Infection aftet pinning

Mitch5

Mitch5

Awards
So in 4th week of test e cycle. On my 2 be injection of the week the pinning did not go so well. Little shaky and lots of blood and bruising right after. Now 3 days later it is super sore a little swollen and has red almost veiny looking things about an inch around the pinning site. It is slightly warm to the touch and still really bruised. I don't have a fever. I want to ride it out and not go to doc if infection. At what point would I need to see doc and how many days could I let it go for to see if it subsides. It was a sterile injection as far as I know. Cleaned vial top, and injection site before pinning

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
Can you post a picture? You may have passed thru a vessel on the way in and when you pulled out it left a hematoma. Also, did u aspirate?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Mitch5

Mitch5

Awards
Can you post a picture? You may have passed thru a vessel on the way in and when you pulled out it left a hematoma. Also, did u aspirate?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
I can try as post one a little later, yes I aspirated and a had a bubble come up and no blood. But I was doing it in left quad and was a little shaky since right handed and had to do it fast. What's a hematoma?

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
I can try as post one a little later, yes I aspirated and a had a bubble come up and no blood. But I was doing it in left quad and was a little shaky since right handed and had to do it fast. What's a hematoma?
like if you pierced a vessel with the needle, when you pull out the blood will leak outside the vessel and collect causing bruising/swelling in the spot. snap a pic of it when you can. is it raised?

sking6464

sking6464

Awards
  • Established
agreed, it should go away after 4days, so you are almost there........the bloody veins tho iv never seen, pic would be helpful

dude it happens sometimes, you nicked something.......with injections, thousand things can go wrong, but rarely do type thing

benjwg

Awards
Another reason for me to keep things oral.

That sounds rough.

does it look like en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hematoma ??

if so you should be fine. If it persists, go and see the doctor.

extreme case - If you do have a hematoma, if you get a hard mass under the skin and it develops further and dosent dissapear, you may have to have it surgically removed.

Mitch5

Mitch5

Awards
Super raised knot like, the redness only is below the injection site as you can see in the pick. It's streaky/veiny looking but the injection site just looks bruised and not an infectious red. This morning is the most painful yet. Although I did hill sprints yesterday

benjwg

Awards
Looks like a very slight hematoma.

Hematomas can appear striated so dont worry to much.

Like I said, if it gets any worse go and see a doctor - dont rely solely on advice from people off here.

You dont need to even tell him what its from if your bothered.

Husker89

Banned
Awards
i got an infection in my quad and if ithurts badly and is red i would go to a doc and say you were using b12 thats what i did and antibiotics made it better

Like I said, if it gets any worse go and see a doctor - dont rely solely on advice from people off here.

Mitch5

Mitch5

Awards
the bruise just looks like u nicked something on the way in/out but the redness is odd. if it gets worse, go see a doc, if it slowly gets better your probably in the clear
I think I'll do what I used to do with staph infections and outline the redness with a pen and see if it is spreading or shrinking.

Ok I hope your right, on parents insurance do doc appointment would be last resort

i got an infection in my quad and if ithurts badly and is red i would go to a doc and say you were using b12 thats what i did and antibiotics made it better
Great excuse! I'll be sure to use that if I end up having to go. What do I say if he asked why I was taking that? Deficiency?

Mitch5

Mitch5

Awards
Btw thanks for all the replies! Reassuring to know I'm probably not in the immediate process of dying lol

Mitch5

Mitch5

Awards
Another reason for me to keep things oral.

That sounds rough.

does it look like en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hematoma ??

if so you should be fine. If it persists, go and see the doctor.

extreme case - If you do have a hematoma, if you get a hard mass under the skin and it develops further and dosent dissapear, you may have to have it surgically removed.
Slightly scared by your extreme case though haha!

Husker89

Banned
Awards
dude if it is not better by now i would got to the doc and say you were taking it i said w/o prescription and hewas cool, way better than saying anabolic steroids lol. I knew mine was infected because it was a sharp pain versus a muslce pain fro ma succesfull injection
I think I'll do what I used to do with staph infections and outline the redness with a pen and see if it is spreading or shrinking.

Ok I hope your right, on parents insurance do doc appointment would be last resort

Great excuse! I'll be sure to use that if I end up having to go. What do I say if he asked why I was taking that? Deficiency?

Husker89

Banned
Awards
i honestly think that is 100% infected b/c it looked EXACTLY like mine(no brusie though) so i guess a hematoma is possible but better safe than sorry thats my advice
Slightly scared by your extreme case though haha!

Mitch5

Mitch5

Awards
i honestly think that is 100% infected b/c it looked EXACTLY like mine(no brusie though) so i guess a hematoma is possible but better safe than sorry thats my advice
Ahh well I will try and wait it out 1-2 more days and if no change I will go see a doctor, or if it starts getting any worse I will immediately go see one

Husker89

Banned
Awards
i waited 7 days and my whole top leg was red then i went better in 2 days
Ahh well I will try and wait it out 1-2 more days and if no change I will go see a doctor, or if it starts getting any worse I will immediately go see one

Mitch5

Mitch5

Awards
i waited 7 days and my whole top leg was red then i went better in 2 days
Does is seem strange that the injection site itself is not red/infected symptoms? But just down below it is? And if I have no fever/puss/pressing does not leave an indent in the area doesn't that just mean my body is handling it right now? Forming a cyst over the area to contain it?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jrog3346 Anabolics 10
Punkrocker Anabolics 24
MadStax Anabolics 2
Anabolics 11
Nutrition / Health 8