Stats
    5'7"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.97%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by jbryand101b View Post
    wut?
    Whey protein absorbs quicker than casein for instance. It's a well known fact that for about an hour post workout your body absorbs protein more efficiently, because of this it would be better to take whey protein as a post workout than casein. However casein protein will still absorb better post workout than it does at other times, but not as well as whey protein since the casein absorbs over a period of about 7 hours, and the whey will absorb in about 2 hours. Soy protein is also supposed to be fast absorbing but I've heard rumors about it raising estrogen levels.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19589961

"We conclude that the feeding-induced simulation of MPS in young men is greater after whey hydrolysate or soy protein consumption than casein both at rest and after resistance exercise; moreover, despite both being fast proteins, whey hydrolysate stimulated MPS to a greater degree than soy after resistance exercise."

There are a lot of studies on this, this one dealt with 10g of each type of protein administered either at rest or post workout.
    "Lifting and Game of Thrones share the same calendar, there's only two seasons: cutting and bulking. And guess what? Winter's comin' so it's time to bulk up!"
    -Dom Mazzetti

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.97%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Also interesting study I just stumbled across showing better strength gains with whey than casein in "recreational bodybuilders":

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17240782
    "Lifting and Game of Thrones share the same calendar, there's only two seasons: cutting and bulking. And guess what? Winter's comin' so it's time to bulk up!"
    -Dom Mazzetti
  3. Primordial Performance Rep
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.53%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Oh ****, I smell another protein debate coming on, backing out for awhile.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.24%

Quote Originally Posted by HereToStudy View Post
    Lol bro! That might be smart!
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.99%

Just ordered some udca for testing. Can't wait to try it out.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.76%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by HereToStudy View Post
    Guys, I have bad news.

I remembered last night to grab my text file of UDCA study links, and realized that folder wasn't backed up when i switched computers a couple months ago. Looks like I no longer have access to the file (along with about 15-20 other text files on certain compounds, ).
    Bleh, i jinxed you with my own HDD failure! NOOOOOOOOO

If ANYONE has the text for UDCA and liver restoration, post it. Otherwise i'll be using my library search engine for a while to find it.
    ~ Serious Nutrition Solutions ~
    Ask me about Reload. Free SNS for your labels
    Rhadam [@] seriousnutritionsolutions.com
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.76%

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPro View Post
    Whey protein absorbs quicker than casein for instance. It's a well known fact that for about an hour post workout your body absorbs protein more efficiently, because of this it would be better to take whey protein as a post workout than casein. However casein protein will still absorb better post workout than it does at other times, but not as well as whey protein since the casein absorbs over a period of about 7 hours, and the whey will absorb in about 2 hours. Soy protein is also supposed to be fast absorbing but I've heard rumors about it raising estrogen levels.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19589961

"We conclude that the feeding-induced simulation of MPS in young men is greater after whey hydrolysate or soy protein consumption than casein both at rest and after resistance exercise; moreover, despite both being fast proteins, whey hydrolysate stimulated MPS to a greater degree than soy after resistance exercise."

There are a lot of studies on this, this one dealt with 10g of each type of protein administered either at rest or post workout.
    No one is asking about protein, nor do we care. The "anabolic window" became irrelevant the moment it was proven that the body stays anabolic for over 24 hours post bout. Protein digestion rates are IRRELEVANT.
  8. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.5%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by HereToStudy
    Thank God you said this, out brought me to my senses, I was getting ready to get into it . I'll just try to ignore it.
  9. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.5%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Yea, wut
  10. Primordial Performance Rep
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.53%
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.36%
    Achievements Posting Pro
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.36%
    Achievements Posting Pro

It seems to be a general consensus that TUDCA, such as in Aegis, is amongst the best form of liver support---if not the best (other than UDCA).

Is the use of TUDCA so "strong" that it would help one avoid liver stress or elevated levels on something like 10 mg a day of Superdrol for 3 weeks?
  13. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.69%

I just took my first dose of sns liver assist and holy....I almost vomited. It's like somebody plopped a steamy one in my mouth.
  14. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.76%

Quote Originally Posted by retroscapers View Post
    I just took my first dose of sns liver assist and holy....I almost vomited. It's like somebody plopped a steamy one in my mouth.
    Unfortunately, that's how you know it's legit lol =/

Quote Originally Posted by lboston View Post
    It seems to be a general consensus that TUDCA, such as in Aegis, is amongst the best form of liver support---if not the best (other than UDCA).

Is the use of TUDCA so "strong" that it would help one avoid liver stress or elevated levels on something like 10 mg a day of Superdrol for 3 weeks?
    Uh, it will keep things normal for much higher doses than that. Obviously every body will be different, but i've seen lipid values of some stupid harsh cycles where UDCA has been used... phenomenal results. I was serious when i said that 1g doses are used to repair the liver. It's that good. 10g of SD is weaksauce.
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.36%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by retroscapers
    Lol-d@mn, that can't be good for business!
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.36%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Rhadam

Unfortunately, that's how you know it's legit lol =/

Uh, it will keep things normal for much higher doses than that. Obviously every body will be different, but i've seen lipid values of some stupid harsh cycles where UDCA has been used... phenomenal results. I was serious when i said that 1g doses are used to repair the liver. It's that good. 10g of SD is weaksauce.
    Lol-I like that, weaksauce.

I'm nowhere near ready for SD yet...all I do/ have done is my normal TRT dose. However, I'm going to buy a couple bottles and save em for the the future, should I decide to use it.

I'm paranoid about the liver. I had liver cancer as a baby (tumor type) and all is well now, other than no gallbladder and enzymes that are typically high normal, but if I do orals of any kind it will be mild.
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.36%
    Achievements Posting Pro

... I'm on TRT due do problems that are (more than likely) from chemotherapy so young...no history of anabolics.
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.97%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Roniboney View Post
    Btw Rhadam why do bbrs buy whey protein? aware
    This is why I originally posted about protein. Then after that jbryan quoted my next post asking me about my response to this about whey having good absorption rate post w/o. Thanks for being a total d!ckhead though rhadam I appreciate it...
    -Dom Mazzetti
  19. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.5%

Quote Originally Posted by retroscapers View Post
    liver assist smells like asss, but you shouldn't taste anything unless you open up the capsules and dump it into your mouth.

you think liver assist smells bad, cycle assist smells worse.

all work like a charm though.
  20. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.69%

Quote Originally Posted by jbryand101b View Post
    liver assist smells like asss, but you shouldn't taste anything unless you open up the capsules and dump it into your mouth.

you think liver assist smells bad, cycle assist smells worse.

all work like a charm though.
    CEL's or AI's? CEL smelt alright to me all the time honestly lol. I could take it with water and I had no problem whatsoever with it.
  21. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.5%

im a cel/sns rep, havn't had the luxury to use ai's.

but I remember back in the day, peeps said it tasted like ass. they prob fixed it by now though.
  22. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.09%

LOL....go back 15-20 years and you'll find out just how good most supps taste these days. Most things today seem like gourmet food in comparison.
    Training around a jacked up neck.
  23. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    36.43%

Some stuff still tastes like burnt diarrhea, can't imagine what things tasted like years ago.
  24. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.36%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Thorny76
    Some stuff still tastes like burnt diarrhea, can't imagine what things tasted like years ago.
    Even 10 years ago when I was first using protein for shakes, that sh!t looked like dry wall spackle and probably was comparable in taste.
  25. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.09%

Quote Originally Posted by lboston View Post
    Even 10 years ago when I was first using protein for shakes, that sh!t looked like dry wall spackle and probably was comparable in taste.
    It looked like drywall spackle and tasted like commode spackle. I remember it being a test of willpower some days to down some of it.

One of the WORST tastes I ever had was creatine mixed with vit B complex. Don't ask me why they put vit B in it but there was no covering up the taste.

And pretty much any weight gainer or protein prior to Designer Protein tasted as if it was predigested by a buzzard, shat back out, and packed just for us.
    Training around a jacked up neck.
  26. Primordial Performance Rep
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.53%

Sounds tasty. Still some that don't taste good for sure though. Liver Juice never got stellar taste reviews, lol. Do love the taste of TCF-1 though.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
  27. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.97%
    Achievements Posting Pro

AI Cycle Support tastes pretty bad, I don't even mix it with anything just put the powder in my mouth and down some water, more tolerable that way lol. I think the worst I've ever had though is the **** Strawberry Whey, also stay the eff away from vitacost brand protein. Unless that is you just want really cheap protein that you hold your breath and down lol.
    -Dom Mazzetti
  28. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.67%

Anybody heard of someone using dandelion root as a liver support? On or off cycle?
  29. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.93%

Not sure if it has been added or not did not read through all pages, but I also add heptatopro. A bit expensive but works well, also know another user who takes it and had bloodwork done with close to normal lipids. Just my .02

Sent from my super duper VS920 4G using Am.com app!
    BLACK LION RESEARCH
    Supplements for bodybuilders
    Http://www.blacklionresearch.com
  30. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.36%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Lhns2
    Not sure if it has been added or not did not read through all pages, but I also add heptatopro. A bit expensive but works well, also know another user who takes it and had bloodwork done with close to normal lipids. Just my .02

Never heard of it--thanks for sharing. Who makes it
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.36%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by specmike

It looked like drywall spackle and tasted like commode spackle. I remember it being a test of willpower some days to down some of it.

One of the WORST tastes I ever had was creatine mixed with vit B complex. Don't ask me why they put vit B in it but there was no covering up the taste.

And pretty much any weight gainer or protein prior to Designer Protein tasted as if it was predigested by a buzzard, shat back out, and packed just for us.
    Lol--that buzzard line made me laugh out loud.
  32. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.93%

This is from a website.

The liver is a large glandular organ, whose functions include decomposition of red blood cells, plasma protein synthesis, hormone production, secretion of bile, and conversion of sugars into glycogen, which it stores. The liver is also responsible for processing many vitamins and nutrients into a form that can be utilized by the body, as well as detoxification of various substances. Modern living involves daily exposure to substances that are toxic to our bodies, which imposes a heavy load on the liver. Therefore, a healthy liver is critical to well-being. Certain lifestyle risks and medical conditions makeitall the more important to ensure that the liver is being maintained at its functional best.

Endogenous phospholipid is an integral part of all cell membranes and essential for their structural and functional integrity. The chemical structure of an extract from soybeans called PPC (poly-enylphosphatidylcholine) corresponds to that of endogenous phospholipid and integrates in the cell membrane, becoming the cell's constitutive element. PPC possesses functional superiority because of its content of unsaturated fatty acids. 23 PPC has antioxidant, cytoprotective, and fluid-regulating effects and has been shown to enhance cell membrane function throughout the body. 24

It is believed that PPC's beneficial effect is based on its ability to be incorporated into liver cell membranes to help restore its structure and the functioning of corresponding enzymes. 23-25 This results in an increase in membrane fluidity and transport activity across the membrane.

PPC also has strong antioxidant properties, which means it may reduce oxidative stress (cellular changes that generate free radicals), may help protect the liver by modulating its immune response and may help ameliorate the effects of blood supply restriction or reperfusion.

PPC is also incorporated into blood lipoproteins, helping to extend its benefits beyond the liver to promote arterial health.

Mounting evidence suggests that PPC supplementation beneficially supports the critical process of reverse cholesterol transport. This process is a well-documented function of high-density lipoprotein (HDL) that involves the transport of cholesterol from the arterial walls to the liver for processing. 26,27

Research also supports PPC's critical role in helping to reduce LDL oxidation. 28,29 In fact, a growing body of research shows that PPC can help maintain healthy lipoprotein profiles in those alreadywithin normal range. 30

HepatoPro contains PPC (polyenylphosphatidylcholine). Each 900-mg PPC softgel is well-absorbed when taken orally and has no known contraindications, side effects, or drug interactions.

BLACK LION RESEARCH
    Supplements for bodybuilders
    Http://www.blacklionresearch.com
  33. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.36%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Lhns2
    This is from a website.

The liver is a large glandular organ, whose functions include decomposition of red blood cells, plasma protein synthesis, hormone production, secretion of bile, and conversion of sugars into glycogen, which it stores. The liver is also responsible for processing many vitamins and nutrients into a form that can be utilized by the body, as well as detoxification of various substances. Modern living involves daily exposure to substances that are toxic to our bodies, which imposes a heavy load on the liver. Therefore, a healthy liver is critical to well-being. Certain lifestyle risks and medical conditions makeitall the more important to ensure that the liver is being maintained at its functional best.

Endogenous phospholipid is an integral part of all cell membranes and essential for their structural and functional integrity. The chemical structure of an extract from soybeans called PPC (poly-enylphosphatidylcholine) corresponds to that of endogenous phospholipid and integrates in the cell membrane, becoming the cell's constitutive element. PPC possesses functional superiority because of its content of unsaturated fatty acids. 23 PPC has antioxidant, cytoprotective, and fluid-regulating effects and has been shown to enhance cell membrane function throughout the body. 24

It is believed that PPC's beneficial effect is based on its ability to be incorporated into liver cell membranes to help restore its structure and the functioning of corresponding enzymes. 23-25 This results in an increase in membrane fluidity and transport activity across the membrane.

PPC also has strong antioxidant properties, which means it may reduce oxidative stress (cellular changes that generate free radicals), may help protect the liver by modulating its immune response and may help ameliorate the effects of blood supply restriction or reperfusion.

PPC is also incorporated into blood lipoproteins, helping to extend its benefits beyond the liver to promote arterial health.

Mounting evidence suggests that PPC supplementation beneficially supports the critical process of reverse cholesterol transport. This process is a well-documented function of high-density lipoprotein (HDL) that involves the transport of cholesterol from the arterial walls to the liver for processing. 26,27

Research also supports PPC's critical role in helping to reduce LDL oxidation. 28,29 In fact, a growing body of research shows that PPC can help maintain healthy lipoprotein profiles in those alreadywithin normal range. 30

HepatoPro contains PPC (polyenylphosphatidylcholine). Each 900-mg PPC softgel is well-absorbed when taken orally and has no known contraindications, side effects, or drug interactions.

Great stuff--definitely have to look this up.
  34. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.99%

just received my udca in the mail today. i'm trying to figure out how to dose it properly at 500mg/day. i have a jewelers scale that i use for selling weed that will measure it out just fine. not gonna start testing it soon, as i'm saving my pennies for a big move, as well as a cycle i wanna do later this year.
  35. Primordial Performance Rep
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.53%

Quote Originally Posted by zeroshens View Post
    just received my udca in the mail today. i'm trying to figure out how to dose it properly at 500mg/day. i have a jewelers scale that i use for selling weed that will measure it out just fine. not gonna start testing it soon, as i'm saving my pennies for a big move, as well as a cycle i wanna do later this year.
    LOL
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
  36. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.36%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Would TUDCA be enough on cycle for h-drol? PCT isn't an issue as I'm on TRT, but have Anabeta Elite And Erase Pro to use if wanted.
  37. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.24%

What would u guys recommend for cycle/liver assist on a cycle that contains dbol, test sust/cyp, deca and winny?
  38. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.76%

Quote Originally Posted by Warwarrior View Post
    What would u guys recommend for cycle/liver assist on a cycle that contains dbol, test sust/cyp, deca and winny?
    Uh... ya. That's quite a load of substances there bud. I hope you know what you're doing lol.
  39. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.24%

Quote Originally Posted by Rhadam View Post
    Uh... ya. That's quite a load of substances there bud. I hope you know what you're doing lol.
    Lol, u think so? Well I've done my research on aas and it's all good on that part. The cycle/liver support stuff is a bit mystery for me and would be nice if someone could recommend some good product(s) for that kinda cycle.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 48
    Last Post: 06-27-2011, 11:48 PM
  2. Best Protein supplements and why
    By Meat44 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-06-2011, 05:23 PM
  3. Replies: 34
    Last Post: 09-15-2010, 10:43 PM
  4. M-drol, liver support and pct
    By theattrition in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2