anybody cycled while recovering from surgery?

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

anybody cycled while recovering from surgery?

im thinkin about running a test e very low dose cycle -either 300mg or 500mg for 12 weeks to help recover from shoulder surgery. im about 8 weeks out of surgery doing physical therapy, now, i dont plan to use this as a way to start lifting earlier than the 6 months my doctor quoted me, i work a very physical job and just want to get back to work a couple weeks early while burning alittle fat. anyone done any kind of experimenting like this?

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  205 lbs.

I cycled test c at 300 mg a week last year right after my ACL reconstruction surgery . My P /T therapist said I made one of the fastest recoveries he's
    seen . 3 months instead of 5 or 6 . It made my therapy go a lot easier not to mention the strength I was able to gain in my leg .
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

that is good info, but i wonder how it will react with e.....being on disability doesnt pay **** so it seems smarter to do 300mg for longer instead of 500mg.....though i do feel 500 would make it come back faster, but moneywise seems harder. did u go back to lifting earlier or wait for the term that u were quoted? my main goal is to burn fat, and get this damn shoulder back to where i can carry my bigass extension ladder around and crawl without pain under a house....if doc thinks i can lift earlier than december ill go for it, but not unless i was instructed to
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

its a sad feeling to go from side rasing 45s to 3lbs and 3 hurts :/ i wanna go back so ill quit wasting away on this damn couch trying to get better
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  205 lbs.

I know how you feel p/t sucks you really
    Find out how weak you are but I was able to
    Train my whole upper body at least.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

yea i gotta get legs in while i can...how many weeks did u run test btw?
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Ok guys ive been running 375mg a week, very modest, and the past 2 weeks my shoulder feels amazing, huge turnaround, im still gonna keep on it and rest it until im supposed to lift, but me and my physical therapist have noticed my workouts are goin much smoother since i started on ( therapist doesnt know ) So i vote yes on low dose test e run for injury recovery
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  201 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by r1ppedup
    Ok guys ive been running 375mg a week, very modest, and the past 2 weeks my shoulder feels amazing, huge turnaround, im still gonna keep on it and rest it until im supposed to lift, but me and my physical therapist have noticed my workouts are goin much smoother since i started on ( therapist doesnt know ) So i vote yes on low dose test e run for injury recovery
    That's good news my man, get healthy!
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.

Definitely keep resting the shoulder big guy. Towards the end of my cycles, a lot of parts of my body feel like they're ready to give in to injury, and my delts are certainly one of them. Test will be beneficial to recovery of an injury, but it will never be a prevention...pushing a muscular group either on AAS or off is going to incur risk. Keep it at rest, you'll definitely be happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by LiamTaylor View Post
    I push myself to limits everyday i train tbh, visited my mum yesterday and she said i looked a bit bigger, she doesnt know about the steroids
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  228 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonard1968
    I cycled test c at 300 mg a week last year right after my ACL reconstruction surgery . My P /T therapist said I made one of the fastest recoveries he's
    seen . 3 months instead of 5 or 6 . It made my therapy go a lot easier not to mention the strength I was able to gain in my leg .
    I was recovered and playing football after 3 months from acl surgery, without aas lol. I'm not 100% sure that was the only factor. Genetics/age/doctor/pt/dedication go along ways in recovery. I'm sure the aas helped the stabilizing muscles around the joint but as far as the ligament recovering I can't say for sure. In my opinion from my limited knowledge gotta say it does not help that
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenEarth View Post
    Definitely keep resting the shoulder big guy. Towards the end of my cycles, a lot of parts of my body feel like they're ready to give in to injury, and my delts are certainly one of them. Test will be beneficial to recovery of an injury, but it will never be a prevention...pushing a muscular group either on AAS or off is going to incur risk. Keep it at rest, you'll definitely be happy.
    Yea i definately want to get healthy before i go through all this bull again...doc says i can actually start lftin light again at the gym in october, and my dr is very conservative... so ill have alot of strengthening to do to get back up to par...

And since ive been on, not many weeks but 90% of the pain has disapeared, and my therapy has become so much easier...the way i see anything more test = faster recovery..
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 137
    Last Post: 10-15-2007, 04:16 PM
  2. ATD on Cycle while using Prop from Synovex
    By Irish Cannon in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-21-2006, 06:26 PM
  3. having trouble recovering from shutdown of cycle
    By FitModel in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-31-2006, 01:22 PM
  4. how long for body to recover from a short cycle?
    By nattyHST in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-10-2005, 02:01 PM