Interesting study; liver FT and weight lifting. Advice Plz..

R.D.

Awards
I would like advice from some one knowledgeable about continuing an UltraD cycle. I went to my local supp. store to get a test booster and the guy sold me on ultradrol (lol). I didn't know anything about it so I started reading and found out how powerful it is. I did blood work 3 days after starting to get a reference of where I am starting out. My blood work came back fine except AST is already elevated (I will post blood work below). I have read in several medical references that isolated ASTs can be from several causes other that liver toxicity. Here is one quote from a medical journal;There are occasions when it is useful to measure both ALT and AST. An isolated elevated AST may be due to muscle damage, Also the study that I linked above is dedicated to just that. Since I have started the methylstenbolone I have been pounding the weight and have been sore like I haven't been in years. I did chest and legs within 48 hrs. of my blood work and was very sore at the time of my blood draw. I wanted to know if anyone else has seen this before from hard training alone, because 3 days should not be enough time for methylstenbolone to jack up my levels. Every thing else like ALT and LDL/HDL are norm. I am 6'4" 245 and have done well on both PH and Injectables before with very low sides. I lowered the dose yesterday form 12 to 8mg. I am considering whether or not to continue. I was going to stay at 8 mg until about a week and recheck my levels. I am taking Silymarin(milk thistle) I have Tudac coming in today. Here are my Labs below;
Test Level Range

CHOLESTEROL, TOTAL 150 125-200 mg/dL MI
HDL CHOLESTEROL 51 > OR = 40 mg/dL MI
TRIGLYCERIDES 55 <150 mg/dL MI
LDL-CHOLESTEROL 88 <130 mg/dL (calc) MI
CHOL/HDLC RATIO 2.9 < OR = 5.0 (calc) MI
NON-HDL CHOLESTEROL 99 mg/dL (calc) MI

GLUCOSE 83 65-99 mg/dL

UREA NITROGEN (BUN) 22 7-25 mg/dL
CREATININE 1.06 0.60-1.35 mg/dL
eGFR NON-AFR. AMERICAN 92 > OR = 60 mL/min/1.73m2
eGFR AFRICAN AMERICAN 106 > OR = 60 mL/min/1.73m2

SODIUM 139 135-146 mmol/L
POTASSIUM 4.6 3.5-5.3 mmol/L
CHLORIDE 105 98-110 mmol/L
CARBON DIOXIDE 21 21-33 mmol/L
CALCIUM 9.6 8.6-10.3 mg/dL
PROTEIN, TOTAL 7.3 6.2-8.3 g/dL
ALBUMIN 4.9 3.6-5.1 g/dL
GLOBULIN 2.4 2.1-3.7 g/dL (calc)
ALBUMIN/GLOBULIN v 2.0 1.0-2.1 (calc)
BILIRUBIN, TOTAL 0.6 0.2-1.2 mg/dL
ALKALINE PHOSPHATASE 58 40-115 U/L
AST 63 H 10-40 U/L
ALT 35 9-60 U/L

PHOSPHATE (AS PHOSPHORUS) 3.8 2.5-4.5 mg/dL MI
BILIRUBIN, DIRECT 0.1 < OR = 0.2 mg/dL MI

R.D.

Awards
here is a summary of the study I tried to link (I am a new member and can't post links);
Here is a summary of a study I have a question about. Sorry I am a new member and can't post a link:
"Aim

To investigate the effect of intensive muscular exercise (weightlifting) on clinical chemistry parameters reflecting liver function in healthy men.

Methods

Fifteen healthy men, used to moderate physical activity not including weightlifting, performed an 1 h long weightlifting programme. Blood was sampled for clinical chemistry parameters [aspartate aminotransferase (AST), alanine aminotransferase (ALT), lactate dehydrogenase (LD), gamma-glutamyl transferase (γGT), alkaline phosphatase (ALP), bilirubin, creatine kinase (CK) and myoglobin] at repeated intervals during 7 days postexercise and at a follow-up examination 10–12 days postexercise.

Results

Five out of eight studied clinical chemistry parameters (AST, ALT, LD, CK and myoglobin) increased significantly after exercise (P < 0.01) and remained increased for at least 7 days postexercise. Bilirubin, γGT and ALP remained within the normal range.

Conclusion

The liver function parameters, AST and ALT, were significantly increased for at least 7 days after the exercise. In addition, LD and, in particular, CK and myoglobin showed highly elevated levels. These findings highlight the importance of imposing restrictions on weightlifting prior to and during clinical studies. Intensive muscular exercise, e.g. weightlifting, should also be considered as a cause of asymptomatic elevations of liver function tests in daily clinical practice.

Riskyb

Awards
ALT is more liver specific. It wasn't your supplement. AST is more systemic, could be elevated just because you work out

R.D.

Awards
thanks that was fast! I have been hitting em hard trying to get the most out of it. Just wanted to make sure i wasn't missing anything.