Water intake during Hdrol cycle

1kerry

Awards
Hi guys, I have a quick question...I always drink intra-workout supps (bcaa, glutamine, etc) with at least 1 liter of water and a post training also with at least 400ml of water, so....do I still need to drink another gallon of plain water?

thanks!

Riskyb

Awards
I've never read where drinking more than a gallon a day was beneficial... Kidneys only needs 1 liter of fluid to function without problems. Unless you're taking harmful substances I don't see the benefit of so much h2o

1kerry

Awards
I have read tons of times that during the hdrol cycle the water intake should be at least a gallon....

Im 191.5 lbs

zeroshens

Awards
As an athlete you should be drinking at least one gallon of water a day - minimum. At least two a day is typically a pretty good place to start.

H2o is greAt. It hydrates, cleanses, as well as keeps you full. Drink as much as you like!

Riskyb

Awards
Find me a piece of literature stating you need to drink more than a gallon or 2 a day. Total b.s., it's been proven that people that do moderate exercise need 8 glasses of water a day. The person not running around sweating requires even less. Beyond the 8 glasses of water a day, you should be drinking what you sweat. Now if you really think you're sweating a gallon of water... you must be training for hours inside of a sauna. There are dangers involved with drinking excess water... but don't take my word for it... you guys rely too much on bro science

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
Find me a piece of literature stating you need to drink more than a gallon or 2 a day. Total b.s., it's been proven that people that do moderate exercise need 8 glasses of water a day. The person not running around sweating requires even less. Beyond the 8 glasses of water a day, you should be drinking what you sweat. Now if you really think you're sweating a gallon of water... you must be training for hours inside of a sauna. There are dangers involved with drinking excess water... but don't take my word for it... you guys rely too much on bro science
I thought the measurement was 8 standard measuring cups (2 litres)-as glasses can vary in size. However i also believe that this was the recomendation for the average person. I thought the recomendation for athletes was to drink at least 3 litres a day . I can drink 4 litres of water easy some days. Ive also foudn as i gain more muscle i crave more water.