goals.
easy: hot pockets, sonic blizzards, and baconators

dagger1

Awards
Answering your main question, any steroind(yes h-drol is an anabolic steroid) can be used for cutting, the muscles wont break down if diet is insufficient for a cut and they prevent muscle loss, simple as that

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
A calorie is a calorie (basically).

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
thats the way i see it, the term "dirty" gets thrown around too much.......

jucekb

Awards
I thought dirty meant more than 500 calories over maintenance and clean was under 500

av6258

av6258

Awards
I have to slightly disagree. Yes technically they are all "calories" a calorie of processed saturated fat will impact your body much differently than a calorie of lean protein or complex carb.

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
I have to slightly disagree. Yes technically they are all "calories" a calorie of processed saturated fat will impact your body much differently than a calorie of lean protein or complex carb.
Well sure there are different types of macronutrients, but in terms of body composition, that "processed fat" isn't going to have any negative effect if the target caloric intake is maintained.

Overall health; yes we could debate that, maybe.