Newbie questions

pistol345

pistol345

Awards
  • Established
I tried researching this, but I couldn't seem to find a straight answer... how does aas affect one's daily calorie requirements? Someone told me it was impossible to pack on any muscle with a calorie deficit (which makes sense), but I'm wondering if I was taking aas, if that was possible? I know people can do all out cuts and maintain their muscle with aas, but will they gain any more muscle or strength? and do they keep the muscle and or strength after stopping aas? Like most people, I wanna gain muscle and lose fat at the same time. I know I could do a test cycle with a calorie surplus and gain a lot of muscle, then throw in some winny or something to get cut. I don't really want to get a whole lot bigger really fast ( I don't really desire to be super muscular anyways). I would really like to gain a good 10-15lbs while simultaneously losing about 3% bodyfat, so what would you recommend? I'm really trying to understand the science behind aas, I know its not as simple as "stick yourself with a needle and get jacked". Thanks in advance guys!

TFlifting

Awards
I tried researching this, but I couldn't seem to find a straight answer... how does aas affect one's daily calorie requirements? Someone told me it was impossible to pack on any muscle with a calorie deficit (which makes sense), but I'm wondering if I was taking aas, if that was possible? I know people can do all out cuts and maintain their muscle with aas, but will they gain any more muscle or strength? and do they keep the muscle and or strength after stopping aas? Like most people, I wanna gain muscle and lose fat at the same time. I know I could do a test cycle with a calorie surplus and gain a lot of muscle, then throw in some winny or something to get cut. I don't really want to get a whole lot bigger really fast ( I don't really desire to be super muscular anyways). I would really like to gain a good 10-15lbs while simultaneously losing about 3% bodyfat, so what would you recommend? I'm really trying to understand the science behind aas, I know its not as simple as "stick yourself with a needle and get jacked". Thanks in advance guys!
I would recommend test e, your probably looking at a cycle like this

Test e 500mg/week weeks 1-12
Winny 50-100mg/day weeks 6-10
Arimidex 0.5mg/E3D weeks 1-12

Personally I would say 500 calories over maintenance would let you gain muscle and lose fat on AAS but because of increased protein synthesis you can actually lose more weight and have a much greater caloric deficit without losing muscle mass if you are on AAS but if in a deficit I wouldn't expect any gains in muscle