Best liver support and why?

Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last

1. Liver Juice w/ Bulk Milk Thistle if your on a budget

2. Quote Originally Posted by specmike View Post
    Hey, looking for a rules clarification here. I found UDCA at a popular online retailer where a lot of people buy books. Is that considered discussing sources here? I'm not sure of the legal status of UDCA. But, I wanted to post the link to get some opinions about if this source and stuff is legit and if anyone had any experience with the source. But......I don't wanna moderator smak down either.

EDIT:Sorry for the typo, it's TUDCA (500g) for $15.00. Sounds too good to be true but they have a good rating on the as yet unnamed reseller site.
    Figured it wasn't UDCA, which is a medication (ursodiol). TUDCA features the addition of taurine and is available OTC. That price is a bit low though, I would be weary. I no longer purchase bulks from anyone that isnt established and trusted.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn26 View Post
    Sweat, I'd be interested in seeing this as well
    I should be able to check tonight, sorry was distracted last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhadam View Post
    UDCA is not cheap, and hard to source; 25g is a lot for only 15 dollars. Antaeus Lab's is a good place to put your trust. I've been very happy with Aegis so far. Although i've been working with some friends to go in together and buy a kilo of UDCA possibly, which would be awesome
    Everything Antaeus has made, that I have tried, has been awesome. I am very much a fan of them and would back them up in any situation.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy
    •   

3. Shawn26

Quote Originally Posted by HereToStudy View Post
    Figured it wasn't UDCA, which is a medication (ursodiol). TUDCA features the addition of taurine and is available OTC. That price is a bit low though, I would be weary. I no longer purchase bulks from anyone that isnt established and trusted.

I should be able to check tonight, sorry was distracted last night.

Everything Antaeus has made, that I have tried, has been awesome. I am very much a fan of them and would back them up in any situation.
    Sweet good to hear, and no worries take your time... there is no rush

4. i use liver xt, works fine for me.

5. Quote Originally Posted by jbryand101b
    i use liver xt, works fine for me.
    I'm using liver xt and liv 52 for my upcoming superdrol cycle. I refuse to torture my liver lol.

6. Quote Originally Posted by retroscapers View Post
    I'm using liver xt and liv 52 for my upcoming superdrol cycle. I refuse to torture my liver lol.

Yup, always had great success with Liver Assist XT, but i've moved to CEL Cycle Assist lately as i love the organ support it provides.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Rhadam View Post
    Yup, always had great success with Liver Assist XT, but i've moved to CEL Cycle Assist lately as i love the organ support it provides.
    Have to agree with this.For the price it's the best.

N2 Guard is pretty good also with it's added taurine and multi included but imo cycle assist and cycle support are some of the best products out there.

Btw Rhadam why do bbrs buy whey protein? aware

8. Whey protein has the best absorption rate post workout.
    "Lifting and Game of Thrones share the same calendar, there's only two seasons: cutting and bulking. And guess what? Winter's comin' so it's time to bulk up!"
    -Dom Mazzetti

9. Guys, I have bad news.

I remembered last night to grab my text file of UDCA study links, and realized that folder wasn't backed up when i switched computers a couple months ago. Looks like I no longer have access to the file (along with about 15-20 other text files on certain compounds, ).
    Just inject.
    Facebook:

10. Quote Originally Posted by SuperPro View Post
    Whey protein has the best absorption rate post workout.
    wut?
    •   

11. Quote Originally Posted by jbryand101b View Post
    wut?
    Whey protein absorbs quicker than casein for instance. It's a well known fact that for about an hour post workout your body absorbs protein more efficiently, because of this it would be better to take whey protein as a post workout than casein. However casein protein will still absorb better post workout than it does at other times, but not as well as whey protein since the casein absorbs over a period of about 7 hours, and the whey will absorb in about 2 hours. Soy protein is also supposed to be fast absorbing but I've heard rumors about it raising estrogen levels.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19589961

"We conclude that the feeding-induced simulation of MPS in young men is greater after whey hydrolysate or soy protein consumption than casein both at rest and after resistance exercise; moreover, despite both being fast proteins, whey hydrolysate stimulated MPS to a greater degree than soy after resistance exercise."

There are a lot of studies on this, this one dealt with 10g of each type of protein administered either at rest or post workout.
    "Lifting and Game of Thrones share the same calendar, there's only two seasons: cutting and bulking. And guess what? Winter's comin' so it's time to bulk up!"
    -Dom Mazzetti

12. Also interesting study I just stumbled across showing better strength gains with whey than casein in "recreational bodybuilders":

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17240782
    -Dom Mazzetti

13. Oh ****, I smell another protein debate coming on, backing out for awhile.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:

14. Quote Originally Posted by HereToStudy View Post
    Oh ****, I smell another protein debate coming on, backing out for awhile.
    Lol bro! That might be smart!

15. Just ordered some udca for testing. Can't wait to try it out.

16. Quote Originally Posted by HereToStudy View Post
    Guys, I have bad news.

I remembered last night to grab my text file of UDCA study links, and realized that folder wasn't backed up when i switched computers a couple months ago. Looks like I no longer have access to the file (along with about 15-20 other text files on certain compounds, ).
    Bleh, i jinxed you with my own HDD failure! NOOOOOOOOO

If ANYONE has the text for UDCA and liver restoration, post it. Otherwise i'll be using my library search engine for a while to find it.

17. Quote Originally Posted by SuperPro View Post
    Whey protein absorbs quicker than casein for instance. It's a well known fact that for about an hour post workout your body absorbs protein more efficiently, because of this it would be better to take whey protein as a post workout than casein. However casein protein will still absorb better post workout than it does at other times, but not as well as whey protein since the casein absorbs over a period of about 7 hours, and the whey will absorb in about 2 hours. Soy protein is also supposed to be fast absorbing but I've heard rumors about it raising estrogen levels.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19589961

"We conclude that the feeding-induced simulation of MPS in young men is greater after whey hydrolysate or soy protein consumption than casein both at rest and after resistance exercise; moreover, despite both being fast proteins, whey hydrolysate stimulated MPS to a greater degree than soy after resistance exercise."

There are a lot of studies on this, this one dealt with 10g of each type of protein administered either at rest or post workout.
    No one is asking about protein, nor do we care. The "anabolic window" became irrelevant the moment it was proven that the body stays anabolic for over 24 hours post bout. Protein digestion rates are IRRELEVANT.

18. Quote Originally Posted by HereToStudy
    Oh ****, I smell another protein debate coming on, backing out for awhile.
    Thank God you said this, out brought me to my senses, I was getting ready to get into it . I'll just try to ignore it.

19. Yea, wut

20. It seems to be a general consensus that TUDCA, such as in Aegis, is amongst the best form of liver support---if not the best (other than UDCA).

Is the use of TUDCA so "strong" that it would help one avoid liver stress or elevated levels on something like 10 mg a day of Superdrol for 3 weeks?

21. I just took my first dose of sns liver assist and holy....I almost vomited. It's like somebody plopped a steamy one in my mouth.

22. Quote Originally Posted by retroscapers View Post
    I just took my first dose of sns liver assist and holy....I almost vomited. It's like somebody plopped a steamy one in my mouth.
    Unfortunately, that's how you know it's legit lol =/

Quote Originally Posted by lboston View Post
    It seems to be a general consensus that TUDCA, such as in Aegis, is amongst the best form of liver support---if not the best (other than UDCA).

Is the use of TUDCA so "strong" that it would help one avoid liver stress or elevated levels on something like 10 mg a day of Superdrol for 3 weeks?
    Uh, it will keep things normal for much higher doses than that. Obviously every body will be different, but i've seen lipid values of some stupid harsh cycles where UDCA has been used... phenomenal results. I was serious when i said that 1g doses are used to repair the liver. It's that good. 10g of SD is weaksauce.

23. Quote Originally Posted by retroscapers
    I just took my first dose of sns liver assist and holy....I almost vomited. It's like somebody plopped a steamy one in my mouth.
    Lol-d@mn, that can't be good for business!

24. Quote Originally Posted by Rhadam

Unfortunately, that's how you know it's legit lol =/

Uh, it will keep things normal for much higher doses than that. Obviously every body will be different, but i've seen lipid values of some stupid harsh cycles where UDCA has been used... phenomenal results. I was serious when i said that 1g doses are used to repair the liver. It's that good. 10g of SD is weaksauce.
    Lol-I like that, weaksauce.

I'm nowhere near ready for SD yet...all I do/ have done is my normal TRT dose. However, I'm going to buy a couple bottles and save em for the the future, should I decide to use it.

I'm paranoid about the liver. I had liver cancer as a baby (tumor type) and all is well now, other than no gallbladder and enzymes that are typically high normal, but if I do orals of any kind it will be mild.

25. ... I'm on TRT due do problems that are (more than likely) from chemotherapy so young...no history of anabolics.

26. Quote Originally Posted by Roniboney View Post
    Btw Rhadam why do bbrs buy whey protein? aware
    This is why I originally posted about protein. Then after that jbryan quoted my next post asking me about my response to this about whey having good absorption rate post w/o. Thanks for being a total d!ckhead though rhadam I appreciate it...
    -Dom Mazzetti

27. Quote Originally Posted by retroscapers View Post
    liver assist smells like asss, but you shouldn't taste anything unless you open up the capsules and dump it into your mouth.

you think liver assist smells bad, cycle assist smells worse.

all work like a charm though.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 48
    Last Post: 06-27-2011, 11:48 PM
  2. Best Protein supplements and why
    By Meat44 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-06-2011, 05:23 PM
  3. Replies: 34
    Last Post: 09-15-2010, 10:43 PM
  4. M-drol, liver support and pct
    By theattrition in forum Anabolics