Best liver support and why?

lboston

lboston

Awards
Looking for information as to what some gents feel is the best liver support supplement for on/ off-cycle use.

What about specific type/ brands/ bang for the buck?

crispycrown

crispycrown

Awards
Liv 52!!!! been around for awhile and powerful stuff, used for clean, detox, support, you name it and liv 52 will do it.

numerous studies done showing the potency of it and all at a good cost too. the simplest google search will pull up bunches of products for hundreds of tablets under a buck. i take it constantly, on or off cycle

lboston

lboston

Awards
Liv 52!!!! been around for awhile and powerful stuff, used for clean, detox, support, you name it and liv 52 will do it.

numerous studies done showing the potency of it and all at a good cost too. the simplest google search will pull up bunches of products for hundreds of tablets under a buck. i take it constantly, on or off cycle
Mainly considering that or something with TUDCA.
However, I've seen articles online that seem to support the use of SAMe as well.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
UDCA > TUDCA > Liver Juice > Standard Milk Thistle

UDCA - obvious, pharmaceutical product created for liver protection
TUDCA - Similar, only ranked less because the taurine becomes part of the product's weight, so more needed, in theory.
Liver Juice - Best Milk Thistle product available.
Milk Thistle - Best herb available.

I personally like the combination of UDCA and Liver Juice. I have come out of cycles in range for LFTs.

lboston

lboston

Awards
UDCA > TUDCA > Liver Juice > Standard Milk Thistle

UDCA - obvious, pharmaceutical product created for liver protection
TUDCA - Similar, only ranked less because the taurine becomes part of the product's weight, so more needed, in theory.
Liver Juice - Best Milk Thistle product available.
Milk Thistle - Best herb available.

I personally like the combination of UDCA and Liver Juice. I have come out of cycles in range for LFTs.
Going to pick up the liver juice...need to find either some UDCA or TUDCA

SuperPro

SuperPro

Awards
Going to pick up the liver juice...need to find either some UDCA or TUDCA
Aegis is the easiest TUDCA to get, there's sites around where you can get it for 40$ for a 30 day supply(at 4 125mg caps a day). UDCA is on many research chem sites.

lboston

lboston

Awards
Aegis is the easiest TUDCA to get, there's sites around where you can get it for 40$ for a 30 day supply(at 4 125mg caps a day). UDCA is on many research chem sites.
You guys have any knowledge on SAMe? It seems to be very reasonable from NOW foods.
Some sites seem to really believe in the benefits of the product...not NOWs in particular, just SAMe.

Warwarrior

Awards
People often worry about their liver when they do gear, which is smart don't get me wrong, but what they really should be concerned in the long term is their heart and kidney.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If using orals, look for organ support as well as TUDCA/UDCA. If only pinning, overall organ support becomes a must. A healthy dose of CEL Cycle Assist is a nice addition.

SuperPro

SuperPro

Awards
I believe there's some studies on pubmed about TUDCA/UDCA and their affect on the kidneys. Not sure if any are conclusive though.

Roniboney

Awards
N2 Guard and Cycle Support are my favorites.I thought N2 Guard would be better tahn Cycle Support but my blood test show that as long as I keep the cycle support in for the entire cycle and PCT my liver enzymes bounce right back.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
People often worry about their liver when they do gear, which is smart don't get me wrong, but what they really should be concerned in the long term is their heart and kidney.
UDCA/TUDCA will have a benefit to lipid profile.
It is also a reason why I recommend our TOCO-8 product to be utilized throughout a cycle, and not just in PCT.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
UDCA/TUDCA will have a benefit to lipid profile.
It is also a reason why I recommend our TOCO-8 product to be utilized throughout a cycle, and not just in PCT.

You don't happen to have the info on UDCA at high doses repairing damage do you? I've lost it.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You don't happen to have the info on UDCA at high doses repairing damage do you? I've lost it.
I am at work right now. Somewhere at home I have a file with links to UDCA information. I can't guarantee it will be tonight, but by tomorrow night I will see if I can get some of that copied over here.

Shawn26

This pick up a bottle of Aegis, your liver will thank you later on

specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established
Hey, looking for a rules clarification here. I found UDCA at a popular online retailer where a lot of people buy books. Is that considered discussing sources here? I'm not sure of the legal status of UDCA. But, I wanted to post the link to get some opinions about if this source and stuff is legit and if anyone had any experience with the source. But......I don't wanna moderator smak down either.

EDIT:Sorry for the typo, it's TUDCA (500g) for $15.00. Sounds too good to be true but they have a good rating on the as yet unnamed reseller site.

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
May be dumb but I'm still learning so bare withe but precautions do u guys take for your kidneys, I havent ventured to PHs or AAS yet, but I've had a couple bouts with stones so I'm curious what precautions you guys take when cycling and off cycle for kidney health? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

Shawn26

I am at work right now. Somewhere at home I have a file with links to UDCA information. I can't guarantee it will be tonight, but by tomorrow night I will see if I can get some of that copied over here.
Sweat, I'd be interested in seeing this as well

Lacrossedude6

Lacrossedude6

Awards
Newb question but I have heard that supps like milk thistle weaken your androgen receptors, therefore weakening the absorption of your anabolic, does anyone know if this is the case with a supplement like TUDCA

Shawn26

Newb question but I have heard that supps like milk thistle weaken your androgen receptors, therefore weakening the absorption of your anabolic, does anyone know if this is the case with a supplement like TUDCA
No, this is not the case with TUDCA, its actually the opposite and can be used to possibly help enhance absorption. Products like Aegis can be taken at the same time as your PH dosage.

Lacrossedude6

Lacrossedude6

Awards
No, this is not the case with TUDCA, its actually the opposite and can be used to possibly help enhance absorption. Products like Aegis can be taken at the same time as your PH dosage.
Very interesting, thanks for the info, TUDCA sounds very promising

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey, looking for a rules clarification here. I found UDCA at a popular online retailer where a lot of people buy books. Is that considered discussing sources here? I'm not sure of the legal status of UDCA. But, I wanted to post the link to get some opinions about if this source and stuff is legit and if anyone had any experience with the source. But......I don't wanna moderator smak down either.

EDIT:Sorry for the typo, it's TUDCA (500g) for $15.00. Sounds too good to be true but they have a good rating on the as yet unnamed reseller site.
ROFL 500g for 15 bucks... ya right. Please don't buy their 500g of God know's what.

May be dumb but I'm still learning so bare withe but precautions do u guys take for your kidneys, I havent ventured to PHs or AAS yet, but I've had a couple bouts with stones so I'm curious what precautions you guys take when cycling and off cycle for kidney health? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
Water, water, water, water, and NAC and/or Cycle Assist.

Milk thistle is an herb, it does effect the receptors but it's not something i've ever worried about as it shouldn't pose too much of a problem. But with any type of support product, i dose well away from any anabolic compound.

specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established
ROFL 500g for 15 bucks... ya right. Please don't buy their 500g of God know's what.
The listing is hosed from what I can tell. It's 5g which by their math is 20 x 250mg doses.

specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established
The listing is hosed from what I can tell. It's 5g which by their math is 20 x 250mg doses.
Yeah, so I emailed them an inquiry and here is their reply:

Mike,

I'm sorry, it appears our listing is incorrect for the 5 Grams of TUDCA. 5 Grams is actually only 20 servings, whereas the 25 Grams is 500 Servings.

Hope this clears everything up,
Math much??? So, no. It does not clear everything up.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
All we care about is the amount of UDCA it is, not how many servings they say that's irrelevant. If it's 25g for 15 bucks that's a deal, 25g for 15 bucks is still too good to be true... by a long shot.

specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established
I'll pass. I just ordered the Aegis version. If it was a less important organ I might chance it but there's no telling what I'd actually get. At least sticking with a proven brand, I'll get the real deal.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'll pass. I just ordered the Aegis version. If it was a less important organ I might chance it but there's no telling what I'd actually get. At least sticking with a proven brand, I'll get the real deal.
UDCA is not cheap, and hard to source; 25g is a lot for only 15 dollars. Antaeus Lab's is a good place to put your trust. I've been very happy with Aegis so far. Although i've been working with some friends to go in together and buy a kilo of UDCA possibly, which would be awesome :)

specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established
I think it must be some O that "new math". What they actually have is 5G for $15 or 25g for $65. And, it may be plaster of paris dust from a demolition site in China for all we know.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
25g for 65 dollars is much more legit, that sounds about right.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Figured it wasn't UDCA, which is a medication (ursodiol). TUDCA features the addition of taurine and is available OTC. That price is a bit low though, I would be weary. I no longer purchase bulks from anyone that isnt established and trusted.

Sweat, I'd be interested in seeing this as well
I should be able to check tonight, sorry was distracted last night.

UDCA is not cheap, and hard to source; 25g is a lot for only 15 dollars. Antaeus Lab's is a good place to put your trust. I've been very happy with Aegis so far. Although i've been working with some friends to go in together and buy a kilo of UDCA possibly, which would be awesome :)
Everything Antaeus has made, that I have tried, has been awesome. I am very much a fan of them and would back them up in any situation.

Shawn26

Figured it wasn't UDCA, which is a medication (ursodiol). TUDCA features the addition of taurine and is available OTC. That price is a bit low though, I would be weary. I no longer purchase bulks from anyone that isnt established and trusted.

I should be able to check tonight, sorry was distracted last night.

Everything Antaeus has made, that I have tried, has been awesome. I am very much a fan of them and would back them up in any situation.
Sweet good to hear, and no worries take your time... there is no rush

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm using liver xt and liv 52 for my upcoming superdrol cycle. I refuse to torture my liver lol.

Yup, always had great success with Liver Assist XT, but i've moved to CEL Cycle Assist lately as i love the organ support it provides.

Roniboney

Awards
Yup, always had great success with Liver Assist XT, but i've moved to CEL Cycle Assist lately as i love the organ support it provides.
Have to agree with this.For the price it's the best.

N2 Guard is pretty good also with it's added taurine and multi included but imo cycle assist and cycle support are some of the best products out there.

Btw Rhadam why do bbrs buy whey protein? aware

SuperPro

SuperPro

Awards
Whey protein has the best absorption rate post workout.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Guys, I have bad news.

I remembered last night to grab my text file of UDCA study links, and realized that folder wasn't backed up when i switched computers a couple months ago. Looks like I no longer have access to the file (along with about 15-20 other text files on certain compounds, :( ).

SuperPro

SuperPro

Awards
Whey protein absorbs quicker than casein for instance. It's a well known fact that for about an hour post workout your body absorbs protein more efficiently, because of this it would be better to take whey protein as a post workout than casein. However casein protein will still absorb better post workout than it does at other times, but not as well as whey protein since the casein absorbs over a period of about 7 hours, and the whey will absorb in about 2 hours. Soy protein is also supposed to be fast absorbing but I've heard rumors about it raising estrogen levels.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19589961

"We conclude that the feeding-induced simulation of MPS in young men is greater after whey hydrolysate or soy protein consumption than casein both at rest and after resistance exercise; moreover, despite both being fast proteins, whey hydrolysate stimulated MPS to a greater degree than soy after resistance exercise."

There are a lot of studies on this, this one dealt with 10g of each type of protein administered either at rest or post workout.

SuperPro

SuperPro

Awards

zeroshens

Awards
Just ordered some udca for testing. Can't wait to try it out.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Guys, I have bad news.

I remembered last night to grab my text file of UDCA study links, and realized that folder wasn't backed up when i switched computers a couple months ago. Looks like I no longer have access to the file (along with about 15-20 other text files on certain compounds, :( ).
Bleh, i jinxed you with my own HDD failure! NOOOOOOOOO

If ANYONE has the text for UDCA and liver restoration, post it. Otherwise i'll be using my library search engine for a while to find it.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Whey protein absorbs quicker than casein for instance. It's a well known fact that for about an hour post workout your body absorbs protein more efficiently, because of this it would be better to take whey protein as a post workout than casein. However casein protein will still absorb better post workout than it does at other times, but not as well as whey protein since the casein absorbs over a period of about 7 hours, and the whey will absorb in about 2 hours. Soy protein is also supposed to be fast absorbing but I've heard rumors about it raising estrogen levels.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19589961

"We conclude that the feeding-induced simulation of MPS in young men is greater after whey hydrolysate or soy protein consumption than casein both at rest and after resistance exercise; moreover, despite both being fast proteins, whey hydrolysate stimulated MPS to a greater degree than soy after resistance exercise."

There are a lot of studies on this, this one dealt with 10g of each type of protein administered either at rest or post workout.
No one is asking about protein, nor do we care. The "anabolic window" became irrelevant the moment it was proven that the body stays anabolic for over 24 hours post bout. Protein digestion rates are IRRELEVANT.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh ****, I smell another protein debate coming on, backing out for awhile.
Thank God you said this, out brought me to my senses, I was getting ready to get into it . I'll just try to ignore it.